PDA

View Full Version : What was your first Stroller?

blue
02-23-2011, 01:20 AM
So what was your first stroller ever and what did you like about it?

I am feeling all sentimental today, I gave my ds's first stroller away today :crying: My SO has been saying he needs the stroller out of his trunk and its taking up to much room (which is true). I finally caved today, and donated it to a local womens domestic abuse shelter. I'm glad its going to someone that can use it, and we still have 2 other stollers that fit our needs better, but I'm still feeling all sappy about it.

Any one want to reminisce with me, and talk about your first stroller?

I'll go first ;). The first stroller I bought was the Evenflo Journey Stroller-in Perry Plaid fabric. I loved the pattern of the fabric and picked it because thought the plaid would go well with my ds's name (which it does). The stroller had a nice big basket and snack tray that ds liked hang on to during our walks and eat off of during breaks swimming at the kiddy pool in the summer.

That is all the nice things I have to say about the stroller (I wont go into the negatives because this is a happy, sappy, reminiscent post :))

MamaBear
02-23-2011, 01:25 AM
My Cameleon. Still have it, and although I've now got three other strollers as well, it's still my workhorse. Love *everything* about it, and if I had to go back to just one stroller, it would be the Cam.

Neatfreak
02-23-2011, 01:39 AM
A Zooper Sport. I loved the air tires, the full recline, and the nifty accessories that came with it, most notably the sun shield.

Momto1
02-23-2011, 01:54 AM
A Chicco Cortina that we used as our one-and-only for the whole first year of DD's life. We even took two plane trips with it. I never really loved it, but I also never really hated it. It was just ok to me, nothing special. I didn't like the fact that it took up my whole trunk so I ended up selling it on CL and getting a Si instead.

Now that I have a BOB I'm totally regretting the fact that I didn't do more research before DD was born - I wish I had gotten a BJCM or something more versatile for our early days stroller.

Beth24
02-23-2011, 02:33 AM
A Peg Perego Milano in blue dot fabric I got in late 1997. It was a beast to push but was reversible and converted into a bassinet. It went through 3 kids and was still in good shape when I passed it along to a neighbor. Fast forward 13 years...I have a Vista for our baby. Boy how things have changed!

ckelly
02-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Bumbleride indie which is still being much loved and used...

roseyloxs
02-23-2011, 10:02 AM
Baby Trend travel system in Galaxy. Was the one and only until I started searching for a double and my obsession/addiction/hobby began. I did a ton of research but was one of those moms that didn't understand why a stroller had to cost more then a hundred dollars. I was in Oklahoma while pregnant so I had no opportunities to see any in person. I actually loved my first stroller as well. It was a bulky mess while folded but had a lot of great features like a 'follow the sun' canopy.

http://www.babytrend.com/images/m1981CT.jpg

Melaine
02-23-2011, 10:03 AM
Graco Duoglider and I didn't like a single thing about it that I can remember. I couldn't have been less sentimental about it and sold it pretty quickly.

artvandalay
02-23-2011, 10:10 AM
It was a Graco, part of the travel system. It's at my parents' house now, they use it.

It had lots of nice features (sturdy, kids always sat really upright, big basket, good canopy, snack tray) as well as things I didn't like about it but I totally understand OP about being sentimental about giving it away.

It was your child's first stroller and you had lots of nice memories with it :). I imagine I'll be a little sad when my parents no longer need it and give it away...

blondflava
02-23-2011, 10:10 AM
My first was an Easywalker Sky... Got it off Mamabargains about 2 years ago, I was about 5 months pregnant but they had those deals, got a carrycot for it too (the whole set cost less than 300!). I really loved the push on it (best I think I've had) and still kind of wish I haven't sold it (wanted to try other strollers and it wasn't the best choice for us then). I felt like an alien strolling my DD in the bassinet stroller around the travel system land!

roseyloxs
02-23-2011, 10:14 AM
My first was an Easywalker Sky... Got it off Mamabargains about 2 years ago, I was about 5 months pregnant but they had those deals, got a carrycot for it too (the whole set cost less than 300!). I really loved the push on it (best I think I've had) and still kind of wish I haven't sold it (wanted to try other strollers and it wasn't the best choice for us then). I felt like an alien strolling my DD in the bassinet stroller around the travel system land!

ooh. Sounds like you never owned them at the same time but how would you say the indie compares to the sky?

arivecchi
02-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Valco Trimode in black harlequin with bassinet. I loved that stroller to pieces. It was tough, stylish and had a great push. It looked fab with the bassinet when DS1 was a babe.

veronica
02-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Inglesina Zippy.

