PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good double! (Preferably AT)

ShmooMoo613
02-27-2011, 04:58 PM
Hi Everyone - I have been looking at this board for over a year but only just got the courage to post!

I am looking for the perfect double stroller for me and my family. We currently have a single Mountain Buggy Urban Jungle. We are looking into either the Mountain Buggy Duo, Mountain Buggy Duet, Britax B-ready (or BOB - but if we were to go with that we will probably go with the Duo unless we find a better deal on BOB.)

We are looking for something with a great push, similar to the Mountain Buggy. We love the way it glides and basically pushes itself!! I'm also looking for something with a good canopy (I use an after market canopy on our mountain buggy - the sun is always in the baby's eyes!) a good basket, and room for a toddler and a newborn.

I like the idea of the Britax B-Ready; I like that both seats recline and I like that you can use it as a single or a double and it doesn't seem as "bus like" as other tandem strollers I've seen. It also has a great basket and a nice canopy. My concern is that it's not as easy of a push as the mountain buggy, and more similar to the uppababy (no offense to anyone, but I find it much heavier to push than my mountain buggy. We are very spoiled by the Mountain Buggy Push!)

We really like the idea of the Duet as well. I am concerned about putting so much stock in something that no one has tested or reviewed. My baby is small, so I know she would fit in it, at least for now, but I am concerned about the lack of room in the duet, both height wise and width wise. I am also concerned that it won't be as good of a push as the Duo, as the tires are not as substantial.

If anyone has any advice or even any other suggestions, please let me know!

Thanks!!

arivecchi
02-27-2011, 06:49 PM
I adore my Mountain Buggy Duo. Awesome push. Large canopies. Let me know if you have questions about that stroller.

roseyloxs
02-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Be the guinea pig; Get the duet!!!

newg
02-27-2011, 09:20 PM
I have an bumbleride indie twin and love it. Very easy to push with one hand with my 30lb toddler and 17lb 6month old. It also takes a variety of carseats.....and I can have DD2clicked in with her carseat and DD1 still has plenty of room on her side.