PDA

View Full Version : most favorite appliance?

hillview
02-27-2011, 08:16 PM
I'd have to go with my keurig (well DH's) after that the toaster we got rocks. And I like my french door fridge with freezer on the bottom.

I regret the popcorn popper and ice cream maker we have.
/hillary

Mermanaid
02-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Does the French Press count?! Next would be the KitchenAid stand mixer.

jenmcadams
02-27-2011, 08:35 PM
I'd have to go with my keurig (well DH's) after that the toaster we got rocks. And I like my french door fridge with freezer on the bottom.

I regret the popcorn popper and ice cream maker we have.
/hillary

Can I ask what toaster you have? We just replaced ours that we got at our wedding 17 years ago and the new one doesn't work correctly and will be going back to Amazon...would love a recommendation :)

sunshine873
02-27-2011, 08:36 PM
I love, love, love my Cuisinart convection/toaster oven. It's our toaster, I bake in it, I broil in it, and I love the convection feature. It browns/crisps things so nicely!

elephantmeg
02-27-2011, 08:38 PM
the dishwasher. I would marry it in a heartbeat (mostly kidding)
then the kitchenaid mixer and the immersion blender

hillview
02-27-2011, 08:39 PM
Can I ask what toaster you have? We just replaced ours that we got at our wedding 17 years ago and the new one doesn't work correctly and will be going back to Amazon...would love a recommendation :)

We have this one
http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KMTT400SS-4-Slice-Toaster-Stainless/dp/B000CSNVGU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1298853471&sr=1-7

It was our 3rd in 3 years and really it rocks. It works perfectly every time and I love having the 4 slice option. It is $ but it has paid for itself in a few years as I have not had to replace it!
/hillary

vludmilla
02-27-2011, 08:49 PM
I love our Samsung french door refrigerator--perhaps more than anything, really like the front loading washing machine, and our new tiny microwave (Sanyo from Costco for $50) because it is so shallow that I still have counter space in front of it.
Could do without the convection toaster oven because of the space it occupies.

mezzona
02-27-2011, 08:51 PM
i find we use our microwave oven and toaster oven EVERY DAY. rarely ever use the regular oven. anyway, love our toaster oven. http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-CTO6301-Stainless-Steel-Convection/dp/B000PSW8TI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1298854272&sr=8-3

SnuggleBuggles
02-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Kitchenaid stand mixer.

I do like my air popper for popcorn b/c I don't have to use oil or anything and that saves calories.

Beth

BayGirl2
02-27-2011, 08:54 PM
High End Maytag Frong Loader Washer and Dryer on pedestals, and French Door refrigerator.

For small appliances it would have to be the crock pot/slow cooker.

ahrimie
02-27-2011, 08:58 PM
HANDS DOWN, our toaster oven. It's a double decker one so it's huge and it has a timer. I bake sweet potatoes in it all the time. I love that I can just set it and leave the room without having to worry about it. I RARELY use our regular oven--only if something won't fit in our toaster oven.

Also, our pressure cooker. We eat rice almost everyday (we're Korean so it's a meal staple). Mine talks to me too!

catsnkid
02-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Well yeah, I love dishwasher, best part of having a house. Couldn't live without micro either. For small appliances- rice cooker- love steaming dumplings in it! I like my food processor even though I only use it a few times a year.

swrc00
02-27-2011, 09:03 PM
I love my KitchenAid Mixer! I don't use it daily, but I love it when I need to use it.

KLD313
02-27-2011, 09:10 PM
I love my rice cooker because it makes great risotto and mac and cheese.

dec756
02-27-2011, 09:16 PM
keurig, blendtec blender and my kitchenaid :)

hillview
02-27-2011, 09:21 PM
I love my rice cooker because it makes great risotto and mac and cheese.

ok spill what do you have??

WatchingThemGrow
02-27-2011, 09:27 PM
My favorite appliance would have to be the GE Advantium oven. The halogen speedcooker makes weekday meals SO quick and easy. The fact that it browns stuff just like an oven, without any preheating, takes up no counter space, microwaves, AND has a regular oven feature also makes it impossible for me to live without it! I recently had a great experience getting it fixed (we broke the handle again)and GE service sent all the parts for free. Definitely getting one for my next house as well. Having it *UP* high means that my 3 little roamers aren't near anything hot like the stovetop, the oven, etc.

