PDA

View Full Version : Britax B-Ready?

berlinsoul
02-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Saw SQ's review:
Has anyone experiences with the Britax B-Ready?

How does the wheels perform?
(I wish it has air tires - that would be perfect!!!)

MamaBear
02-25-2011, 01:04 PM
My 4 year oldhas decided that we need a B-Ready for our trip to Australia :bouncy: (Too bad his father disagrees!)

berlinsoul
02-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Wow!! That's a big compliment for the B-Ready, I guess.
So I hope his mother can do something for him ;)

ckelly
02-25-2011, 06:19 PM
I don't have oe but if/when I do get one I will be holding out for the free seat/bassinet or car seat promo they will be running March 1st! :yay: Though, on Atlantas CL there is a BNIB with Bassinet AND extra seat for $499 kinda tempting...

drcarpiodds
02-26-2011, 12:58 AM
I was on albeebaby today...

Pink and blue and "twilight" (gold maybe?) are up for pre-order (shipping out in April per the site)...

Check them out, soOoOo COOL!

Oh, and yes, my boys LOVE our B Ready (silver), but I have my eye on the pink one for my future DD (hopefully!).

=)

ckelly
02-26-2011, 01:59 AM
Ooooh...love the blue but I think having 2 girls entitles me to a hot pink one!

3blackcats
02-26-2011, 08:29 AM
I picked mine up today, it is still in a box in the van. Love that the 2nd seat was free!! I got red :)

ckelly
02-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Let us know how you like it!

swrc00
02-26-2011, 09:16 AM
I don't have oe but if/when I do get one I will be holding out for the free seat/bassinet or car seat promo they will be running March 1st! :yay: Though, on Atlantas CL there is a BNIB with Bassinet AND extra seat for $499 kinda tempting...

I saw the one on the Atlanta CL and suddenly I wanted it too!

GvilleGirl
02-26-2011, 09:27 AM
I love ours, but do wish it had air tires. The straps are kind of short, but you can get longer ones by calling Britax. It steers great and can even do it one handed. I also like that you can access the basket from all sides. I wish I was able to get that price with the free seat!

mrspeachykeen
02-26-2011, 09:22 PM
I won one today and am super excited for it. I will have to buy an extra seat whenever we have #2. Now I have to figure out what stroller to get rid of - BJCM or the Teutonia - both have their positives. Thinking maybe sell the BJCM and get a lighter/smaller umbrella stroller.

drcarpiodds
02-26-2011, 09:25 PM
I won one today and am super excited for it. I will have to buy an extra seat whenever we have #2. Now I have to figure out what stroller to get rid of - BJCM or the Teutonia - both have their positives. Thinking maybe sell the BJCM and get a lighter/smaller umbrella stroller.

CONGRATS!

It's such a great stroller! Maybe just keep the BJCM as your lightweight stroller and sell the Teutonia. If I had to choose just one stroller to keep from the ones we have, the B Ready would be the one as it's multifunctional and fits our lifestyle. You might want to get the extra seat now as prices are looking good on amazon, as well as some of the other accessories - bassinet, carseat adapters, etc.

drcarpiodds
02-26-2011, 09:27 PM
I love ours, but do wish it had air tires. The straps are kind of short, but you can get longer ones by calling Britax. It steers great and can even do it one handed. I also like that you can access the basket from all sides. I wish I was able to get that price with the free seat!

I share your Britax B Ready love! You could consider getting one of the new 2011 colors once the March 1st sale starts... =)

Annyeb
02-27-2011, 10:53 AM
I bought a P&T Explorer a week ago after being down to that or the B-Ready. Seeing the new colors, I'm having buyer's remorse with the P&T. Things I liked better on the B-Ready were the second seat size, basket size and included accessories. Picked the P&T because it seemed a bit smaller, washable/changable seat pads and plastic footrest (seems silly, but after owning many strollers in the last 10 years, the more parts that are easy to clean, the better!) The tires go either way for me. I like air filled, but have a MBUD so don't need to have a second stroller with that feature.

