PDA

View Full Version : My Toddler Gets Stuck in Beco

Multimama
02-22-2011, 04:57 PM
Okay, I have hesitated to ask this because I feel like if other people were having this problem I would have read about it, but:

My toddler gets stuck in the Beco!

When I put him on on my back everything works out okay, but then when I come to take him out, I can't figure out how to do it! The straps that come really close over the top of his legs on the sides (hope that makes sense) mean that his legs are kind of trapped in there. I end up having to take the whole thing off to get him out or contort him in some way.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a solution with the Beco? Or another carrier that is easier to get a toddler in and out of in a back carry?

Any help you can offer is much appreciated.

Multimama
02-23-2011, 06:28 PM
So I guess I actually am the only person with this probably, huh? :)

roseyloxs
02-23-2011, 07:08 PM
I usually just take the whole Beco off assuming my dd is awake. I used to..
lean forward
loosen the straps near the legs
then take off the shoulder straps one by one
Then I let the beco fall backwards making sure his legs are free
Then with my hands assist dd to slide down around my leg.

Now I just undo the waist buckle and one shoulder strap and just slide the whole Beco, baby and all down my leg until my dd is standing. Then I help free her from the Beco. I like this method since I don't have to readjust the straps next time I use the carrier.

Hope that makes sense.

Multimama
02-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Thanks, Roseyloxs. That does makes sense. Do you think an Ergo or something like that would be easier to keep on and get them out?

twowhat?
02-24-2011, 02:49 PM
I unhook one shoulder, unbuckle the waist strap, and swing around to my front where I pick her up and just put her down standing on the ground or on a bench or whatever, Then I slide the beco off down her legs like taking off underwear.

The Ergo would be easier, I'd think - but there's a learning curve to getting a toddler into a back carry by yourself - search youtube for videos on how to do it.

Multimama
02-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks. I guess I'll just practice with the Beco. :)