PDA

View Full Version : I Know Rush L is a Blow Hard, but Come ON!!!

StantonHyde
02-22-2011, 10:24 PM
He is criticizing Michelle Obama for being too fat--saying that she clearly does not follow her anti obesity advice. That she ate ribs for lunch when she was on vacation and their Super Bowl party had junk food. According to something on yahoo, he and Sarah Palin are criticizing Michelle for advocating breast feeding!!!!!!! WHUCK?????

The anti obesity campaign isn't about making everyone a swimsuit model--as Rush insinuated--but to make people more healthy. I'm certainly not a swim suit model, but my BMI is at 24--which just takes me out of the overweight range and I am happy to be there. It isn't all or nothing. Its most things in moderation. yeesh.

As someone who works in health care and sees the ravages that obesity causes on the body, I am willing to support most things that are sensible ways to reduce the impact this health crisis has on people and our nation's health. sigh.

DietCokeLover
02-22-2011, 10:26 PM
I sometimes like Rush Limbaugh, but I thought his comments on this were petty and out of line.

kijip
02-22-2011, 10:35 PM
I imagine a lot of late 40s moms of two would love to look like Michelle Obama. I for one could use her arms for sure and I am only 30.

She is tall and not a waif, seems to have a pretty muscular build. I can't imagine anyone calling her fat.

Oh wait, I can imagine someone calling her fat.

That someone would be the same person who once likened a 12 year old girl's portrait to a dog on national television...

That person is of course Rush Limbaugh. He's more than proven himself a total jerk when it comes to women and their size and appearance.

Because he is so fetching and the epitome of male physique himself, right?

DrSally
02-22-2011, 10:37 PM
I have to prevent myself from writing what I really think b/c I might get into name calling and saying something insulting (toward Rush).

MamaSnoo
02-22-2011, 10:47 PM
I'd love to see the Michelle vs Rush swimsuit competition......oh, wait...... actually, I would not want to see that. ;)

katydid1971
02-22-2011, 11:04 PM
I have to prevent myself from writing what I really think b/c I might get into name calling and saying something insulting (toward Rush).
:yeahthat:
That man claimed that Michael J Fox was faking his Parkinson's.
He is the lowest of the low IMO

Puddy73
02-22-2011, 11:08 PM
:rotflmao:

wellyes
02-22-2011, 11:20 PM
It isn't just Rush, this is a thing conservative media is trying to push.... demonizing Michelle Obama as a preachy fat hypocrite. See also http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1357212/Michelle-Obama-portrayed-overweight-cartoon-attacking-obesity-campaign-Lets-Move.html

Kind of nonsensical to me. She is fit and actually a bit of a fashion icon.

Smillow
02-22-2011, 11:35 PM
It isn't just Rush, this is a thing conservative media is trying to push.... demonizing Michelle Obama as a preachy fat hypocrite. See also http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1357212/Michelle-Obama-portrayed-overweight-cartoon-attacking-obesity-campaign-Lets-Move.html

Kind of nonsensical to me. She is fit and actually a bit of a fashion icon.

That cartoon is vile! Who on earth is going to fall for this that isn't already on the fringe? It seems they are grasping at straws to find something offensive about the First Lady... Team Michelle!:cheerleader1:

BabyMine
02-22-2011, 11:41 PM
He got the calorie count wrong because they were only 600 calories. She also says that you can still eat unhealthy things every now and then just not all the time and in small amounts. I don't understand what he and Palin gain by attacking her. I guess it's the publicity.

StantonHyde
02-23-2011, 01:04 AM
Yes, the article I read noted that Rush had lost 58 pounds--good for him. Doesn't put him in swimsuit category either!!!! And since when is it swim suit model or nothing? For many of the people my DH sees in the ER, it would be enough if they were not "super morbidly obsese". I mean when you have to have an MRI at the ZOO that might be your first clue that you should adopt healthier eating habits. Just trying to stay healthy--not starvation skinny!

gatorsmom
02-23-2011, 01:09 AM
I mean when you have to have an MRI at the ZOO that might be your first clue that you should adopt healthier eating habits.

You are kidding, right? Tell me you are exagerating.

I hate RL too. He is nothing but a blow hole. And I'm not a huge fan of Palin either. But is it really true she was picking on Michelle Obama for breastfeeding? This really confuses me since Palin is a big supporter of breastfeeding. She was even breastfeeding her littlest one in the Governor's mansion in Alaska!

citymama
02-23-2011, 01:25 AM
Rush is such a moron. I could make fun of his weight but that would be cruel and too easy to do. In this case, he's gotta just be jealous. Michelle looks amazing - and she's smart as heck. Not something people tend to say about Limbaugh.

