PDA

View Full Version : Amazon "PRIME"???? Heavy sarcasm

momm
02-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrr why on earth would you call it Prime, free two day shipping etc if the orders are CONSISTENTLY late? and not because of weather or anything like that????

lol - looks like I've been spoiled by Amazon..

Still.. it's frustrating when I depend on diapers reaching here in two days - no?

AnnieW625
02-28-2011, 06:05 PM
I think Amazon Prime has officially jumped the shark, and is too big for it's britches now.

mom2khj
02-28-2011, 06:47 PM
What's the deal? I haven't had any shipping time problems, but my diapers have been OOS for over a week now. I ended up placing an order from BRU with the shoprunner trial so I could get free 2 day shipping.

This is the first time Amazon Mom/Prime has let me down! I hope it doesn't become a regular occurrence!

lhafer
02-28-2011, 07:10 PM
I do have to say (and I hope I don't jinx myself here), but Amazon has never let me down. And I have placed 27 orders in the last 6 months! I am a heavy Amazon user, and always have been.

Sorry that orders are late for you. Is it Amazon or a 3rd party seller?

g-mama
02-28-2011, 07:31 PM
I have never had a single problem. Our orders often come the next day, and are often delivered by an individual driver in their normal car. Sorry to hear you're not getting good customer service.

artvandalay
02-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Oh that's a bummer. I have not had any problems with Prime. I use buy so much stuff on there, it's not even funny, and everything comes in 2 days. I've also had to deal with their CS on a few things, and got great service.

The only time diapers were late was during the blizzard, which was completely understandable, no one could even make it down our cul de sac.

veronica
02-28-2011, 07:55 PM
I've never had an issue either. In fact, they overnighted a bar of fels naptha via fedex just to meet prime deadlines, two weeks ago. the only time it "feels" longer than two days, is when i order near a weekend or the items specifically lists a longer ship date.

Kaylee31
02-28-2011, 08:03 PM
I have never had a single problem. Our orders often come the next day, and are often delivered by an individual driver in their normal car. Sorry to hear you're not getting good customer service.

:yeahthat: And I order from Amazon at least once a week. :bag It may also be a factor of where you live, and how far you're located from their nearest warehouse/fulfillment center. I know there's one not too far from me in PA, so I often get my orders in 1 day, and never more than 2.

mackmama
02-28-2011, 08:06 PM
I haven't had any problems either. I'm sorry to hear your shipments are late!

MommyAllison
02-28-2011, 08:10 PM
That's a bummer! I haven't had anything be late either. I've read on these boards though, that if you contact them nicely about your order being late, they might credit your account some $ (I think $10?). Might be a worth a try, especially if you are having it happen consistently.

arivecchi
02-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Oh that's a bummer. I have not had any problems with Prime. I use buy so much stuff on there, it's not even funny, and everything comes in 2 days. I've also had to deal with their CS on a few things, and got great service.

The only time diapers were late was during the blizzard, which was completely understandable, no one could even make it down our cul de sac.:yeahthat:

I am completely dependent on Amazon now! I order pretty much everything there and it always arrives in two days or faster. Love it!

artvandalay
02-28-2011, 09:33 PM
double post

artvandalay
02-28-2011, 09:36 PM
:yeahthat:

I am completely dependent on Amazon now! I order pretty much everything there and it always arrives in two days or faster. Love it!

:yeahthat: I am going to panic when my prime runs out in October. How on earth will I make it through the Christmas shopping season! I am so spoiled now!

wellyes
02-28-2011, 10:29 PM
I paid for Prime before Amazon mom and will pay for it again once my trial runs out. Multiple orders per week: diapers, kitchen stuff, groceries / bulk goods / paper goods, electronics, office supplies, pet food, makeup. Like PPs, I haven't had a problem with shipments being late except the occasional blizzard. I am wondering if it's an issue with your local UPS?

ett
02-28-2011, 10:29 PM
I order from Amazon a lot and have not had any problems except for weather related issues.

elliput
02-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Is it possible that you are not placing the orders before the shipping cut off time? This would delay your orders.

essnce629
03-01-2011, 05:39 AM
I've never had an issue ever and I placed 33 orders just during the month of December alone! I usually order at least one thing a week through Amazon and I've actually had things arrive in one day instead of two. My flushable diaper liners always arrive in one day!

JTsMom
03-01-2011, 09:19 AM
I've been ordering a lot from Amazon b/c I've been finding great S&S deals, but my orders are almost always late. Recently, for example, I ordered a baby gate that arrived on day 8. EIGHT! Day 3 is annoying, but 8 is just ridiculous. I can think of at least 5 other recent orders that were late as well.

I can't see paying for the service b/c it isn't even close to being as promised.

mommylamb
03-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Sorry you're having Prime problems. I've never had problems with it, but I imagine I'm pretty close to a warehouse because even before I had Prime, my shipments would show up within a day or two most of the time.

