PDA

View Full Version : Ride-on board for 7 year-old

NCGrandma
02-27-2011, 04:15 PM
My DGD will turn 7 just before her new baby brother or sister is born in July. She has said that she wants a stroller that has a ride-on board for her. She is tall for her age now (maybe 49") and weighs about 55 lbs so by July, she is likely to be a little taller/heavier.

Is it even worth considering this? If so, any suggested products? I saw a couple of ride-on boards on Amazon -- they either had lower weight limits or did not specify weight limit. Also, not sure whether this will be problematic for the adult pushing the stroller/board.

Any thoughts?

Mommaof3
02-27-2011, 06:16 PM
I can't imagine my 7 year old wanting any part of a stroller. I guess I am confused as to why she wouldn't be walking at that age or what about riding a bike or scooter?

arivecchi
02-27-2011, 06:47 PM
Check out the Mountain Buggy Free Rider. It converts into a scooter. It only works with Mountain Buggy strollers as of now.

roseyloxs
02-27-2011, 07:21 PM
The Bugaboo board and the MB Free Rider technically have a weight limit of 44lbs. The orbit baby skateboard is 50 lbs. The valco hitchhiker is 66 lbs and its universal if the stroller has two vertical bars in the rear.

All that being said I wouldn't be too concerned about the weight limits. I would be very curious about the Free Rider because your dd would be able to use it as a scooter as well but can attach it to the stroller when she gets tired. I bought my husband a razor scooter for xmas(to ride around with our ds). He is 30 lbs over the weight limit but it hasn't exploded yet.

http://mountainbuggy.com/dev2010/images/stories/mb_products/freerider/freerider_connected.jpg

crl
02-27-2011, 09:39 PM
Hmm, my seven year old does just fine walking or riding a scooter. I can't imagine trying to push that much extra weight, plus he is really tall. I think it would be awkward, at best, to push a stroller with him riding a board. I think I'd rather push with him sitting the footwell of a bob or something.

I have to say that if he asked to ride on a board I'd tell him no way.
Catherine