PDA

View Full Version : Sound Machine for Toddler

swrc00
02-27-2011, 04:04 PM
DS has been sleeping in a toddler bed for several months. The transition was very easy. When we returned from traveling in December DS began banging on the door at nap time and bed time. He has always slept with the door closed because we have cats and dogs. He has had weeks in between where he has fallen asleep with no problems.I am wondering if some sort of noise machine or something like a sleep sheep would help. He currently has a Twilight Turtle.

We have tried leaving the light on and leaving the door open. DS actually closes the door and starts banging on it. I would love any thoughts or ideas. TIA

blue
02-27-2011, 04:46 PM
I use this sound machine for my 20 month old DS http://www.amazon.com/HoMedics-SS-2000-Relaxation-Machine-Nature/dp/B000F3QG0U/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1298839133&sr=1-1

One of the sounds (I think Waterfall) is the one we use. I will say that we bought it from a local store, and have had to buy a replacement twice since DS was born. So they haven't lasted that long with us, BUT ds has also dropped it on the floor many times :rolleye0014:.

Alternatives to buying a sound machine are: a radio tuned into a static channel or a fan (SO and I use a fan in our room).

HTH

StantonHyde
02-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Brookstone has a variety of models. I have one and DS has one. The other issue may be that he is mobile and likes banging around before going to sleep??? If he has trouble going to sleep, there is nothing better than the Sleep Fairy CD--you can't buy it on Amazon etc--you have to go to the Sleep Fairy site. But it is truly miraculous--basically guided imagery for kids. Works for toddlers to school age. The best money I ever spent--it was recommended here. Another reason why I love this board!!

BabyBearsMom
02-28-2011, 10:34 AM
I use an old ipod and an extra set of ipod speakers we have. I downloaded various white noise sounds from itunes and just use those. It was great, since we had the equipment already it was free.

lowrioh
02-28-2011, 11:20 AM
I use this sound machine for my 20 month old DS http://www.amazon.com/HoMedics-SS-2000-Relaxation-Machine-Nature/dp/B000F3QG0U/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1298839133&sr=1-1

One of the sounds (I think Waterfall) is the one we use.

HTH

:yeahthat:

We've had ours for 2 years and it is still going strong. We are about to buy a second one for DD2's room

indigo99
03-01-2011, 06:47 PM
DS LOVES his fisher price crib soother aquarium. He turns it on as soon as he gets into bed and watches the lights and listens to it as he goes to sleep. Then he turns it on first thing in the morning too. He's learned how to change the buttons on top to listen to music or the different sounds. The only down side is that sometimes he accidentally hits it during the night and turns it on, and we did have to tape over the volume control so he won't turn it up too loud. They don't make this one any more, but I got it at consignment for $5. One of my best purchases for DS ever!