PDA

View Full Version : Kid friendly airline

Armywife1stDr2nd
02-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Anyone know which airline are more kid friendly?

We have a choice on our NYC-LA trip (Virgin, Jet blue, AA)...any recommendations

truly scrumptious
02-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Not sure how to evaluate kid-friendliness, but we recently traveled both AA and Jetblue, and Jetblue was by far the more comfortable experience. The seats had more space and were easier to maneuver in with a little one and car seat. Plus the TV screen kept him distracted for the flight.

We've never flown Virgin.

HTH!

kaharris83
02-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Never flown Virgin but we just did Jet Blue too and it's our new favorite airline for sure. They were very friendly. They had changing tables in both the front and back of the airplane, huge for me because on a recent flight on Frontier I had to change a squirmy infant on the toilet seat. :( The attendants were very patient with the kids around us, offering them all the snacks and drinks they wanted. The TV's were nice as well. And your first checked bag is included.

KDsMommy
02-25-2011, 11:49 PM
I just flew cross country on Virgin with 3 yo DS and it was a fabulous experience! I will definitely fly Virgin again.

alirebco
02-26-2011, 10:17 AM
I've flown all of them and I would say JetBlue and Virgin are the best of the three

fivi2
02-26-2011, 11:25 AM
We like JetBlue.

longtallsally05
02-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Never flown Virgin but we just did Jet Blue too and it's our new favorite airline for sure. They were very friendly. They had changing tables in both the front and back of the airplane, huge for me because on a recent flight on Frontier I had to change a squirmy infant on the toilet seat. :( The attendants were very patient with the kids around us, offering them all the snacks and drinks they wanted. The TV's were nice as well. And your first checked bag is included.

Wow, I'll be looking for Jet Blue in the future. Delta is NOT good. I was on an 8 hr non-stop Delta flight and there was NOT ONE SINGLE CHANGING TABLE ON THE ENTIRE AIRCRAFT! Unbelievable. I was changing diapers in the aisles, like all the other parents of kids in diapers. I'm sure the poor people in the first row got an eyeful of poopy diapers that day...yuck!

wencit
02-26-2011, 03:43 PM
I've flown cross country with 2 young kiddos several times now, and by far my favorite airlines are JetBlue and Virgin America. I give a slight edge to JetBlue because they'll let you check one bag for free for each passenger with a paid ticket, and since we buy everyone seats, that's 4 free checked bags right there. Because traveling with small kids does not equal light packing, it's so nice to be able to check in most of our stuff (including our Pack N Play -- that's worth $50 right there!) to keep our carry-on luggage to a minimum.

ETA: JetBlue also gives free unlimited snacks and drinks, whereas Virgin only gives free drinks. Not a huge deal, but again, this tips the scales slightly in favor of JetBlue for me, because the less I have to bring on board, the better!

hillview
02-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Jetblue or Virgin. TVs and snacks!
/hillary