PDA

View Full Version : Update - Review of the 2011 G-Luxe!

Jelly Bean
02-27-2011, 01:44 PM
I used the stroller indoors and out today and I can easily say there isn't a single thing I don't love about this stroller!

--It pushes as easily as the Quest IMO - easily pushed it one-handed
--cupholder fits a large starbucks drink
--put DD's lunch and jacket in the basket - could easily take it in and out
--sunshade is phenomenal
--cushy seat is amazing and DD loved to bend her knees and rest her feet on the legrest
--DD was so comfy
--tons of headroom
--50 lb weight limit

Ok truth be told the ONLY con I see is that it is hard to push the seat back up when DD is sitting in it with that string thing. But DD doesn't really nap in her stroller because we tend to get home before naptime, so I'm just going to leave it up most days.

My friend met up with us and she had major stroller envy - she has a Zooper Twist and said it's a beast to push and set up.

tobycat
02-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the update! How big is your DD? (Height/weight). It tried it out at the store with my 6 year old who is 40 lbs/44 inches. She liked it. However the stroller is not for her since she really has outgrown the need. It's for the little guy, but I figure if I can push it with her in it I should not have any problems. Now if only the sun would come out in Seattle, I'd have a need for that awesome sun shade.

jlynn32
02-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the review. I was looking at that and the Cybex Onyx for airport/vacation travel and that helped make my decision.

ahrimie
02-27-2011, 04:57 PM
I just ordered mine... so excited to get it! What color did you get? DD wanted the teal :)

Jelly Bean
02-27-2011, 08:46 PM
DD is 33 inches and 26 pounds. She has LOADS of headroom, no concerns there.

Forgot to mention that the sunshade also tilts forward!

I got the orange (Ani) but the teal was my second choice. I've just always wanted an orange stroller...it's one of my alma mater colors!

sherezada
02-28-2011, 10:32 AM
Ok truth be told the ONLY con I see is that it is hard to push the seat back up when DD is sitting in it with that string thing. But DD doesn't really nap in her stroller because we tend to get home before naptime, so I'm just going to leave it up most days.

My friend met up with us and she had major stroller envy - she has a Zooper Twist and said it's a beast to push and set up.

Thank you so much for this review! I was debating between the Zooper Twist and the G-Luxe but I couldn't find anyone who had tried both. Your friend just convinced me to go with the G-Luxe.

What do you think about the seat back firmness on the G-Luxe 2011? Does it have a bit of a frame to give it support? When I checked the 2010 version at the store it felt a bit wobbly.

Jelly Bean
02-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Thank you so much for this review! I was debating between the Zooper Twist and the G-Luxe but I couldn't find anyone who had tried both. Your friend just convinced me to go with the G-Luxe.

What do you think about the seat back firmness on the G-Luxe 2011? Does it have a bit of a frame to give it support? When I checked the 2010 version at the store it felt a bit wobbly.

The back is awesome. It has the firmness/support of the Quest but with a plush pad on top. DD sits up straight.

Sounds like you've already made up your mind, but I will add that my friend's Zooper is my least favorite stroller of all my friends's strollers. You can't push it one handed and is heavier than the G-Luxe. It isn't quite very "umbrella" to me.

sherezada
03-01-2011, 10:18 AM
Where did you buy your G-Luxe, and for how much?

Jelly Bean
03-01-2011, 10:42 AM
I got it at Albee Baby during the 20% off President's Day sale!

MamaMichelle
03-01-2011, 12:40 PM

WOW :bowdown: You got 20% off a 2011 LUXE?!?!?! I'm so jealous. I hadn't seen one IRL, so I ordered from Amazon with free returns in case I didn't like it (it's arriving TODAY :yay:). But 20% off nearly $200 is nothing to scoff at. How often do they (Albee) or other online retailers have those kinds of sale?

tobycat
03-01-2011, 01:15 PM

WOW! Great deal. I ordered one yesterday from babyviva.com that another poster alerted us to at 15% off. I did not even try to order from Albee Baby since their website also said UppaBaby was not included in coupons offers. Mine is scheduled to arrive on Thursday.

Armywife1stDr2nd
03-01-2011, 02:49 PM
ohhhhh I forward tilt too!!

Mine is due to arrive tomorrow! Can't wait!

Jelly Bean
03-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Albee said that Uppa was excluded but that's how I got my Vista from them over a year ago as well. I put it in my shopping cart and it applied the discount, but it didn't work when I tried it for the BOB, which was also listed as an excluded brand. I even got an email from Albee when the shipping was delayed and spoke to a live person, all of whom referenced the price I paid and didn't have a problem with it.

ahrimie
03-07-2011, 02:22 AM
Just wanted to add for future readers that I really love the G-Luxe too. I just got mine the other day and can't wait to use it at the mall! I tried out several umbrellas at BuyBuyBaby and wasn't convinced about anything there.. after reading reviews of the G-Luxe, I bit the bullet!

The seat is very plush and cushy for an umbrella. Also, VERY light. You could probably throw the stroller box around if you wanted to. It was also very easy to assemble.

Open/Close is very easy.
Sunshade = AMAZING. I have the Bee- and loved the shade too... this one is just as good, maybe even better.
Recline Mechanism took a bit getting used to but now it's easy to lift up and recline.
The colored pad portion of the seat can be velcro-ed off too if you want to wash it.
Push = REALLY good for an umbrella, especially of this weight and with 2 handles. Owning 2 Bugaboos, I really didn't expect too much but I like the push much better than the Maclaren.
Beautiful colors too. I got Sebby (Teal) and it looks really nice and pricier than it really is.

sherezada
03-07-2011, 11:17 AM
{posted new thread}