PDA

View Full Version : Desperate for a Chili Recipe! Can I use yours?

ha98ed14
02-23-2011, 01:29 PM
:praying:

I been hooked into prepping for a "Chili Cookoff!" and I am determined to... not suck! (I'm NOT a good cook!) Looking for something yummy (and idiot-proof!) TIA for any replies!

MMMommy
02-24-2011, 01:45 AM
I also posted same in the Lounge.

DH and I love extra spicy foods, so this recipe is spicy because of the can of chipotles in adobo sauce and cayenne pepper. You don't need to add the chipotles and cayenne, but I think they add a delicious, spicy kick. This is my favorite chili recipe, modified and tweaked over time to create our favorite chili.

Spicy Black Bean and Beef Chili

2 tablespoons light olive oil
2 pounds ground beef
1 large onion (chopped)
4 cloves garlic (chopped)
4 cups beef stock
1 cup water
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
4 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp seasoned salt
Cayenne pepper (add to your own spicy/heat level)
3 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 small can of chipotles in Adobo Sauce (chopped)
salt and pepper to taste

1. Brown ground beef. Drain fat. Set ground beef aside.

2. Heat oil in pan. Add garlic and onion. Saute until softened. Add ground beef and remaining ingredients, except beans. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.

3. Add black beans and simmer.

weech
02-24-2011, 09:51 AM
I use a slightly modified version of the recipe on the McCormick chili seasoning packet and I literally have people begging me for the recipe and treating me like some sort of goddess. It's a little silly because it's the easiest thing I make (I guess my real cooking isn't on par with McCormick! haha). Check it out - it's delish.