If a vacuum is considered an appliance, the Miele may be over the Advantium. Hmmm...

09Mom
02-27-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm going to go with the "galloping gourmet" I got back in 1992. At least once a week I take a whole chicken, put some Tonys cachere on it turn the dial and an hour later it's done. It auto shuts off if I am late. Cooks all sides at the same time and I love that the glass bowl goes in the dishwasher for very easy cleaning.

larig
02-27-2011, 09:42 PM
I love, love, love my Cuisinart convection/toaster oven. It's our toaster, I bake in it, I broil in it, and I love the convection feature. It browns/crisps things so nicely!

We got one for xmas--it ROCKS!

I also love our rice cooker (steel cut oatmeal--yum!) & my newish 11 speed kitchen aid hand mixer (it's so quiet)--3 years ago I would have said cuisinart & kitchen aid stand mixer, but my mom broke my 15 year old cuisinart bowl, and my stand mixer is just not new anymore, but still a work horse for pizza dough.

sste
02-27-2011, 09:48 PM
Maybe not what you meant but I ADORE my medela freestyle breastpump. I formerly had an ameda that everyone else really liked but for whatever reason it stressed me out and hurt and involved more washing of little parts and plugging in. I am totally a Freestyle woman now and have begun to personify this pump and feel almost as if we (the pump and I) have a relationship!

Other than that my most favorite appliance that I DON'T have would be a convection microwave. I want one bad . . .

hillview
02-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Maybe not what you meant but I ADORE my medela freestyle breastpump. I formerly had an ameda that everyone else really liked but for whatever reason it stressed me out and hurt and involved more washing of little parts and plugging in. I am totally a Freestyle woman now and have begun to personify this pump and feel almost as if we (the pump and I) have a relationship!

Ok I just spit beer. Glad it is a hit :) :jammin::jammin:

smiles33
02-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Love our Miele gas cooktop (it is amazing!). I think it has most impacted my life as the food is just amazing with such high heat.

Also pretty happy with our Samsung French door fridge and Bosch dishwasher but they met my expectations but haven't been as impressive.

KLD313
02-27-2011, 10:01 PM
ok spill what do you have??

It's Wolfgang Puck from HSN believe it or not. It was super cheap and I used the recipes that come with it. I change out the veggies in the risotto but it always comes out good and the mac n cheese is yummy and EASY!!

willow33
02-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Magic Bullet blender and Cuisinart single-serve coffee maker - uses k-cups, but holds much more water and it looks nicer too :)

AnnieW625
02-27-2011, 10:31 PM
It would be a tie between my Kitchen Aid Artisan mixer in pistachio green, and my 10 yr. old Sharp microwave.

JoyNChrist
02-27-2011, 10:35 PM
My dishwasher. You can have food that it stuck on like concrete, and it'll get it off with no pre-washing whatsoever. I used to HATE doing dishes, but my dishwasher has made it such a breeze.

ilfaith
02-27-2011, 10:38 PM
I guess we're talking about kitchen appliances and not the kind that resides in my night table drawer.

I guess the Keurig gets the most use (way more than the "bedroom" appliance)

vludmilla
02-27-2011, 11:22 PM
My dishwasher. You can have food that it stuck on like concrete, and it'll get it off with no pre-washing whatsoever. I used to HATE doing dishes, but my dishwasher has made it such a breeze.

What make and model is your wonderful dishwasher? I'm in the market for a new one sometime soon. :)

fumofu
02-28-2011, 02:07 AM
KitchenAid stand mixer (plus attachments), DeLonghi coffee/espresso/cap combo, Cuisinart toaster oven.

Not much use but still love when I get to them: Waring Pro waffle iron, KitchenAid blender.

momm
02-28-2011, 09:10 AM
My food processor!!!!

Chop, grind, puree :heartbeat:

thomma
02-28-2011, 09:25 AM
My heavy duty kitchenaid stand mixer...15 years old and works like a charm!!

Also got an electric griddle recently...made the world of pancakes and grilled cheeses easier to navigate.