PDA

View Full Version : Do you use a bag organizer/insert?

salsah
02-22-2011, 01:09 AM
I'm thinking of getting something like this (http://mytagalongs.com/index.php?prodid=159)to help organize all the stuff i carry around and to make it easier and faster to switch from one bag to another.

anyone use one and have feedback? i've seen the pish posh baby ones as well as some on etsy and ebay. i'm leaning towards the mytagalongs.

mimi2008
02-22-2011, 01:57 AM
i was thinking about getting a purse organizer too but kept forgetting to post a new thread about it. thanks.

salsah
02-22-2011, 06:49 PM
anyone? i got the feeling that they aren't that common, but i was hoping someone here would have tried one.

mackmama
02-26-2011, 10:15 PM
I have tried one. It moved around a lot inside my bag. I decided that I prefer a bag with pockets.

salsah
02-27-2011, 01:23 AM
I have tried one. It moved around a lot inside my bag. I decided that I prefer a bag with pockets.

thanks for the feedback. that is actually something i was worried about.

i recently (after starting this thread), found a bag that i like but it doesn't zip closed (just has a snap) and doesn't have any pockets. i would be okay with that for limited use, but i want to use the bag for traveling this summer (need pockets and need it to be secure). i thought that i could get an organizer insert that i saw on etsy that has a zipper closure. then it occurred to me that i can just make one myself, customize the size, and put in a zipper.

not sure if it is worth the effort.

jvs195
02-27-2011, 08:34 AM
I tried the Pursnizer (an organizer) and it just didn't work for me. I don't switch my bag so I prefer to have pockets/sections in my purse. I use mesh zip bags (from Target makeup section) for my makeup and one for my reusable bags. I have a small zip wallet and an extra one for the less used cards. Seems like a lot, but I can find it blindly.

artvandalay
02-27-2011, 09:05 AM
I've never used one, but I've always thought about getting one of these:

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx?view=2&app=detail&params=item%5eH1959&cookie=set

but I wouldn't get black because I think it would make it harder to find your stuff inside the bag

mackmama
02-27-2011, 11:54 AM
i recently (after starting this thread), found a bag that i like but it doesn't zip closed (just has a snap) and doesn't have any pockets. i would be okay with that for limited use, but i want to use the bag for traveling this summer (need pockets and need it to be secure). i thought that i could get an organizer insert that i saw on etsy that has a zipper closure. then it occurred to me that i can just make one myself, customize the size, and put in a zipper.

not sure if it is worth the effort.

that does sound like a lot of effort. i guess it depends on how much you love the bag. i also only like bags that zip close so i at least have the option to totally secure it. i think the more pockets the better. maybe you could find a similar bag that already zips and has more organization.

s7714
02-27-2011, 03:04 PM
I asked for a set of these Kwiki ones for Christmas. I use the smaller one in my everyday purse right now and plan to just pop it in my diaper bag once I have to start carrying one again. The medium size actually would fit in my purse too, but the small one leaves just enough space on the side that I can slip a water bottle in. The large size works nicely in my larger tote bags. I love that there are little pockets for all my items--one for chapstick, one for pens, one for a mint tin, etc. But then I'm very much a "place for everything and everything in its place" kind of gal.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_home-garden?_encoding=UTF8&node=1055398&field-brandtextbin=KWIKI

I got a set of the khaki colored ones as black is too hard to see inside purses IMO and I'm just not that into red.

I looked at a couple of versions they sell on TV (Lady Elegance and Kangaroo something) at a local "As Seen on TV" store and they seemed really cheaply made. The Kangaroo one also smelled really strongly of chemicals.

mackmama
02-27-2011, 03:08 PM
That Kwiki one looks a lot better than the one I tried. I had one that kind of unrolled, so it moved around a lot. The Kwiki looks pretty stable and looks like it has lots of pockets. How heavy is it? I'm hesitant to add anything that would add much weight to my already-heavy bag.

nupe
02-27-2011, 03:50 PM
I have been using the purzinizer for seveal years. It used to be really handy when purses didn't come with mobile phone pockets etc. It's still really nice to know where everything is and it does make changing bags easier. I think Purzinizer went out of business.
ETA
The one thing I really love about the purziner is that the top of it has a zip!

s7714
02-27-2011, 05:27 PM
That Kwiki one looks a lot better than the one I tried. I had one that kind of unrolled, so it moved around a lot. The Kwiki looks pretty stable and looks like it has lots of pockets. How heavy is it? I'm hesitant to add anything that would add much weight to my already-heavy bag.

Amazon lists the medium as about 6 oz. and the large about 8 oz. so I'd venture to guess the small as being about 4 oz. Initially when I put one in my purse I felt a weight difference but haven't really thought about it since. I think the weight is more noticable in light weight, unstructured bags vs. a heavier, sturdier purse like a leather one.

MamaKath
02-28-2011, 10:19 PM
I have one that is similar to the one in the original post. It was purchased at tjmaxx for less than 10$. It is okay. I got it specifically for a bag without pockets and with an open top. Tote style. It holds everything but it makes it so tight that I don't always take the time to put stuff back in the right spot. Then it is just a mess. I actually found that a big cotton drawstring bag worked better with a couple little makeupbags to seperate stuff out inside it. It is a netter fix for me than the organizer.

DrSally
02-28-2011, 10:23 PM
Interesting...That Kiwi one looks like it has a lot of organization potential, and a good price. I just bought a bag that is a big open black hole, but I love the look on the outside. I do have a med. le sports sac that I use to put dipes, wipes, epipen, benadryl, chapstick, etc. (stuff for the kids). I'm thinking that I can take *that* in and out of the bag and then I can lighten my bag when I'm out sans kids. I'm still testing it out, so we'll see how it goes.