PDA

View Full Version : does your DD have a vera bag?

calv
02-23-2011, 03:15 PM
thinking of getting one for DD and putting it in the Easter basket? if your DD has one or more? which ones?

KHF
02-23-2011, 04:25 PM
A couple of years ago, when they were discontinuing the style, I got DD a Bitty Betsy. She uses it mostly as a play purse.

WatchingThemGrow
02-23-2011, 04:33 PM
My mom sent DD and I matching ones for Christmas. Same pattern (magenta/purple/pink) but different styles. The boys got matching flashlights. We are using them for spring, although I do prefer my LeSportsac because it is more efficient. DD loves that we have them and proudly carries it to "events" like her soon-to-be baby cousin's shower this weekend.

Hers is Caitlyn in very berry paisley http://www.verabradley.com/product/Category/Handbags/Caitlyn/1001116/defaultColor/Very+Berry+Paisley/pc/638/c/0/sc/641/p/1001116.uts
Mine may be the mini hipster in very berry paisley (not pictured, but here) http://www.verabradley.com/product/Category/Handbags/Mini-Hipster/154799/defaultColor/Baroque/pc/638/c/0/sc/641/p/154799.uts

Jo..
02-23-2011, 05:37 PM
No.

DD, who is very girly would likely love one.

But I think they are butt-ugly.

calv
02-23-2011, 06:19 PM
No.

really? this one is butt ugly too? in the loves me pattern ;) http://www.verabradley.com/catalog/search.cmd?form_state=searchForm&keyword=olivia&x=19&y=4

or this one in the make me blush? http://www.verabradley.com/product/Sale/All-Sale/Tippy-Tie/1000975/defaultColor/Simply+Violet/pc/785/c/0/sc/729/p/1000975.uts

deborah_r
02-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Sorry, boy mom here, chiming in. Are these for kids? I'm confused - is this for play/dress-up? Just curious.

calv
02-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Sorry, boy mom here, chiming in. Are these for kids? I'm confused - is this for play/dress-up? Just curious.

they're for teens/adults. but i know lots of HS and college gals who use vera

Jo..
02-23-2011, 10:09 PM
really? this one is butt ugly too? in the loves me pattern ;) http://www.verabradley.com/catalog/search.cmd?form_state=searchForm&keyword=olivia&x=19&y=4

or this one in the make me blush? http://www.verabradley.com/product/Sale/All-Sale/Tippy-Tie/1000975/defaultColor/Simply+Violet/pc/785/c/0/sc/729/p/1000975.uts

Okay, those are cute. :D

Corie
02-23-2011, 10:20 PM
My daughter has several VB purses.

She also has a VB messenger bag that she uses as
her school bag.

I got great deals on all her VB stuff. I buy the patterns and
styles that are being discontinued. Our local store has special
discount days. I wait and wait until the discount gets bigger
and I hope the purses/bags that I want are still there!! :)

I got everything at 40% off plus an additional 10% off the total
prices. Not bad!

hwin708
02-23-2011, 11:02 PM
No.

Agreed. To each their own, but honestly, they look like something my grandmother would carry.

gatorsmom
02-23-2011, 11:41 PM
Agreed. To each their own, but honestly, they look like something my grandmother would carry.

I agree. They have always looked "old" to me and I never could understand the draw. Or the price tag.

Nooknookmom
02-23-2011, 11:45 PM
Ditto. They also seem to be a regional thing. I saw them all over the South, yet I haven't seen one, outside of TJMaxx, in California.

Melaine
02-23-2011, 11:50 PM
I think my kids would love one in their easter basket, especially if it matched mine.

ellies mom
02-24-2011, 12:42 AM
I think my kids would love one in their easter basket, especially if it matched mine.

My girls would love them too, especially my youngest. Although, I would use them as the Easter Basket instead of putting them into the Easter basket.

brgnmom
02-24-2011, 01:42 AM
DD is still just an infant, but I would get her a vera bag if she wanted one years down the road. I think the frill design is cute, but does anyone know if the material is pvc-free? I asked a vera sales manager that question & found it a little concerning that she didn't know the answer.

calv
02-24-2011, 09:02 AM
DD is still just an infant, but I would get her a vera bag if she wanted one years down the road. I think the frill design is cute, but does anyone know if the material is pvc-free? I asked a vera sales manager that question & found it a little concerning that she didn't know the answer.

great ? I wonder the same about the frill line. I wonder if we call Vera they may tell us.

DD like this one but in a different pattern: http://www.verabradley.com/product/Sale/All-Sale/Cha-Cha-Handbag/1000981/defaultColor/Simply+Violet/pc/785/c/0/sc/729/p/1000981.uts

Corie
02-24-2011, 09:15 AM
My 9 year old DD wants this one.

http://www.verabradley.com/product/Category/Handbags/Lizzy/1001150/defaultColor/Night+and+Day/pc/638/c/0/sc/641/p/1001150.uts

She has one very similiar to this but it is very small and
it can't hold her wallet. It is the VB Little Hip Bag.

http://www.verabradley.com/product/Category/Accessories/Little-Hip-Bag/1001030/defaultColor/Buttercup/pc/638/c/0/sc/645/p/1001030.uts

Melaine
02-24-2011, 09:17 AM
My girls would love them too, especially my youngest. Although, I would use them as the Easter Basket instead of putting them into the Easter basket.

