PDA

View Full Version : What would you do...

DietCokeLover
02-22-2011, 06:48 PM
I have a 2008 Baby Jogger double City Classic. We don't use it anymore and it's just taking up much needed space.

The consignment sale season is coming and one that I sell at frequently is in about 2 weeks. I can sell it there, but they will take 30% of the sale price. So, let's say I sell it for $250, they are going to get $75 of it. I hate that part.

But, we have a terrible Craigslist here. Mostly beat up Gracos and Jeep strollers. So, I don't think I'd get a good response if I tried Craigslist.

If it were you.... would you just suck it up and sell it at the consignment sale?

fivi2
02-22-2011, 06:52 PM
I have the same stroller (but mine is older) sitting by my front door because I have no clue what to do with it! In your case, I would try craigslist before the sale and if you don't get any takers, just sell it at the sale.

JoyNChrist
02-22-2011, 06:56 PM
If I were you I'd send it to me. ;)

No, I'm kidding - I'd probably suck it up and do the consignment sale, because I HATE dealing with Craigslist (responding to people, waiting for them to show up...it just stresses me out).

khm
02-22-2011, 06:56 PM
Toss it on CL now, why not? Someone might be wishing and hoping from something like that to show up! :) If it doesn't sell, then maybe the fee from the consignment won't seem so bad. (I'm assuming you have two weeks before having to take it to the sale?)

crl
02-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Post it on CL, if it doesn't sell then take it to the consignment sale.

Catherine

bubbaray
02-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Well, if you can work out a deal with Stacy, you could sell it to her for (say) $250 including shipping, if that would work out to less than $75. That way, you have more in your pocket than the consignment store, and she gets a deal on a nice stroller???? I'm pretty sure you could ship it within the US for less than $75. I could be wrong on that, though.

crl
02-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Oh, you could also join the stroller group set up by A, search or post in the stroller forum, and/or strollerqueen's stroller swap group (which is on yahoo). People buy and sell strollers on those.

Not sure about shipping costs, usually I think the kicker is that you have to buy a custom box (unless you saved the original box, which I never do). But it probably is less than $75.

Catherine

wellyes
02-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Bbb swap!

WatchingThemGrow
02-22-2011, 10:23 PM
Is there a bigger/better craigslist not too far from you, where you may go from time to time? Could you post it there? Definitely post it on yours, then swap, the stroller group, a local moms group, etc. Surely there are other moms in your area wanting a new great stroller, right?