PDA

View Full Version : Last possible date to travel by AIR when pregnant?

sewarsh
02-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Title says it all...

SnuggleBuggles
02-27-2011, 08:54 PM
You'll need to ask your care provider. I think if they write you a note it won't matter what airline policy is. Plus, I guess you don't have to be 100% honest about your edd with the airline. I think 36-37w is the date though.

Beth

AnnieW625
02-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Southwest's policy is 38 weeks IIRC. I flew at 33 weeks with DD1 and was fine. I would've done the same with DD2 also. However I was going to my hometown so WCS had I gone into labor while I there I was only 25 minutes from the hospital and I would've delivered in a hospital where I was familair with the doctors and such. I would take that into account too.

eh613c
02-28-2011, 07:04 PM
I guess it depends on whether you have a high risk pregnancy. I would consult with your OB/GYN and get a note from them to show at the ticket counter.

nrp
02-28-2011, 07:09 PM
My OB has a different "rule" for whether you are flying over land or transatlantic/transpacific. His "over land" date is 35ish, I think, but his "over water" cut-off is around 30 weeks. I would just ask your OB/midwife.

ETA: My SIL is flying overseas around 30 weeks, and our OB (same one) said he can give her something to take that would help stop labor (magnesium maybe?) and if things started happening that she could call him from the plane and he could tell her some other things to do.

hillview
02-28-2011, 10:25 PM
My OB has a different "rule" for whether you are flying over land or transatlantic/transpacific. His "over land" date is 35ish, I think, but his "over water" cut-off is around 30 weeks. I would just ask your OB/midwife.

:yeahthat:
I went to Germany at 30 weeks and that was just about at the cut off for my OB. I flew locally (1-3 hr trips) til about 35 weeks.
/hillary

BabbyO
03-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Check with your OB/Midwife.

My doc just told me Aug. 10, which puts me at about 34 weeks. I think they all have their own comfort zone. My Dr may have also moved the timing for me because of how quickly my last labor and delivery were. Best to ask the doc.