Oooooh what a cute idea!

TwinFoxes
02-24-2011, 09:23 AM
I agree. They have always looked "old" to me and I never could understand the draw. Or the price tag.

Ditto. They also seem to be a regional thing. I saw them all over the South, yet I haven't seen one, outside of TJMaxx, in California.

:yeahthat: to both. I had never even heard of them when I lived in California, and until I started coming to the BBB. But there are several Vera Bradley stores here in Virginia.

Seitvonzu
02-24-2011, 09:32 AM
i had a vera diaper bag...two of my girl friends bought me the pinkest one you've ever seen. since i'd bought my utilitarian diaper bag at target (for 7.48 i think, CLEARANCE!!!), it was fun to have something super girly to use.

it got pretty beat up after nearly 2.5 years of use. :)

i got a more "tote" like style this christmas from my brother & SIL. since we are post diaper bag it works well for carrying a few extra things, my wallet, brush etc. basically- it holds alot :)

i never thought about the "matching" aspect. but my kiddo is wayway into that. :)

Melbel
02-24-2011, 09:38 AM
DD1 (age 9) has several VB items including a backpack for school, totes used as a dance bag, a purse and a wristlet. I have only purchased when I find screaming deals (at least 60% off) on discontinued patterns. Her favorite pattern is Peacock (discontinued). VB is big with her age group, so we have also purchased as gifts if we know favorite patterns/colors.

egoldber
02-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Interesting. I have never seen a kid using a VB bag as a school bag here. It's all a big jumble of LLBean and LE backpacks. :ROTFLMAO: Literally, the backpacks in older DD's classroom are typically piled all over each other, especially in winter when there is no room on their hooks for both bookbags AND coats. It's more tidy when it's warm. :)

I am considering something for her to start carrying thought when she egts tol be "that" age, which could easily be in the next year or so.

Corie
02-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Interesting. I have never seen a kid using a VB bag as a school bag here.

Lots of girls using VB backpacks, messenger bags, and lunch bags
here in Cincinnati.

I even bought a messenger bag for myself. They discontinued
the big messenger bag so I bought the last 2 at our store for
a great price. They even had it in one of my favorite patterns
which was being discontinued.

egoldber
02-24-2011, 10:02 AM
I don't doubt it. I've just never seen it in either elementary school older DD has been in here. And I can't imagnie how beat it would get based on what the backpacks look like here.

Also, are they really large and sturdy enough? DD crams a ton of stuff into her bag. So I guess it just surprises me.

hellokitty
02-24-2011, 10:21 AM
great ? I wonder the same about the frill line. I wonder if we call Vera they may tell us.

DD like this one but in a different pattern: http://www.verabradley.com/product/Sale/All-Sale/Cha-Cha-Handbag/1000981/defaultColor/Simply+Violet/pc/785/c/0/sc/729/p/1000981.uts

Their Frill line is NOW PVC free. The first season or two were not PVC free though. So, the newest Frill line is.

calv
02-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Their Frill line is NOW PVC free. The first season or two were not PVC free though. So, the newest Frill line is.

good to know, thanks!

I got DD a backpack. Quite honestly we stuck w/her regular backpacks since I didn't want to see her vera trashed or take a beatin' ;)

newg
02-24-2011, 10:37 AM
DD1 uses one of my super old ones as her play purse and a really old wallet I had in HS as her play wallet. I think it will be a long time before I get her a new one to call her own!

bubbaray
02-24-2011, 10:42 AM
Corie, don't the contents of your DD's bag get wet in the rain? That is the reason I haven't gotten my DD a Vera school bag. It would just be like a sponge!

Corie
02-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Corie, don't the contents of your DD's bag get wet in the rain? That is the reason I haven't gotten my DD a Vera school bag. It would just be like a sponge!

She hasn't had any problems! And believe me, she would have
told me!!

Honestly, her bag looks brand-new!

Pennylane
02-24-2011, 11:18 AM
My dd received a vera bag from a dear friend of mine who lives in the deep south. When she opened it she said "Isn't this a bag for grandma's? " because my mom and her friends all carry them!

Of course, she did not say this in front of my friend and still sent her a nice thank you note! It is a cute bag, just not my style and I guess not hers!

Ann

Corie
02-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Also, are they really large and sturdy enough? DD crams a ton of stuff into her bag. So I guess it just surprises me.

She carries a school folder, a big organizer, a lunch tote (sometimes),
a bottle of water, a snack, Harry Potter book #6, 2-3 other books
to read, a winter hat, a pair of gloves, etc. Her bag weighs a ton.
Sometimes, she has even shoved her sweater in there.

MamaKath
02-24-2011, 11:27 PM
Yes. She has a few mostly that were gifts.

Melanie
02-24-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm on the fence. I LOVE the prints, but not the quilting. I have a couple of the ditty bags for my knitting bags.