PDA

View Full Version : Where do you keep your strollers?

mackmama
02-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Just for fun... Where do you keep your everyday strollers? Do you bring them into the house? Do you keep them in the garage? Are they folded/unfolded? Do you cover them? Just curious what others do.

Beth24
02-23-2011, 12:30 PM
My Vista lives unfolded in our very clean and dry garage and my Si is folded in my car.

wencit
02-23-2011, 12:35 PM
My P&T Sport, which was my workhorse stroller for a while, is still sitting folded in the trunk of my minivan. I would always keep my strollers in the trunk of my car so I only had to lug them in and out when I needed to. The Peg Perego P3, which is our travel stroller, lives in the trunk of my husband's car.

vludmilla
02-23-2011, 12:37 PM
When we were using it we kept it in the trunk. It is now in the garage because we never use it anymore.

roseyloxs
02-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Depends on the season. In the summer I kick my husband's car out of the garage and all of the strollers sit open so any one can be used on a moments notice.

In winter: The BJ switchback (bike trailer/jogger) gets folded up since its used sparingly in the rainy season. The indie twin stays open because I still use it almost daily and tucks between the cars. The Bee and Topaz take turns in the crv. Whichever is not being used is usually folded and hanging on the wall.

Bootsie
02-23-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm struggling with this now. We have a small room off the back door and I think our first stroller will live there. I'm already thinking I need to get a soft rug and protective tarp for it (it will be so hard for me to break my first stroller in and watch it show wear!).

One mom I know has this great sunporch and her strollers live on it. I wish I had something like that.

AshleyAnn
02-23-2011, 01:31 PM
I live in a suburb where you drive everywhere so I keep my umbrella stroller folded in the back of my SUV. My larger travel system stroller is stored in my storage unit across town, unfolded and uncovered.

arivecchi
02-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Three are open in the garage and two are in our basement.

AnnieW625
02-23-2011, 01:37 PM
Our Bob is open in our covered patio, the Techno is folded up in the patio, but needs to go in DH's trunk or the garage. The Vista is in my trunk. The Triumph is at my parent's house in their garage.

MamaBear
02-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Usually, the Bee+ is in the car, and either the Mutsy or the Cam are in the vestibule (mudroom-ish) and the other is in the guest suite. The Chariot is locked up with the bikes.

Neelloc
02-23-2011, 01:56 PM
The MBUS lives in my garage. It gets placed folded on a riser so it doesn't get dirty. The BJCM lives in my minivan trunk. The Mac daytripper either lives also in my mini-van trunk or hangs in my garage.

blondflava
02-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Indie lives folded in our hallway and BJCM and Fizz stay in the trunk.. I liked having a Cameleon because I could leave it unfolded when I put the seat upright and flipped the handle, took very little room that way. No way Indie can so I have to carry it down a flight of stairs and unfold (rinse and repeat ;)) every time I go for a walk... Wish I could just roll it out!

MamaBear
02-23-2011, 03:30 PM
I liked having a Cameleon because I could leave it unfolded when I put the seat upright and flipped the handle, took very little room that way.

I LOVE that about my Cam! Great in a restaurant, or small elevator, etc.

MontrealMum
02-23-2011, 03:33 PM
The BOB and the Mac are in the stairwell, sometimes hanging up , sometimes propped up against the stairs. Occasionally, the Mac will spend some time in the back of one of the cars. The Chariot is either in the basement or the box on the car.

ETA: they're all folded, unless they're wet and need to dry out first after use.

edurnemk
02-23-2011, 03:44 PM
The Chicco Liteway lives folded up in my trunk.
The Vista is folded up inside the entryway closet (it's a big closet).

When we lived in Chicago, and the Vista was my primary vehicle and we used it several times a day, it lived unfolded by the front door. With the diaper bag permanently hanging from the handles. And the Liteway was folded up inside a closet (we only used it for travel).

lhafer
02-23-2011, 03:49 PM
BJCM folded, in the back of my minivan
Triumph folded, next to the BJCM
Volo folded, in my garage
BJCC unfolded in my house - there is a specific spot where it lives in my living room

star04
02-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Triumph, folded in one of our cars
Bob, unfolded in the garage
BJCM & Mac ET folded hanging on garage wall

theriviera
02-23-2011, 04:03 PM
BOB Revolution: Unfolded in garage (we park in the driveway)
BJCM: folded, in back of car
Frog: In our storage room, folded. This hasn't been used in almost a year. I got it for a screaming deal on CL and hoping to use with the bassinet when DD2 joins us in May

blue
02-23-2011, 04:07 PM
BJCMicro and Cybex Onyx are currently folded and in the trunk of my car.

My SO used to keep the Evenflo stroller in his car, put we recently gave it away. We don't have a garage or really much storage space, so that's why the strollers live in the car. I will probably move the Cybex into SO car now that he room. That way I'll actually be able to put groceries in trunk again :p.

MrsMcGwire
02-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Our BJCMD is in the back of the Explorer and the BJ Summit is open and in the garage between the cars. Our single strollers are folded and hung on the wall.

scriptkitten
02-23-2011, 10:18 PM
BOB, currently next to front door

P&T, currently folding in living room closet

rin
02-23-2011, 10:26 PM
Techno: open in the garage
Quest: folded in the trunk of our family car

sweetsue98
02-23-2011, 11:19 PM
The BOB stays folded in the garage and the flite is folded in the house. DH thought the flite was going to crack because of how cold it has been the last couple of weeks so he brought it in the house.

mmommy
02-24-2011, 09:30 AM
Techno in the lobby unfolded and ready to go (and for all the neighbors to trip on in their way in and out of the building), Quest folded and shoved next to the door, ready for the next subway trip.

HonoluluMom
02-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Peg Si folded in my car trunk.

Baby Jogger open in the garage.

Cortina folded up in garage.

WatchingThemGrow
02-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Normally, BJCED and Triumph in my van. BJCMD and Bugaboo in DH's trunk. Extra Triumph is in the laundry room, probably could move to the shed or attic. Burley D'Lite - shed, folded up. BJ Q Series Triple - under a tarp in our yard.

meggswife
02-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Al is folded up in the trunk of the car (gasp! poor Al!)

Bob is currently in his box, (horrors!), next to the baby's bed.

Miss Queen B is unfolded and hanging out in the master bedroom (such a prima donna she is!) :)

Oh, and MBUD is still packed in his box in our storage building. He's hoping some kind CL soul will rescue him. Poor MBUD!

Multimama
02-24-2011, 07:00 PM
I keep them all over the house. When I am trying to hide them from DH I keep them in my office closet. :)

crl
02-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Indie, ready to go in front hallway. Onyx, currently in car, sometimes stored in pantry.

Swift, folded in living room waiting for someone to buy it. Silver Cross Mini umbrella, on long term loan to a neighbor

Catherine