Candyshop1999
02-27-2011, 10:12 PM
I love my B Ready! It's heavy, but worth the extra oomph getting it in and out of the car for the many enjoyable hours the 3 of us having using it. It's a lot easier getting it in and out of the car then my Bob. The reclining rumble seat is fab! Not to mention the plush seats, huge canopy and basket and the push! Pushes EASILY with one hand. AND it folds with the 2nd seat on....easily! The cup holder is so-so, but I love everything else!
I admittedly don't use it much outside, I have a double Bob for that. But the Bob is not good for indoor use...at all.

And ps- I also have a BJCS, blows it out of the water.

Candyshop1999
02-27-2011, 10:15 PM
As far as the tires, I pulled 2 pieces of metal out of my tires in December when the stroller was loaded with shopping bags and babies...so thankful it doesnt have air!
Like I said, I'm not using it on curbs, etc. But if u don't want an AT...u don't need air.

Dahliatop
02-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Does anyone know how a phil and ted compares to a britax b-ready? I am looking for a stroller for a newborn and 2 year old. I need one that is best for traveling so folding and weight of stroller are important. If you like P &T, which model? does anyone have experience with vibe 2? or any other similar stroller? Thanks!!

Candyshop1999
02-27-2011, 10:20 PM

What straps??

GvilleGirl
02-27-2011, 11:19 PM
The shoulder straps (harness). I forgot to include that I also love the break. While I'm sure it isn't recommended, my key fit 30 fits snuggly in the top seat when I need to make a quick stop. I just move the grab bar to the side.

poohbear
02-27-2011, 11:36 PM
smartmomma has the new colors available for pre-order with the free ride, but they are priced higher than other sites currently ($459 total).... My guess is that albee will have the free ride promo on the new colors, otherwise if you want one of the new colors, you can get them from http://smartmomma.com/Britax-B-Ready-FREE-RIDE-PROMOTION-sp-27.html

(new colors will ship in April)

Candyshop1999
02-28-2011, 10:30 PM
The shoulder straps (harness). I forgot to include that I also love the break. While I'm sure it isn't recommended, my key fit 30 fits snuggly in the top seat when I need to make a quick stop. I just move the grab bar to the side.

Ah ha....those straps. I love the no- rethread system and I love the break, too. Very flip flop friendly.

GonnaBJulymom
03-03-2011, 01:40 AM
Anyone know if it's compatible with other infant carseats? namely the maxi cosi mico? TIA!

poohbear
03-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Anyone know if it's compatible with other infant carseats? namely the maxi cosi mico? TIA!

According to the britax website, with the optional adapter (about $28 at amazon), it is compatible with Chicco Key Fit, Chicco Key Fit 30, Graco Snugride 32, Graco Snugride 35, and Peg Perego Primo Viaggio

FYI - here is the link for amazon's b-ready free ride event:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=B003OBYTHM
black and red are currently $405
silver is $397
green is $427

either carseat, second seat, or bassinet is free when you add both the stroller and any of those choices to your cart. Sweet deal...

berlinsoul
03-03-2011, 08:58 AM
I think it's important to find out, what kind of new harness system Britax offer or how you could get them. Several reviews stated that the harness does not fit children who are older than 12 months or so.
This was why I lost interest...

poohbear
03-03-2011, 10:41 AM
I think it's important to find out, what kind of new harness system Britax offer or how you could get them. Several reviews stated that the harness does not fit children who are older than 12 months or so.
This was why I lost interest...

Hmmm... according to baby gizmo, taller children fit into it no problem. I hadn't heard of any problems with the harness?
http://www.babygizmo.com/news/britaxbready.php

ElspethCordelia
03-03-2011, 11:49 AM
I put my daughter in one at BuyBuyBaby the other day. She's 21 months and fit no problem.

Bootsie
03-03-2011, 01:07 PM
The tight harness strap comments does seem to come up a lot. This reviewer, for example, had harness issues with both seats (the reviewer is NOT me): http://www.parentpoweredvehicles.com/blog/2010/12/9/britax-b-ready-review-she-said.html

But Britax has added this issue to its list of questions it frequently receives and has provided the following answer:

Q. The B-READY stroller harness is tight on my child - is a longer one available?

A. To obtain a longer harness length, please contact BRITAX customer service at 1-888-427-4829 and they will send you one at no charge.

