PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Tag Books idiot...please educate me

longtallsally05
02-24-2011, 11:39 PM
I'm really not an idiot IRL, I promise. I've followed the directions in the tutorial and set up the Tag Reader, installed the LeapFrog Connect Application on my computer, set up my LeapFrog Parent Account, but when I try to download audio for Tag Books, I keep coming up with a blank screen instead of seeing instructions to follow. What am I doing wrong? I have purchased a couple of activity storybooks for DD, but I haven't opened them b/c if I can't get the Tag Reader to work right, I'm returning them. Help!

TIA!

boilermakermom
02-25-2011, 12:15 AM
I am nOt sure how the Tag works, but I have had a similar problem with the Violet and Scout dogs.

Try unhooking the Tag from your computer, restarting the computer and start again. That usuay helps.

Also, it seems like I either need to restarting or disconnect Violet (or scout) and close the program, and then reopen it, reconnect violet and the saved changes will be uploaded.

Good luck!!

veronica
02-25-2011, 07:56 AM
Once you are logged onto your account at leapfrog, make sure the pen is then turned on. You should be able to choose your device (if you have set up a leapster, tag, etc. to your name).

choose the tag
then , to the left, there should be a "library" our "your downloads" section (sorry, it's been a while)
Basically, it should show a library of every tag book there is. find the ones that you bought and click on them to download.
Then, there should be a screen of what is on "your pen", showing you the downloaded books and and leftover space.

After creating your leapfrog account, have you specifically created a "my tag pen" section?

I haven't done it in about a month so my memory of the details is a bit fuzzy....hope it helps though.

ray7694
02-25-2011, 09:32 AM
I couldn't believe what a pain that thing was to set up and I am a technology teacher. Is your Internet Browser upgraded? I found when I tried on a lower version of IE it didn't work. Try using a different browser.

MSWR0319
02-25-2011, 10:08 AM
I had trouble downloading books when I had just made my account and got the software on the computer. So turn off the Tag and unplug it. make sure Leapfrog connect is closed, then plug Tag back on and turn it on. leapfrog Connect should then co e up and you can pick your toy and then go from there and download the file.

longtallsally05
02-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Thanks, I'll try the tips for the few things I haven't already done. Maybe I'm just really slow, but what is the deal with downloading audio from activity books you buy in store or on Amazon? When talking about downloading audio, are we talking about purchasing &downloading a book from LeapFrog online and then loading it onto the TagReader? What exactly is in the box of Story & Activity Books that I've already purchased (the Ariel and Green Eggs & Ham books)? I assume there is a CD-Rom that contains the data I need to load onto the Tag Reader, but the instructions on the website seem to indicate I also need to download something from the LeapFrog website for every Tag Book I purchase. Clear as mud...anyway I don't want to open the boxes for the story & activity books I purchased in case I can't get the system working right. In that case, I'll send them back to the store and the experience will reinforce my techno-phobic ways!

veronica
02-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Thanks, I'll try the tips for the few things I haven't already done. Maybe I'm just really slow, but what is the deal with downloading audio from activity books you buy in store or on Amazon? When talking about downloading audio, are we talking about purchasing &downloading a book from LeapFrog online and then loading it onto the TagReader? What exactly is in the box of Story & Activity Books that I've already purchased (the Ariel and Green Eggs & Ham books)? I assume there is a CD-Rom that contains the data I need to load onto the Tag Reader, but the instructions on the website seem to indicate I also need to download something from the LeapFrog website for every Tag Book I purchase. Clear as mud...anyway I don't want to open the boxes for the story & activity books I purchased in case I can't get the system working right. In that case, I'll send them back to the store and the experience will reinforce my techno-phobic ways!

The books alone, are just books. They do not come with a CD or any other audio type feature. When you download the information from the leapfrog site, that corresponds to the books you have, that enables the tag pen to interact with the book. your child can then point to the words on the book and it will read them aloud. There are also activities with each page and so on. It is really a fun item.

so the cost is for the book. You download for free, the information for the books you bought.

mnosky1
02-26-2011, 10:37 PM
All the book content is actaully free you just need to load the books you have on your pen. I had mine away for a while and just got it back out for my younger DD to use and it took me and hour to remember/figure out how to do it. So frustrating! I couldn't find the icon/screen where you actually click on the books to download plus I was laoding Tag Jr books on a tag pen so that added to the issues. I kept getting the "learning path" but not the the screen that has the "my tag" thing on it. That's where you need to be.

The first time you do it you do need to donwload software that allows you to download the books to your tag pen. Then if you click on that icon you just downloaded, it will take you right to your tag pen and the list of books avaialbale to download and you slect the ones you have.