PDA

View Full Version : Double Stroller - Bob Duallie or Tike Tech Double: UPDATE - Bought the BOB!!!

bigbluedad
02-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Looking at buying my first double stroller.

I like the BOB Revolution Duallie but the price is almost absurd, imo. $500 for last year's model or $650 for this year's model.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51kGUwzLZgL._AA300_.jpg

Or

I also like the Tike Tech Double City X3 Swivel. Similar options to the BOB but at $200 less list price. Also most websites and stores will accept coupons or discount codes saving me about another $50.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51qQfqbvcaL._AA300_.jpg

So do you like the BOB Revolution Duallie for roughly $600 or the Tike Tech Double X3 for roughly $350???

Kaylee31
02-23-2011, 11:06 PM
I have the single TT X3 and I love it. I'm glad I bought it over a BOB Rev. That being said, I would get a Duallie over the TT. The resale value is going to be soo much better. Also, I saw a review on Amazon of someone who had the double TT & the single version. She said the double was not as good quality as the single, and had a lot of problems. Looking at reviews of the double on Amazon & Diapers.com; there seems to be some quality issues w/the TT double, so I would skip it.
Do you plan on running w/the stroller? If not, have you also considered a MBUD, a MB Duo, a Valco Twin Tri-mode? Maybe you could find a used one on CL...just a suggestion.

bigbluedad
02-23-2011, 11:28 PM
I have the single TT X3 and I love it. I'm glad I bought it over a BOB Rev. That being said, I would get a Duallie over the TT. The resale value is going to be soo much better. Also, I saw a review on Amazon of someone who had the double TT & the single version. She said the double was not as good quality as the single, and had a lot of problems. Looking at reviews of the double on Amazon & Diapers.com; there seems to be some quality issues w/the TT double, so I would skip it.
Do you plan on running w/the stroller? If not, have you also considered a MBUD, a MB Duo, a Valco Twin Tri-mode? Maybe you could find a used one on CL...just a suggestion.

Thanks for the reply.

My wife will mainly be using the stroller and she wants to be able to run with it every once in a while.

I'd say it will be used 80% of the time as a non-jogger and 20% of the time as a jogger.

Appreciates everyone's input.

drcarpiodds
02-23-2011, 11:30 PM
After my recent trial run with the bob, I vote for the bob! It really does push itself!

Bootsie
02-24-2011, 09:12 AM
I haven't tried the Tike Tech, but the BOB Duallie is a tremendously fabulous stroller and I had to put a vote in for it. The push is like no push, it pushes itself. And the 2010 Duallie (as opposed to the 2011) has a great sporty look - something my husband loved.

Also, if you have an REI store near you, call to see if they have any leftover 2010 Duallies. As of last weekend, they were selling them for $421, which is an awesome deal particularly given how well they hold their resale value.

bigbluedad
02-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Any other thoughts?

I REALLY appreciate the opinions.

bigbluedad
02-25-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm off to go stroller (window) shopping. Still appreciate any opinions...

arivecchi
02-25-2011, 07:01 PM
I would go for the Bob Duallie or a Mountain Buggy Duo - they are the best doubles and will be the easiest to push around with older/heavier kids. The Baby Joggers also have a big following here, Tike Tech - not so much.

bigbluedad
02-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Went to buybuybaby and test drove the BOB Duallie. The wife loved it so that clinched my decision.

Today I did my usual incredibly detailed searching for the best deal. We really wanted the black but would settle for the Blue or maybe even the Orange if we really had too.

I ended up finding the BOB in black for $500 and also found a 6% off code that amazingly worked with the BOB. The total was $470 with no tax and free shipping.

Not the greatest deal but still not bad! :jammin:

bigbluedad
02-26-2011, 02:04 PM
I bought the 2010 model which looks a little different (imo it looks better) than the 2011 model posted in the first post of this thread.

http://bobrevolutionduallie.com/res/img/bob-rev-12_duallie-black.jpg

drcarpiodds
02-26-2011, 09:13 PM
GOOD CHOICE...

and GREAT deal! Way to shop papa!

Congrats, enjoy the new ride!

bigbluedad
02-28-2011, 09:43 PM
So I had some second thoughts and buyer's remorse. Not on the BOB but on the type of BOB.

I didn't realize until the day after I ordered the BOB Duallie that I ordered the all 12" aluminum duallie (instead of the 16").

To be honest I didn't even realize there was a difference.

But I am sticking with the 12" instead of canceling the order because my wife's car has a very small trunk opening and I think this one has a better chance of fitting without having to take the wheels off everytime which would be a royal PITA.

And as I stated she will only be using it 10-20% (max) of the time to jog with. The rest of the time it will be an "all purpose" stroller to go to the mall, walk around the neighborhood, going to the zoo, etc.

So in the end I still like the purchase. Just be careful that you realize what you are buying and buy it for the right reasons.

roseyloxs
02-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Sounds like the AW 12" is a good option for you. Enjoy!