PDA

View Full Version : We got our first choice!

cvanbrunt
02-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Hooray! We got the magnet school we wanted. DD#1 starts kindergarten in the fall and will be going to a K-8 International Baccalaureate school. Her best friend started there last year and 4 other kids in the 'hood got in too! This means that her little sister automatically gets to go. What a weight off the shoulders. We live downtown and are in a terrible school district but this school is one of the best in the state. Several townships have modeled their own programs after this school. Yay! I get stay in my fantastic neighborhood without feeling guilty about school. Just had to share.

carolinamama
02-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Congratulations! :boogie:

I completely understand your excitement. We have applied to several different magnet programs and 1 charter school, with one of the magnet schools our top choice. I feel like I'm waiting for college acceptance letters!

WatchingThemGrow
02-23-2011, 10:34 AM
:yay: Great news! I'm hoping the same outcome for some other families I know who have great neighborhoods and houses but fear for their school situations. So glad to hear your excitement!

jess_g
02-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Congratulations! That is great news!!!

I remember how excited I was when my dd got into the charter school for 4th grade. It was very exciting and I felt like we had won the lottery.

Jessica.

AnnieW625
02-23-2011, 12:48 PM
YAY:boogie:

Isn't that the best feeling? We are pretty sure that DD1 is going to get into the Catholic school that we really like (going to open house really made a difference because the principal recognized me at the parent meeting yesterday, and thought I had been a parishioner for a while and we just joined in January!) so a huge amount of stress has been lifted off my back. If it turns out it doesn't work then we have to wait until June to find out if we got into any other public schools, including our top choice charter.

sste
02-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Wonderful news!!! Congrats!

o_mom
Oh, that's great news! What a load off your mind. It's good to hear about the success stories in your district. :)

crl
HOORAY!!!!! :cheerleader1::bighand::bouncy::applause::D:yay:

Catherine

MommyofAmaya
02-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Yay. Congrats. What a relief! I hope I will be posting the same thing at the end of March. Anything in our top 5 will be a relief to me.

:bighand:

KpbS
02-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Congratulations! That's great!

Corie
02-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Congratulations!!! :)

I think I would pour myself a drink after getting that news!!!

hoosiermama
02-23-2011, 03:36 PM
We will be doing the same thing...trying for the private school you guys got into or another...in one or two years, depending on whether we try for preschool or kindy. Any thoughts on Indiana and private school vouchers?

cvanbrunt
02-23-2011, 10:01 PM
We will be doing the same thing...trying for the private school you guys got into or another...in one or two years, depending on whether we try for preschool or kindy. Any thoughts on Indiana and private school vouchers?

Well, I'm opposed to vouchers. I've been in and out Indy for much of the last 30 years so if you are new and want to PM me about area schools, I'd be happy to share my thoughts.