PDA

View Full Version : JJB Earth Leather

mackmama
02-25-2011, 06:52 PM
I am looking at the JJB Behave. (Love the new color combos!) How heavy is the bag? Is the earth leather as heavy as a traditional leather bag? TIA!

Momto1
02-25-2011, 06:55 PM
It weighs 2 lbs, 6 oz. It's not exactly light, but I'm pretty sure if it was made out of real leather it would be much heavier.

I have one and love it!

mackmama
02-25-2011, 07:15 PM
Does it have insulated bottle pockets?

Momto1
02-25-2011, 07:49 PM
It has one pocket on the side that zips up with insulation in it. It fits my DD's sippy cups just fine. I really like that feature - it lets you carry a bottle/cup upright without having it hang off the side of the bag - it kind of just tucks in.

mackmama
02-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Thanks - it sounds great! I really like JJB.

Kymberley
02-25-2011, 08:13 PM
I can't recommend the BeHave enough. Love, love, LOVE! I went to BuyBuyBaby today and they had 6 of them, 4 black and 2 in the new Steel. *swoon* I have a Steel one on the way and have been carrying my black one since the day they first came out.

mackmama
02-25-2011, 08:24 PM
The steel color looks really pretty. I have my eye on the choc/teal one. Have you all machine-washed them yet? How did the leather come out?

artvandalay
02-25-2011, 08:27 PM
OH man, I totally want one of these. I remember seeing them awhile ago, and totally forgot about them. Then the other day someone posted it on one of these threads and I realized I HAVE to have one!

I just don't know if I want black or brown. I already have some grey purses... but the steel is very nice, too! I love that you have the option to carry it cross-body

My only concern was whether it would be big enough for all my baby crap.

I also wish it had a place for sippy cup/bottles on either end of the purse, instead of one end for sippy and the other a place for sunglasses.

If you get one please let us know what you think! I will probably get one soon!

My Skip Hop Dash is getting kicked to the curb, it really let me down.

mackmama
02-25-2011, 08:52 PM
My only concern was whether it would be big enough for all my baby crap.

I also wish it had a place for sippy cup/bottles on either end of the purse, instead of one end for sippy and the other a place for sunglasses.

:yeahthat:

I have a backpack-style diaper bag and am looking for a purse/tote style. I'm questioning whether I really need this JJB bag though since I already have a pre-baby leather bag and am wondering if I should just use that as a diaper bag.

Kymberley
02-25-2011, 08:59 PM
:yeahthat:

I have a backpack-style diaper bag and am looking for a purse/tote style. I'm questioning whether I really need this JJB bag though since I already have a pre-baby leather bag and am wondering if I should just use that as a diaper bag.

I haven't washed mine, but a lot of Pink Ladies have and it washes great. I was an all-leather purse girl until I found Earth Leather. I love it. I use a Sippy Rocket (http://www.shopjujube.com/Product.aspx?l=00040005000000000000&p=JJB01243) if I need space for another cup. You could use a purse you already have, and I've done that as well, but I am now a JJB convert. The organization is unmatched as far as I'm concerned. And the brown/teal is beautiful!

artvandalay
02-25-2011, 09:02 PM
I haven't washed mine, but a lot of Pink Ladies have and it washes great. I was an all-leather purse girl until I found Earth Leather. I love it. I use a Sippy Rocket (http://www.shopjujube.com/Product.aspx?l=00040005000000000000&p=JJB01243) if I need space for another cup. You could use a purse you already have, and I've done that as well, but I am now a JJB convert. The organization is unmatched as far as I'm concerned. And the brown/teal is beautiful!

Is the Earth Leather as soft/supple as real leather?

mackmama
02-25-2011, 09:03 PM
You could use a purse you already have, and I've done that as well, but I am now a JJB convert. The organization is unmatched as far as I'm concerned. And the brown/teal is beautiful!

You are convincing me! :) My large leather purse is a disorganized mess with no internal pockets. It's just hard to justify not using my pre-baby purses anymore. They are so pretty, and I don't want to retire them!

Kymberley
02-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Is the Earth Leather as soft/supple as real leather?

IMO, no, but I almost like it better. It is soft, but much more pliable, with the added benefit of being able to get wet without discoloring/damaging it. It's hard to describe, really. I carried Coach all-leather purses before, which when I try to carry them now I realize how heavy they are. Earth Leather, to me, is light weight and stuffable. I haven't seen the brown EL in real life so I can't comment on it, but I think the steel EL resembles real leather more than the black EL, but I love black too. I don't know if I've answered your questions at all, lol!

Kymberley
02-25-2011, 09:28 PM
You are convincing me! :) My large leather purse is a disorganized mess with no internal pockets. It's just hard to justify not using my pre-baby purses anymore. They are so pretty, and I don't want to retire them!

You sound just like me! I have a bunch of beautiful purses that are just sitting there, but I just can't use them right now.

mackmama
02-25-2011, 09:29 PM
Sorry to bombard you with questions - but are the (shoulder) straps on the Behave adjustable and/or removable? I see it also has a messenger strap that can loop underneath the bag.

Kymberley
02-25-2011, 09:38 PM
The tote straps are not adjustable or removable, the messenger strap is. I carry it messenger style almost exclusively. It is very comfy.

Momto1
02-26-2011, 02:05 AM

Oh my gosh, you need a JJB. Best organization ever!