PDA

View Full Version : Which Stroller Would You Get?

msuarez919
02-26-2011, 12:44 PM
The first:
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/bab/2232432872.html

It's barely been used by grandparents. She said she thought it was a 2005 but I'm thinking from comparing pics that it's a 2004. She says it's a 10 cosmetically and like I said, barely used by the child's grandparents. Not sure of the color. I can't see it until next Friday so it could be sold before then :(.

The second:
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/bab/2232964497.html

Seller told me it was a 7 cosmetically. Was told everything functions perfectly. The seller sold it to a woman who then got it home and decided it wasn't a good fit for her 2 boys. So this woman has contacted me (and seems very nice and legit) and wanted to know if I wanted to buy it from her (since I was essentially next in line)...She appears to be normal and not sketchy but she could have found out something about the stroller that I would find out later as well. Compared to the first stroller, this one is newer, a 2007. It's got a Toffee cover which I'm not crazy about, but it's dark and will mask dirt well. This new seller won't post this on CList so I'm pretty much guaranteed this stroller if I want it.

The price difference is $5 between the 2 strollers...

Which one???!!!

hellokitty
02-26-2011, 01:31 PM
The second link has already been pulled.

msuarez919
02-26-2011, 01:33 PM
The second link has already been pulled.

Shoot! Well, it's a 2007 P3 in Toffee for $75.

What do you think?

hellokitty
02-26-2011, 02:04 PM
Is there any particular reason you want a peg? There are a lot of strollers out there now that are a lot better than a peg. Pegs were nice, like 7 yrs ago, but the selection of strollers now is 10x better than it was back them.

poohbear
02-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Is there any particular reason you want a peg? There are a lot of strollers out there now that are a lot better than a peg. Pegs were nice, like 7 yrs ago, but the selection of strollers now is 10x better than it was back them.

I'm guessing OP is on a budget and for $70 or less, a Pliko is a good bet....
If it's a 2005, $70 may be a little high. If you decide to go with that one, I'd maybe offer $50 and see what they say...

Nooknookmom
02-26-2011, 02:50 PM
Look for an Inglesina Zippy if you haven't already purchased. Similar to the Peg but IMHO much better!

msuarez919
02-26-2011, 03:30 PM

I want the rear foot boards and I don't want a tandem or sit and stand stroller. I had a Joovy and hated it. I want a normal sized stroller that my son will have the option of jumping on when he gets tired. The P3 was the only stroller I could find with this feature. Originally, I was thinking about getting a buggy board or hitch hiker to strap on to my existing stroller but the reviews are so mixed (a lot of them are really bad). Not to mention that they cost roughly $90! And there's no way of me trying one out (there isn't one in any store where I live) to see if the thing sticks out too far (another thing I was worried about). So I thought that I could get a used P3 for under or around $90 and sell my current one to help the expense a bit.

hellokitty
02-26-2011, 06:10 PM
I want the rear foot boards and I don't want a tandem or sit and stand stroller. I had a Joovy and hated it. I want a normal sized stroller that my son will have the option of jumping on when he gets tired. The P3 was the only stroller I could find with this feature. Originally, I was thinking about getting a buggy board or hitch hiker to strap on to my existing stroller but the reviews are so mixed (a lot of them are really bad). Not to mention that they cost roughly $90! And there's no way of me trying one out (there isn't one in any store where I live) to see if the thing sticks out too far (another thing I was worried about). So I thought that I could get a used P3 for under or around $90 and sell my current one to help the expense a bit.

Have you tried stroller swap? I bet there are BBB moms who'd be willing to sell their pegs.

msuarez919
02-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Have you tried stroller swap? I bet there are BBB moms who'd be willing to sell their pegs.

Oh my, I just googled stroller swap and found the yahoo group (I think) you're referring to...WOW! Thanks! By the way, what does BBB stand for?

crl
02-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Oh my, I just googled stroller swap and found the yahoo group (I think) you're referring to...WOW! Thanks! By the way, what does BBB stand for?

BBB=Baby Bargains Board.

Stroller swap is a yahoo group run by strollerqueen, who is a member here. But membership here is not a prerequisite for stroller swap membership. There is another yahoo group, strollerista, run by A and poohbear and membership here, plus some minimum post count, are required to join strollerista.

Catherine

poohbear
02-26-2011, 11:34 PM

The problem you'll probably run into though is shipping. My guess is that it will cost at least $25 to ship a Pliko/P3 assuming you already have a box. If your budget is only $90 or so, shipping is going to eat a big chunk of that...
But it doesn't hurt to check swap.

Also, ebay - some stores have outlets on there and you might be able to get an open box for a good deal. (I think you had posted about ebay in another thread so you've probably already been checking ebay)...

Strollerista membership requires a minimum of 250 posts on BBB with a large chunk of them in the stroller forum. ;) Once you meet those requirements, pm arivecchi or me! :)