PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide: new stroller or use what I got!

sail731
02-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Quick back ground: I have 1 DD age 3.5 aprox. 37" and 32#. Still sits in a stroller pretty good.

Going on a cruise in 6 weeks and possibly another vacation later in the summer. Also, thinking about WDW in the next year or 2.

Looking to possibly buy a new umbrella stroller to use for vacations. Already own 1 umbrella stroller, 2 full size strollers, 1 jogging stroller, and 1 bike cart. (all for 1 DD!!!!)

Here is what we have and what I'm thinking about. Open to other suggestions as well, though don't want to spend a ton of money.

Options:

1. Have Combi umbrella stroller - works okay though foot plate is rather high and DD's knees bump into stroller bar. She also often drops feet off of rest and has feet dragging on floor and/or wheels.

2. Local CL has a Quest posted for $75. Price has already been dropped, so I don't think they will go much lower. Have already posted a wanted response on CL also.

3. Buy a Volo off e-bay for $60. Have tried bidding on others though price often goes above what I can get a new Volo for.

What should I do? Make do with what I have or invest on yet another stroller in hopes of getting some kind of return in the end?

Mommaof3
02-23-2011, 02:28 PM
I would get a volo with an older child. My SIL bought one for her petite 4 y.o for Disney and loved it!

blondflava
02-23-2011, 03:03 PM
I also vote Volo. If you downsize, you'll get your money back! Unless you plan on having another LO, then I'll keep the strollers. Does she ride a scooter or such? I'd try to get her to ride a scooter or walk more and work towards getting rid of strollers, too ;)

sail731
02-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Walking is not an issue. She does very good out in public. I am mainly thinking for the times (2-3x/year) that we are going to very busy places, foreign countries, traveling in airports under a time crunch, etc.

blondflava
02-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Oh yeas, can you imagine a 3 year old on a scooter at an airport? :ROTFLMAO: Yes, you're right.. I'm not really in my right mind today...

sail731
02-24-2011, 05:06 PM
:hysterical:I think security might have some issues with a scooter coming through!