PDA

View Full Version : Getting the yellow underarm stain out...

newg
02-27-2011, 03:05 PM
anyone have a good method??
I'm going through my closet and have a few cute, white button-up shirts, that I'd love to wear this spring/summer (now that I'm not pregnant and getting back to my normal size!)....but I noticed they have a little yellow under the arms.

Can I save them??

truly scrumptious
02-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Try Spray-n-wash - that is the only thing I've used that seems to get out set-in stains.

(I'm assuming you want to stay away from bleach. Otherwise that is an option for whites. I don't use it often, but once in a while it helps refresh a load of whites.)

jvs195
02-27-2011, 03:44 PM
I've tried everything and am not able to fix all of them. My usuals are Zout, Oxiclean soak and bright sunlight. If that doesn't work nothing will. I think it's the zinc or something in antiperspirant/deoderant that makes the stains and not actual human stains or it would come out more easily.

vludmilla
02-27-2011, 04:20 PM
I think maybe Bac-out helped with those or maybe it was just the smell that it removed.

newg
02-27-2011, 04:37 PM
hmmmmm.....maybe I'll try the oxy-clean soak first. I don't have much sunshine outside though, but the soaking may be enough.
I don't mind using bleach if I have to, but I didn't know if there was a better trick out there I wasn't aware of!

ohsara430
02-27-2011, 11:03 PM
Someone once recommended to me using sea salt and water to soak shirts in, I don't remember how much though. I never really do it since DH only wears the shirts under his dress shirts so no one sees them and they're not that bad :bag