Yes, Lisa, Palin and Bachman were up in arms about Mrs Obamas BFing promotion campaign but the logic was too contorted to explain without giving me a headache. The term "nanny state" made it's way in there (although nannies don't BF your baby). The mind boggles.

StantonHyde
02-23-2011, 01:28 AM
Lisa:

One, I kid you not--every hospital in every city with a zoo has some sort of system worked out to get patients there if needed--because the xray tables and machines only go up to 300 some odd pounds. So when you weigh 400-500 pounds, you have to go to the zoo. My friend, who is an oncology NP treated a guy who weighed 500 plus pounds and they never could get a clear look at the tumor because the ultrasound couldn't get through all the fat and then you aren't sure how much to dose for that person. And this guy said "yeah, I suppose I could lose 100 pounds". More like 300. They are starting to make tables bigger etc but the ability to get magnets to attract through that much mass etc is really hard and some times impossible.

As for the breast feeding comment--the yahoo article alluded to it. I would love it if somebody proved me wrong because I think that is so whacko.

Sarah P specifically poked fun at Michelle on her Alaska show--she was making smores and said "This one is for Michelle who said we should never have dessert". Which Michelle did not say . And--Sarah Palin is a serious runner. LIke lots of miles. If you are as active as she is, you could probably have lots of smores!

♥ms.pacman♥
02-23-2011, 01:28 AM
I imagine a lot of late 40s moms of two would love to look like Michelle Obama. I for one could use her arms for sure and I am only 30.

She is tall and not a waif, seems to have a pretty muscular build. I can't imagine anyone calling her fat.

Oh wait, I can imagine someone calling her fat.

That someone would be the same person who once likened a 12 year old girl's portrait to a dog on national television...

That person is of course Rush Limbaugh. He's more than proven himself a total jerk when it comes to women and their size and appearance.

so true, so well said.

i'll never forget when on his show he called Chelsea Clinton "the First Dog". making fun of a preteen girl on national television for being "ugly"..i mean, who DOES that??

I hate RL too. He is nothing but a blow hole. And I'm not a huge fan of Palin either. But is it really true she was picking on Michelle Obama for breastfeeding? This really confuses me since Palin is a big supporter of breastfeeding. She was even breastfeeding her littlest one in the Governor's mansion in Alaska!

yeah, this what confused me too initially. but it seems like Palin and others (Bachmann etc) mostly took issue with Michele Obama promoting the idea of moms getting tax breaks on purchase of breastpumps, not breastfeeding itself. like citymama said they kept saying it was an underhanded way for government to implement a nanny state etc. there was a recent thread on it here (http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=389790&highlight=irs+flexible)

gatorsmom
02-23-2011, 01:43 AM
Lisa:

One, I kid you not--every hospital in every city with a zoo has some sort of system worked out to get patients there if needed--because the xray tables and machines only go up to 300 some odd pounds. So when you weigh 400-500 pounds, you have to go to the zoo. My friend, who is an oncology NP treated a guy who weighed 500 plus pounds and they never could get a clear look at the tumor because the ultrasound couldn't get through all the fat and then you aren't sure how much to dose for that person. And this guy said "yeah, I suppose I could lose 100 pounds". More like 300. They are starting to make tables bigger etc but the ability to get magnets to attract through that much mass etc is really hard and some times impossible.

As for the breast feeding comment--the yahoo article alluded to it. I would love it if somebody proved me wrong because I think that is so whacko.

Sarah P specifically poked fun at Michelle on her Alaska show--she was making smores and said "This one is for Michelle who said we should never have dessert". Which Michelle did not say . And--Sarah Palin is a serious runner. LIke lots of miles. If you are as active as she is, you could probably have lots of smores!

Wow. It has to be a huge hit to your ego when you have to have your MRI done at the zoo. That is not something I'd admit to many people. I can't wait to see if Sarah Palin tries to run for office. She has stuck her foot in her mouth so many times it's not funny. I don't think she realizes it half the time.

Fairy
02-23-2011, 01:47 AM

You are so much kinder than I am. Cuz I think Rush Limbaugh is what Al Franken said he was in his first book ...

ETA --> In fairness to Rush (did I just say that?), I do concede that this is not exclusive to Rush. It's definitely a conservative team effort from what I understand.

AnnieW625
02-23-2011, 02:06 AM

That's what I thought too. I think the conservatives are trying to stir the pot and are saying things that aren't necessarily true and saying that Palin said those things to keep her name in the spotlight.