That's a pretty good response :thumbsup:

For those who own a B Ready (does anyone on this thread own one, or is everyone just considering one) - is this stroller easy to use? In other words, if you are looking for a double that you can quickly wing out of the house, throw it down the steps and go and then when you are back, fairly easily fold it and store it - would the B Ready fit that ticket? I'm looking for an easy stroller for our nanny and this free second seat deal is pretty tantalizing. The huge footprint of the thing makes me think it is heavy though, and not all that easy to wing around and that I should just get a BJCMD. (The reviewer above seems to say that with not much use the wheels were already a mess - have others found that to be true?)

arivecchi
03-03-2011, 01:10 PM
According to the britax website, with the optional adapter (about $28 at amazon), it is compatible with Chicco Key Fit, Chicco Key Fit 30, Graco Snugride 32, Graco Snugride 35, and Peg Perego Primo Viaggio

FYI - here is the link for amazon's b-ready free ride event:
http://www.amazon.com/Britax-B-Ready-Universal-Infant-Adapter/dp/B003OH0W90/ref=pd_sbs_ba_3

black and red are currently $405
silver is $397
green is $427

either carseat, second seat, or bassinet is free when you add both the stroller and any of those choices to your cart. Sweet deal... I see the car seat adapter when I click on the link.

arivecchi
03-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Found the link! This is quite the deal!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_355453862_3?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000661401&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0SC180YG6GVAHBWRFMP0&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=1289624002&pf_rd_i=B003OBYTHM

Thanks for sharing poohbear!

GvilleGirl
03-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Here is a good comparison between the b-ready and p&t.

http://stroller411.com/blog/267/britax-b-ready-vs-phil-and-teds-explorer/

The fold is very easy. You put down the lower seat and pull up on the folding mechanism. Then make sure it locks. It is not light though. It is my only double, but my lifting is mostly in and out of the car.

As for the wheels I am not a huge fan as I said before, but my comparison is a Bob and Mac. I don't think it is worse than my Mac, but definitely not as good as an AT.

poohbear
03-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Found the link! This is quite the deal!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_355453862_3?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000661401&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0SC180YG6GVAHBWRFMP0&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=1289624002&pf_rd_i=B003OBYTHM

Thanks for sharing poohbear!

oops, thanks for spotting that - i fixed it in my other post...

ETA - amazon seems to be out of stock on their own b-ready's, and they specify that the promo does not apply to third party sellers. The promo does go until June 1 though.
strollermomma does have the same promo with a price of $460 and you could have diapers.com match it...
ETA2: babycatalog.com has them for $425 with the promo.
Albee seems to have them for $398 even the new colors, but is not showing the promo - head scratcher...

poohbear
03-03-2011, 04:47 PM
The tight harness strap comments does seem to come up a lot. This reviewer, for example, had harness issues with both seats (the reviewer is NOT me): http://www.parentpoweredvehicles.com/blog/2010/12/9/britax-b-ready-review-she-said.html

But Britax has added this issue to its list of questions it frequently receives and has provided the following answer:

Q. The B-READY stroller harness is tight on my child - is a longer one available?

A. To obtain a longer harness length, please contact BRITAX customer service at 1-888-427-4829 and they will send you one at no charge.

That's a pretty good response :thumbsup:

For those who own a B Ready (does anyone on this thread own one, or is everyone just considering one) - is this stroller easy to use? In other words, if you are looking for a double that you can quickly wing out of the house, throw it down the steps and go and then when you are back, fairly easily fold it and store it - would the B Ready fit that ticket? I'm looking for an easy stroller for our nanny and this free second seat deal is pretty tantalizing. The huge footprint of the thing makes me think it is heavy though, and not all that easy to wing around and that I should just get a BJCMD. (The reviewer above seems to say that with not much use the wheels were already a mess - have others found that to be true?)

I do have an issue with the number of typos in the article ("britex", "break" numerous times - I think if you're publishing something even on a blog, you should use proper spelling, but neither here nor there), however overall it seemed the reviewer liked it "It was the stroller I never knew I needed"
It is a big stroller, I've played with it, but it has great features, so it's a trade off....

arivecchi
03-03-2011, 06:53 PM
My 4 year oldhas decided that we need a B-Ready for our trip to Australia :bouncy: (Too bad his father disagrees!) Go for it! :jammin: Such a good deal right now!

eykhong
03-21-2011, 01:40 PM

GvilleGirl, did you just call Britax and they sent you longer harness straps? I found them way too short as well. Thanks!