PDA

View Full Version : How do I get shipping quotes?

crl
02-26-2011, 11:51 PM
I am selling a stroller. I need to figure out how much it will cost to box and ship it. How can I find out? Preferably without going to a store?

Thanks,
Catherine

ett
02-27-2011, 12:35 AM
You can figure out shipping quotes on both USPS's and Fedex's website by entering in package size, weight, destination zipcodes, etc.

mezzona
02-27-2011, 12:43 AM
if amazon sells it, they usually list the item's shipping weight. that includes the box and everything sold with it as new. i would say that is a pretty safe bet for shipping weight. not exact if you dont repack everything, but at least you shouldnt go over it. then you have to go to the shippers website and enter the measurements. you usually need the box dimensions and shipping weight.

crl
02-27-2011, 12:47 AM
You can figure out shipping quotes on both USPS's and Fedex's website by entering in package size, weight, destination zipcodes, etc.

Thanks! I tried the fed-ex website, but it didn't give me a fed-ex ground option, just next day, two day type things.

And I'll need to buy a box, any suggestions for figuring out how much that would be?

Thanks!
Catherine

ett
02-27-2011, 12:54 AM
Thanks! I tried the fed-ex website, but it didn't give me a fed-ex ground option, just next day, two day type things.

Thanks!
Catherine

Fedex ground is for shipping to businesses only. There should be an option for Fedex Home (ground equivalent for residences) if you checked off the shipping to a residential address option.

crl
02-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Fedex ground is for shipping to businesses only. There should be an option for Fedex Home (ground equivalent for residences) if you checked off the shipping to a residential address option.

Okay, I thought I checked that, but I will try again.

Thinking I may have to go someplace with the stroller anyway to get a price quote on the box. . . . .

Thank you!
Catherine