It was the one thing, after reading the entire baby bargains book, that still had me stumped. Finding the perfect first stroller was the reason I joined the board!!

We still have it.

I loved one button fold. In 2005, that was really rare. It was fantastic.

carolinamama
02-23-2011, 11:05 AM
Peg Perego P3. Still have it although it doesn't really get any use anymore. I just can't seem to part with it and it's in pretty good shape for an almost 6 yo stroller.

Multimama
02-23-2011, 11:54 AM
Quinny Zapp. What did I like about it? That it folds compactly enough to fit in the overhead bin on a plane.

Annyeb
02-23-2011, 12:04 PM
When I was pregnant with my first back in 2000, travel systems were a newer thing and I assumed I'd want one. Bought an Evenflo one out if the JCPenney catalog, set it up and hated it! It was huge! Started researching online and came across Combi which was one of the first if the not first brand to accept infant car seats bought separately. Bought that along with another Evenflo seat separately and it worked well until I decided I wanted something different. ;)

mackmama
02-23-2011, 12:28 PM
Bugaboo Bee + but I haven't even used it yet!
I've only been using Terry so far :love5:

wencit
02-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Peg Perego P3. Still have it although it doesn't really get any use anymore. I just can't seem to part with it and it's in pretty good shape for an almost 6 yo stroller.:yeahthat: except I use it occasionally as a travel stroller since it's much lighter than my P&T Sport!

Back in 2005 when I was researching strollers, there weren't nearly as many options as there are now! I really wish I had an excuse to buy a new stroller, because man, there are some great options available nowadays. It kind of makes me wonder what strollers are going to be like when our kiddos start having babies themselves....self-propelled, maybe? ;)

Mommaof3
02-23-2011, 12:57 PM
I researched like crazy back in 2000 when I was pregnant with my 1st and got a peg perego pliko.It was great at the time and the step on the back was awesome when my 2nd came along. I still have it but it looks its age...Can't part with it yet.

poohbear
02-23-2011, 01:15 PM
A Chicco Cortina that we used as our one-and-only for the whole first year of DD's life. We even took two plane trips with it. I never really loved it, but I also never really hated it. It was just ok to me, nothing special. I didn't like the fact that it took up my whole trunk so I ended up selling it on CL and getting a Si instead.

Now that I have a BOB I'm totally regretting the fact that I didn't do more research before DD was born - I wish I had gotten a BJCM or something more versatile for our early days stroller.

:yeahthat: (except for the selling part becasue I haven't done that yet) But now I have a BOB and a BJCM...

AnnieW625
02-23-2011, 01:30 PM
A 2002 Peg Perego Pliko Matic in navy check pattern. I used it on a regular basis until DD1 was 3 mos. old. I didn't really like the fold on it and the prior owner hadn't oiled it properly. The stroller had a great push though. Replaced it with the Maclaren Triumph.

mariza
02-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Peg Perego P3 bought on eBay for $180-ish upon the recommendation of SQ and others on this board. It was a very cool looking light yellow and black and DH loved it too. It was DHs favorite, I was very sad the day I sold it which I did to earn money to buy a P&T which was then replaced by a Bob Duallie. I totally wish I still had the P3 for our upcoming Disney trip :(

AshleyAnn
02-23-2011, 01:34 PM
A Graco Mosaic I bought used at a cosignment store. I loved the curved frame and how small it was compared to most travel system strollers. Only thing I didn't love about it was I bought it before I found out DD's gender and its blue/dark silver. For my city it was a wonderful stroller. Its in storage and not going anywhere anytime soon.

crl
02-23-2011, 02:07 PM
We bought two strollers for ds. I'm pretty sure the Silver Cross Mini umbrella was first and then the Bob SU. We planned to do an umbrella and jogger to begin with so I am a little fuzzy on which actually came first.

I still have the SC Mini; it is on long term loan to a neighbor. It is a great stroller! Virtually no recline though so I got an umbrella with full recline to use with dd until she is older, maybe 18 months? And then I'm taking my SC mini back and selling the current umbrella.