Amazon should continue to extend our prime. I buy so much more through them now that I have Prime than I ever did before. My prime runs out in July right now. :-(

egoldber
03-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Like many PP, I often get my Prime orders in one day. We place many Amazon orders a month (we do some S&S and DH orders a lot for his business) and in many years have only had one or two items go astray. DH recently had one item not show up, and Amazon overnighted it to him. The other item evetually showed up a couple weeks later.

It sounds to me like an issue with your local UPS office. Do you track your Amazon orders? Then you can see where it is and perhaps see where the hold up is.

Sorry you are having so many issues though. I seriously don't know what I do without Prime anymore!

momm
03-01-2011, 09:58 AM
that's very interesting! a majority of you never had prime issues. I've been having them for a few orders now.
hmmm.. I wonder. Must be the proximity of the warehouse thing then.

It was just diapers, and I ordered from Amazon.

DebbieJ
03-01-2011, 11:00 AM
I had a box of diapers go missing once, but otherwise I haven't had any issues.

Sometimes the diapers come via a courier-type service, not via UPS or FedEX. I wonder if that is the issue?

Neelloc
03-01-2011, 11:09 AM
The only issues I have had are when we had snowstorms and my shipments were delayed by a day or 2.

PAfirsttimemom
03-01-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm annoyed because I was expecting a diaper delivery yesterday. Still hasn't shown up. We're out of regular dipes so I have been blowing through my overnight ones. Now I'm going to have to order those again!

arivecchi
03-01-2011, 11:46 AM
I would imagine that posters who live far away from warehouses or in remote areas could have issues even with Prime depending on the reliability of their local delivery people.

Where I live, UPS and Fedex are just awesome so I always get my shipments in time.

http://www.amazon.com/Locations-Careers/b?ie=UTF8&node=239366011

JTsMom
03-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Kentucky isn't that far from Atlanta. I'm not sure what the problem is with my stuff. It seems it doesn't even leave Amazon on time some of the times.

Recently, I ordered a bunch of baby stuff for my niece in FL. One box was showing as on time, the other was showing up "info not available". It was for a shower gift, so I was watching it to make sure it would get there on time, and I eventually had to call Amazon 3 times, UPS once, and they never did find the darn thing. Amazon did end up overnighting it for me, but I was ticked b/c it was supposed to go to my mom's so she could wrap it for me, but b/c it was so late, I had to overnight it directly to DN's mom.

I've had diapers show up late, computer speakers, etc., and that's just over the past month. I should look at my orders and count how many were late.

ETA: Right now, I have 4 things that should be arriving today. 2 should make it, 2 are still out of state- 1 in IN, one in KY.

It only lets me see the tracking info since mid January, but of those orders, 3 out of 17 were late. I thought it was worse, but I think a higher % of my late Jan/Dec. orders were late.

Dream
03-02-2011, 11:22 AM
So far I haven't had any problems with amazon, I order a lot from them. They usually arrive the next day or in 2 days as promised.

longamkl
03-02-2011, 02:41 PM
I've had two items that have taken almost a full 10 days to arrive. They claim that the non-toxic, biodegradable cleaning solution cartridges we use for our cat's litter box is "hazardous" so they can't travel by air. So the only warehouse appears to be on the opposite side of the country and invariably the shipments get hung up due to "extreme weather". I've asked about what exactly is so hazardous and although they told me they would get back to me within 48 hours, that time has come and gone and I haven't had a response. I cancelled our Subscribe and Save and ordered a large stockpile from another company because we can't afford to be without. The litter box stops cleaning itself when the cartridges run out of solution. The house has smelled gross for the past 10 days.

I've also had one box of diapers that went missing around Christmas time but they did eventually straighten that out. Not hugely impressed at this point.

YouAreTheFocus
03-02-2011, 03:29 PM
I would imagine that posters who live far away from warehouses or in remote areas could have issues even with Prime depending on the reliability of their local delivery people.

Where I live, UPS and Fedex are just awesome so I always get my shipments in time.

http://www.amazon.com/Locations-Careers/b?ie=UTF8&node=239366011

This was very educational--I had no idea Amazon owns Zappos! Or IMDb. Or dpreview. Interesting!

BabyMine
03-04-2011, 08:15 PM
I've had two items that have taken almost a full 10 days to arrive. They claim that the non-toxic, biodegradable cleaning solution cartridges we use for our cat's litter box is "hazardous" so they can't travel by air. So the only warehouse appears to be on the opposite side of the country and invariably the shipments get hung up due to "extreme weather". I've asked about what exactly is so hazardous and although they told me they would get back to me within 48 hours, that time has come and gone and I haven't had a response. I cancelled our Subscribe and Save and ordered a large stockpile from another company because we can't afford to be without. The litter box stops cleaning itself when the cartridges run out of solution. The house has smelled gross for the past 10 days.

I've also had one box of diapers that went missing around Christmas time but they did eventually straighten that out. Not hugely impressed at this point.

Depending on which model of the Cat Genie you have there is someone who hacked the cartridge and found out how to make it always work. You can also use your own solution. If you have the newer model then it won't work. We are upgrading ours soon.