PDA

View Full Version : DH and the diaper bag...

mommytoC
02-24-2011, 03:01 PM
So, I snapped at DH today when he asked me where to find Kleenex in the diaper bag...I shouldn't have, but I really, really wish he'd be able to find things on his own. Especially since the "baby" is almost 2, and her sister is 5, and we've had the same diaper bag (the LL Bean large in one of two colors), organized exactly the same, for the entire time!

It was probably just the stress of traveling, and being on vacation with the girls. Any chance, though, that this will motivate him to (finally) figure the bag out?

♥ms.pacman♥
02-24-2011, 03:08 PM
i don't have any helpful advice, just some commiseration. my DH finding stuff on his own (whether in a diaper bag, or something in the house, etc) has always been a challenge. i've given up, and just attributed it to something inherent in him that i cannot change. my dad was the same way..my mom would ask him to get something from the fridge and he could not find it to save his life. maybe it's a guy thing?

eta: just found a funny article discussing this
http://thursdayfridaysaturday.com/main/2007/12/6/why-men-cant-find-things-theyre-looking-for-dont-shop-well-a.html

zag95
02-24-2011, 06:17 PM
What is the deal with these DH's and their ability to problem solve and hunt for things?!! I sometimes get so frustrated that I have another "child" to have to help!

Sorry you all are frustrated. I can emphathize!!

MamaMolly
02-24-2011, 11:36 PM
Hua. So today we were packing for an overnight to Grandma's house and I asked DH to grab Lula's lovey. I wait and wait and wait and hear this banging around, he's opening and closing drawers...the lovey was sitting in PLAIN SIGHT, folded on her bed. A hot pink satin blanket on a green coverlet. Hard to miss, but sigh. :banghead:

mommytoC
02-25-2011, 02:20 PM
Yep, that's my DH, too!

I'd cut him some slack if he didn't use the bag, but he takes the girls to school every morning, and does pick up, too, at least once per week.
To his credit, he has figured out where the binkies are kept!