PDA

View Full Version : Kids toys!

boilermakermom
02-26-2011, 10:41 PM
Why is a screw driver required to take the batteries out of EVERY toy DD owns? Ugh!!!!!! So frustrating!!

Snow mom
02-26-2011, 10:43 PM
Probably because she can't use a screw driver ;) I'm sure it would be more frustrating to find her gnawing on a battery.

KrisM
02-26-2011, 11:02 PM
Probably because she can't use a screw driver ;) I'm sure it would be more frustrating to find her gnawing on a battery.

Yep!

At age 6, DS now gets the screw driver and changes batteries for me. And, his toys just have the pop off lid for the compartment.

AshleyAnn
02-26-2011, 11:19 PM

I get this but why do most of the battery covers have 2 - 4 screws? Any why do they not imprint they number and type of batteries required on the outside of the toy? Its such a pain to unscrew 3 screws only to discover I don't have the right kind of batteries.

ett
02-27-2011, 12:33 AM
It's a safety issue so kids can't get to the battery.

belovedgandp
02-27-2011, 01:20 AM
It can be a production to get those things apart. I started giving a set of mini-screwdrivers to first time parents.

I get the baby/toddler toys, but my oldest has a K'Nex set that still needed a screwdriver to open the battery compartment. The set was for 8+ and had like 700+ tiny small parts. I think if he can be trusted to put together this monstrosity he can handle a couple of AA's.

elephantmeg
02-27-2011, 09:56 AM
I keep a mini screwdriver with our box of batteries!

newnana
02-27-2011, 04:21 PM
When you get said toy, use a fine point sharpie to label the bottom near the screw with what type of battery and how many. Got that tip off this board long ago and have been using it ever since.

Love the tip about keeping the screwdriver with the batteries, thanks!