PDA

View Full Version : RSVP Follow Up: What to say

secchick
02-28-2011, 12:18 PM
So we still have a number of RSVPs outstanding for DC's upcoming birthday party, and we had requested responses by last week. I have everyone's email addresses, so I was just going to send out a quick note and wanted to convey a message of -- Hope you are able to come!-- without hitting specifically on the point that they haven't yet responded. How would you word it?

lizzywednesday
02-28-2011, 12:23 PM
I had to do this for my sister's shower and I was not tactful, but the people from whom I had not heard weren't exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer, so they probably didn't realize I hadn't been tactful.

If I had it to do over, I'd phrase it along the lines of "We/I were/was going over the guest list for DC's party and realized we'd/I'd not yet heard from you. Please let us know one way or the other."

But, again, tact is not my strong point.

hillview
02-28-2011, 12:28 PM
When I am late to RSVP I usually get an email saying words to the effect of
"Hi we are finalizing the list and wondering if you and DC would be able to join XYZ child to celebrate" I never feel like the host is rude only that I am rude and I respond immediately!
/hillary

ThreeofUs
02-28-2011, 01:08 PM
I always call and say something simple I think people will get:

"Hi! I'm finalizing the list for the party food. Please let me know so I can be sure to have enough cake, ice cream, brownies (or whatever other other great treats) there for everyone."

I always get responses. ;)

boilermakermom
02-28-2011, 01:34 PM
I tend to call instead of emailing...'Hi! I just wanted to make sure you rec'd LO's birthday party invite. Do you think you'll be able to make it?'

o_mom
02-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Any of the PPs wordings would work for me. I would make sure you only e-mail the people who haven't responded (not the whole invite list) and do it as a BCC so that they don't feel publically called out for not responding. If the list of non-responders is short, then you could call as well.