I sold the BOB when we were getting ready for dd. I was surprised that it actually made me teary to sell it. Ds would only go to sleep for naps in motion, plus we walked everywhere, so I had logged over 5,000 miles with ds in that stroller. If we didn't have storage issues I would have kept it.

Catherine

edurnemk
02-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Graco Duoglider and I didn't like a single thing about it that I can remember. I couldn't have been less sentimental about it and sold it pretty quickly.

I feel the same way about the Graco Quattro. If I have to say one positive thing, then I'll concede it was easy to fold (but a pain to put into our sedan trunk).

Our second stroller is a different story and I'm sure I'll cry many tears the day we sell it or give it away. I :heartbeat: everything about my Vista.

blondflava
02-23-2011, 03:23 PM
I feel the same way about the Graco Quattro. If I have to say one positive thing, then I'll concede it was easy to fold (but a pain to put into our sedan trunk).

Our second stroller is a different story and I'm sure I'll cry many tears the day we sell it or give it away. I :heartbeat: everything about my Vista.

This is funny but I remember looking at the stroller videos on youtube when thinking about which stroller to purchase for DD (way before BBB LOL) and LOVED the Quattro. Boy would I be in for a surprise if I actually went ahead and purchased it! :rotflmao:

edurnemk
02-23-2011, 03:35 PM
This is funny but I remember looking at the stroller videos on youtube when thinking about which stroller to purchase for DD (way before BBB LOL) and LOVED the Quattro. Boy would I be in for a surprise if I actually went ahead and purchased it! :rotflmao:

Well I loved it to when I saw it at BRU and read reviews. Of course I didn't know of the BBB and the many other stroller brands out there. After only a month of using it I HATED it and started researching better strollers. The Quattro is heavy, bulky, low quality and very hard to steer.

blue
02-23-2011, 04:00 PM
It was your child's first stroller and you had lots of nice memories with it :). I imagine I'll be a little sad when my parents no longer need it and give it away...

:yeahthat: I was mostly sappy last night when I started the thread because of the memories and it being DS first stroller. The funny part is I never thought I'd be the type to get all mushy over something like a first stroller. I guess you just never know.

To complete my good bye to the first stroller I'll list somethings I didn't like about it. The evenflo stroller had a bulky fold and was a PITA to get in and out of my 2 door car with ds in my arms. Once DS was about 11 months, the stroller was much more difficult to push with him on walks outside. (I could go on, but won't)

To end on a positive not: I found this board while researching for a replacement stroller for the evenflo (during my lurking year on the board). So with out that stoller, who knows when or if I would have found this site.

Mermanaid
02-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Ahhh, memories. It was a Peg Atlantico and I still have it up in the attic. :) I loved that thing. Moved on to a Mac Volo and now use a BJCM (on rare occassions).

Kaylee31
02-24-2011, 01:45 AM
The Graco Quattro was my only stroller until DS was 6 months old. Then I put it in my parent's basement and haven't used it since. Can't say I miss it. It did have some nice features though: soft velour-ish fabric and pretty colors, easy fold, humongous basket, parent & child trays, and a follow-the-sun canopy. But it was clumsy, heavy, and got stuck going over bumps in the sidewalk. It definitely had to go. And in my research for a new stroller, I found BBB and my stroller obsession began! :D

WatchingThemGrow
02-24-2011, 07:33 AM
My Cameleon. Still have it, and although I've now got three other strollers as well, it's still my workhorse. Love *everything* about it, and if I had to go back to just one stroller, it would be the Cam.
Same here! It really handles so well and is such fun to use. Maybe the boys and I will use it for an errand this morning with the board attached.

HonoluluMom
02-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Chicco Cortina, which I still have but rarely use. Love the huge basket. Loved being able to look at DD when using the car seat.

liamsmom
02-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Technically, it was a SnG. But my first real stroller was the BJCC. I still really like it and I'm not ready to give it up yet. Maybe after this summer I'll be interested in checking out a different AT.

Armywife1stDr2nd
02-24-2011, 01:38 PM
I'm ashamed to say it now but my first stroller was a Eddie Bauer Travel System. I never used it! It was too heavy to get down my walk up apartment building. I liked that it looked very comfy and stylish (to me at the time).

I consider my BJCM to be my true "first stroller" and I think I would feel pretty bad about moving on from it one day.