I used to get a newsletter called Flush Rush in the mid 90s so that's still how I feel about him.

MamaMolly
02-23-2011, 02:28 AM
Rush Who? Cause I'm just hearing hot air over here. ;)

Michelle has a fab-o physique. I'm in my ate 30s and wouldn't mind her bod. Or clothes!

gatorsmom
02-23-2011, 02:50 AM
[/B]

yeah, this what confused me too initially. but it seems like Palin and others (Bachmann etc) mostly took issue with Michele Obama promoting the idea of moms getting tax breaks on purchase of breastpumps, not breastfeeding itself. like citymama said they kept saying it was an underhanded way for government to implement a nanny state etc. there was a recent thread on it here (http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=389790&highlight=irs+flexible)

I hadn't seen this. What I think is interesting about politics is that both sides use the same patheticaly transparent tactics to dirty the other side and bring their faces to the public eye. And each side is just as shocked when the other side does it. :rotflmao: This was just Bachmann's way of getting a little attention. She'll be the first to claim her breast pump on her FSA if she got pregnant again. :rolleye0014: I dont' think she or Palin are any different or more shocking than any other politicians.

kijip
02-23-2011, 05:37 AM
i'll never forget when on his show he called Chelsea Clinton "the First Dog". making fun of a preteen girl on national television for being "ugly"..i mean, who DOES that??

Someone with a bad sense of humor, a mean streak and the moral fiber of someone who pinches babies for fun.

Rush is totally beyond the facts, I have zero respect for him and I have a hard time understanding the people who find him funny. As in, it is like we are speaking a different language when we open our mouths. I just don't get how anyone could be that mean and polarized. It's not the attacks on political grounds that bother me, it's more of the let's make fun of someone's awkward preteen daughter because we don't like who is president. Ftr, I would not like him anymore if he were on my side of the political landscape.

KpbS
02-23-2011, 06:50 AM
Rush Who? Cause I'm just hearing hot air over here. ;)

Michelle has a fab-o physique. I'm in my ate 30s and wouldn't mind her bod. Or clothes!

Can't stand him or his shock political ways.

maestramommy
02-23-2011, 08:09 AM
Isn't Michelle Obama tall? and SKINNY?"

Rush needs to take a look in his own mirror. Idiot.

MelissaTC
02-23-2011, 09:03 AM
I heard this yesterday on the news and couldn't believe it. Maybe he needs some glasses because Mrs. O looks fantabulous!!! What I wouldn't give for those arms! He is such an ignorant ass.

kristac
02-23-2011, 09:09 AM
I don't understand why anyone is still listening to anything that man has to say.

Eta- that goes for Sarah Palin as well. Seriously there needs to be a quota for how many stupid things a person can say and still be a public figure. Sometimes I think these people are still around only as SNL fodder.

liamsmom
02-23-2011, 10:29 AM
I'm amazed he's still amazed he's still around. I thought he'd have his 15 minutes and die of a heart attack.

But in the article I read--and I apologize because now I can't find it--he was seriously misleading about what Michelle ate. He insinuated it was a rack of BBQ spare ribs, whereas it was a pickled pumpkin salad with braised short ribs and...(something something)...hominy and kale. Sorry, I'm not a foodie, but it was most definitely not an 1100 calorie meal.

The First Lady's campaign is no different than other causes championed by other First Lady's, but it will slammed and shamed by a "select" few only because they lack the...maturity to concede that anything good might come out of this administration.

ETA: Here's the link:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2011/02/rush-limbaugh-attacks-michelle-obamas-diet/1

carolinamama
02-23-2011, 10:32 AM

Another :yeahthat:

Admittedly, I have nary a fond feeling toward Rush anyway.

fortato
02-23-2011, 10:40 AM
He's an ass and an attention whore. That's all there is to it.

I would love to look like Michelle Obama, and think she looks healthy... He needs to take a look in the mirror.

Fairy
02-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Isn't Michelle Obama tall? and SKINNY?"

Rush needs to take a look in his own mirror. Idiot.

Tall, yes, but I think that (and it's a good thing) that she's not skinny, like unrealistic Hollywood magazine cover movie star skinny, so much as she's HEALTHY. She's NORMAL. She's what people really look like when they're healthy. She's also tall and possibly bigger boned, so will not ever look like a waif. I don't get how he attacking her in this way helps anyone, as even if it's a "talking point" kind of strategy, weight is an equal opportunity player, and lots of Republicans look just like her! Yay for them, I might add! Meh.