PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: New Question...Interview - WWYD

DietCokeLover
02-25-2011, 12:54 PM
Update: I called her back Friday afternoon and left another VM. She called me on Monday around 5:30 pm. After a brief discussion, she has some paperwork that she wants me to complete and wants to discuss pay, etc with me then. She suggested coming by my business/ home on Wednesday to do this. A little strange, but I think it is right along her way between two spots, so ok. My question is... Can I stay dressed in my "Mom" wardrobe, or do you think I need to dress professionally? Even with our business when it is open, we dress casually, so my "mom" attire is typically windsuits, yoga pants and a T or something like that. What would you do in this scenario?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted last week about an interview I had that went really well. So, the woman I interviewed with called me yesterday afternoon and left a message to call her back. I called about 45 mins later and got her voicemail. This would have been around 3:15 or so. She has yet to call me back and it is now 11:00 here.

Would you call again, or would you wait and assume she is just busy and will get to it later?

LMPC
02-25-2011, 12:59 PM
I would call her back and if I got VM again would leave a message telling her what time would be a good time to call back.

"Hi Ms. X! This is DCL, returning your call from yesterday. Just wanted to let you know that I would be available today after noon. Look forward to hearing from you!"

vludmilla
02-25-2011, 12:59 PM
I would wait a bit longer. Maybe call in the late afternoon if you haven't heard back from her.

ohsara430
02-25-2011, 01:04 PM
I'd probably wait about 24 hrs before you call again so before end of the day today for sure. Maybe call again around 2 or 3 pm and definitely leave a when a good time to reach you is.

minnie-zb
02-25-2011, 01:05 PM
I'd wait a little longer too maybe even Monday morning. She could have been in meetings this morning or she might even have Fridays off.

TwoBees
02-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Since it is Friday, I would wait until Monday mid-morning, maybe around 11.

JustMe
02-25-2011, 05:02 PM
I would call back. One of the things I do in cases like this is say something along the lines of "I know I left you a previous message, but I can be hard to get ahold of so I thought I might catch you directly". In my case this is true, as I dont have a cell phone, but I think its a good thing to say.

DietCokeLover
02-25-2011, 05:30 PM
I would call back. One of the things I do in cases like this is say something along the lines of "I know I left you a previous message, but I can be hard to get ahold of so I thought I might catch you directly". In my case this is true, as I dont have a cell phone, but I think its a good thing to say.

I was just coming back on here to see what everyone's advice was. I like this statement. I still haven't heard back from her, and I'm concerned that maybe she didn't get my message or who knows what.

DietCokeLover
03-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Bumping for update in OP.

daisymommy
03-01-2011, 12:13 PM
I would wear something in-between "work clothes" and "SAHM clothes". Slacks and a blouse for instance, but not so formal like a suit.

MoJo
03-01-2011, 12:14 PM
If you don't yet have a firm job offer, I'd dress up at least a little, unless your business requires you to be dressed more casually.

Sounds very hopeful so far!

ha98ed14
03-01-2011, 12:21 PM
I would wear khaki pants or chords and a solid/ calm colored turtleneck sweater, or shell and cardigan or similar.

Indianamom2
03-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Sounds really encouraging about the job!

I would dress nicely...not a suit, but not yoga pants either. Nice dress pants and a sweater/blouse would be appropriate, IMO.

Good luck!

ohsara430
03-01-2011, 12:33 PM
I'd dress in business casual or nice mom clothes. No workout type wear, but jeans with a shirt and cute blazer, sweater or nice top would be ok.

JustMe
03-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Another vote for stepping it up just a little with your clothes. It may be slightly inconvenient, but better safe than sorry I say.

On another note, I would be keeping my eyes open for boundary or other related issues on her part. Dropping by your business/home is more than a little odd to me, even if it is in between 2 places she is going.

DietCokeLover
03-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Thanks everyone for your feedback.