PDA

View Full Version : Dish Washing Detergent in Dish Washer?

SunshineWedding
02-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Can I use dish washing detergent in my dishwasher and if so how much - I vaguely recall doing this before and lots of soupy suds filling my kitchen floor http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon12.gif

brittone2
02-22-2011, 02:20 PM
nak-
years ago I stuck a kitchen sponge in the dishwasher to disinfect it. I hadn't gotten all of the liquid soap out of it from using it at the sink, and it alone caused my dishwasher to spit out bubbles onto the floor. So I would not stick liquid in your dishwasher, because my experience w/ even a small amount still in the sponge was a lot of bubbles!

momm
02-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Noooooooooooooooooo you can't!

You're right about the copious suds on the kitchen floor. I won't tell you how I know

:bag

JBaxter
02-22-2011, 02:23 PM
nope it bubbles out all over the floor..... Ask DH

cairo06
02-22-2011, 03:28 PM
My DS did this last week. He poured a whole bottle of dishsoap into the dishwasher. I wiped it out as much as I could and I still had suds all over the kitchen floor. It took another five runs to get the film off the dishes and to stop having suds at the bottom of the machine. Not a good day.

Smillow
02-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Can I use dish washing detergent in my dishwasher and if so how much - I vaguely recall doing this before and lots of soupy suds filling my kitchen floor http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon12.gif

I've always said that you only do this once - then you know!:ROTFLMAO:Don't do it!!! Unless you need to clean you kitchen floor...

jerigirl
02-22-2011, 05:04 PM
When DH first moved into his apartment he did this. Of course it flooded his kitchen and he had to call the maintenance guy. :hysterical:

tmahanes
02-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Noooooooooooooooooo you can't!

You're right about the copious suds on the kitchen floor. I won't tell you how I know

:bag

:yeahthat: Exactly!!! I can still remember the look on my mom's face when I accidently did it. :hysterical:

BarbieSmith
02-23-2011, 10:02 AM
I ran out of auto dish detergent and used just a few DROPS of liquid (hand wash) dish detergent, and it was just fine. But note I used just a few drops, literally. With those few drops and and a high heat steam finish, I was satisfied that my dishes were sanitary, for the short term.