PDA

View Full Version : What a day Mom had!

Naranjadia
02-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Last night, when I had back pain that was only intensifying over time, DH stepped in and said he should take me to the ER. Long story short, I have a fractured lumbar vertebra. The fracture may be old, but clearly I irritated it. This is my second vertebral fracture.

So then DH wakes me this morning - I'm in a Percocet fog - and tells me my sister called and someone hacked my Facebook. They got about 16 chats going at one time, telling my friends that I was held at gunpoint in London and I need money wired to me so I can go home. My 2nd cousin called my Mom at 7 this morning from across the country worried. A friend from Scotland called another local friend to check on me. Tons of phone calls and emails. Chaos. I reported the phishing scam and now my account is on lock-down.

So we were supposed to fly to Louisville today to visit friends and DH was giving a paper in the conference. The ER doctor thought that would be fine, with painkillers. But the neurosurgeon's office called today and insisted that I go to an appt tomorrow and not travel. So I sent DH to the conference, and I am here with the kids, on Percocet - just praying the Dr. doesn't put me in another body brace for 6 months like the last time.

LMPC
02-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Yikes! I hope everything goes well while your DH is OOT! :hug:

bubbaray
02-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Holy cow! Sending you P&PT for speedy healing and an uneventful recovery while your DH is OOT!

larig
02-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Oh, no! You poor thing, I hope you can get some help! TAke care of yourself and heal quickly.

WatchingThemGrow
02-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Wow, what a day! Hoping you get a good report tomorrow!!!!

MamaMolly
02-24-2011, 11:26 PM
Oh my! P and PT for a speedy recovery.

Naranjadia
02-25-2011, 01:02 AM
Thank you, everyone! Just talked to DH and he made it safely to his destination. I was hoping his flight would be cancelled, but at least he made it okay.

I am really, really hoping I don't have to wear a body brace again. Last time I had to wear one for 7 months, into the summer. It was very stressful and that was before I had kids! It's a hard plastic shell and very hot. I would almost prefer surgery to that, and definitely would prefer no intervention. But I am getting ahead of things. I'll see what the doc says tomorrow.

citymama
02-25-2011, 01:08 AM
Sending you P&PT and wishes for a speedy recovery!

longtallsally05
02-25-2011, 01:35 AM
Ouch! This makes me cringe just thinking about it. Hope you have better news tomorrow.

elephantmeg
02-25-2011, 02:02 AM
dang! what a day!

elektra
02-25-2011, 02:04 AM
OMG. How horrendous. Mojo'in for no body brace!

Naranjadia
02-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Hooray, hooray! What they was a fracture is really a developmental defect in one of my vertebrae.

So I have been downgraded to muscle tear and given muscle relaxants to go with my narcotics. :p

And my Facebook acct was restored to me!

crl
02-25-2011, 10:14 PM
Hooray, hooray! What they was a fracture is really a developmental defect in one of my vertebrae.

So I have been downgraded to muscle tear and given muscle relaxants to go with my narcotics. :p

And my Facebook acct was restored to me!

Yea!!!!! That is so good.

Catherine

liz
02-25-2011, 10:21 PM
Holy cow, good for you!! I hope DH comes home soon so you can have a well deserved rest. :hug:

KpbS
02-25-2011, 11:35 PM
Great news! Take it easy. Hope your DH can come home soon.

DietCokeLover
02-26-2011, 12:05 AM
Yippee!!

ThreeofUs
02-26-2011, 08:17 AM
I'm so late to this, but wanted to send lots of mojo, P&PT your way. Just read your update and WHHHEEEE!!! Awesome news!