PDA

View Full Version : What are you stressed about???

Melaine
03-01-2011, 07:34 AM
REALLY?
I have a diagnosed anxiety disorder, I am a stay at home mom who NEVER gets any time off, I had to take my children with me to the dentist yesterday because we don't have a babysitter, I weaned myself off Prozac because of the wicked weight gain, I'm now eating less than 1400 calories a day to try to lose the Prozac weight. Don't even get me started on the fact that DH and I are having a HUGE difference of opinion that effects me every single day.

The dentist says my tooth pain is caused by my grinding my teeth, and that is caused by stress.

DH says, "what are you stressed about?"

:banghead:

ETA: SO sorry, this is clearly not a bargain, but a BP.

fortato
03-01-2011, 08:35 AM
I totally understand.

DH can't understand why I don't want to have sex.... Um... I would MUCH rather get that extra 15 minutes of sleep. I'm exhausted, it's been a long winter, I have an 8 month old who is trying desperately to walk. The 4 year old won't.shut.up.

"But, you're on prozac... why are you unhappy? What if you got up earlier and exercised?" Really? REALLY? REALLLLY?

He's lucky he left with his testicles in place.

ETA-
Oops- I got so caught up in the moment...
This thread belongs somewhere else.

Melaine
03-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Thanks for commiserating....yeah I totally spaced and posted in the wrong forum. It was definitely meant for the BP but I guess the bargain alert is just too familiar for me!

WolfpackMom
03-01-2011, 09:45 AM
Sorry DH was a bonehead:banghead: I think my DH knows if he even tried to say that to me he would get a 15 minute tirade about exactly what I am stressed about!

LMPC
03-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Melaine, I think that you posting this to the bargains forum was a subconscious expression of a need for retail therapy ;)

Sorry to hear that your (right now not so D)H has misplaced his ability to be empathic. :hug:

DietCokeLover
03-01-2011, 10:08 AM
I'm sorry things are rough right now and DH is not being more caring. I know you posted about the girls in childcare at the Y, can you utilize that more? Or maybe do a date night childcare swap with another couple so you and DH can have some decompress time?

Hang in there.... I'm just a phone call away if you need someone.

bubbaray
03-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Have you considered a night guard for your teeth? I'm not kidding -- my dentist was on my case for YEARS about grinding and I finally got one. OMG. Seriously. It has changed my life. I sleep soooo much better now!

I have an equally clueless DH. So I can totally relate.

:grouphug:

crl
03-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Time for him to take the girls for a weekend while you go away! Since it is nothing to be stressed about. Right?

Sorry he is clueless.

Catherine

DebbieJ
03-01-2011, 10:55 AM
I have been clenching/grinding my teeth at night again, too. Ugh.

DH recently suggested I go off the Zoloft due to weight gain. I don't think he had a head left when I was done with him.

carolinamama
03-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Staying home with kids is one of the most stressful things I have ever done. Seriously. That alone is enough to stress you out big time. Sorry your H is being a jerk about your stress. Hope you can find some peace and get a break soon.

niccig
03-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Have you considered a night guard for your teeth? I'm not kidding -- my dentist was on my case for YEARS about grinding and I finally got one. OMG. Seriously. It has changed my life. I sleep soooo much better now!

I have an equally clueless DH. So I can totally relate.

:grouphug:

DH and I both need to get a night guard. He broke his tooth last month and I have pain in my upper jaw from clenching my teeth when I sleep. The dentist told me to get an over the counter one until she can get approval for a custom made one - I have sensitive gag reflex so I had to trim the over the counter one a lot to make it fit fine. But it's OK.

DH and I joke that we're going to have matching night guard cases on the bed side tables, and if either of us want's to have sex, we'll have to take them out...talk about a mood killer :ROTFLMAO:

A big pooh to your DH...get a night guard, try to grab a few moments a day where you can unwind and come to vent... :grouphug:

Melaine
03-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Melaine, I think that you posting this to the bargains forum was a subconscious expression of a need for retail therapy ;)

You are SO right!!!:rotflmao:

Thanks guys. I took the girls to childcare at the Y this morning and took a yoga class. So I do feel, temporarily, better. I guess I just don't think that DH understands that stress is constant for me, whether I am the midst of a traumatic event or not. It's really not his fault that he doesn't understand and I'm glad that he doesn't have this kind of anxiety to deal with. But acting surprised that I am stressed seems a tad ignorant!

Melaine
03-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Yes, I got a night guard yesterday! I tried wearing it and could not fall asleep. I will try again tonight though. I think actually making the mold, when you have to clench your teeth into the softened plastic, actually made my jaw sore. I will try again and hope to have some relief.

Indianamom2
03-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Staying home with kids is one of the most stressful things I have ever done. Seriously. That alone is enough to stress you out big time. Sorry your H is being a jerk about your stress. Hope you can find some peace and get a break soon.

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat: :yeahthat::

Being a SAHM is way more work than most working dads can imagine. And when you don't ever get a real break (and I'm not talking about getting to go to the dentist WITHOUT kids, but able to get out and do something fun) it adds a ton of stress.

I'm right there with you....including the anxiety diagnosis (and all the ER medical bills to prove it!). Hope things improve ASAP.:hug:

kdeunc
03-01-2011, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=fortato;3056477]What if you got up earlier and exercised?" Really? REALLY? REALLLLY?
QUOTE]

:yeahthat: If DH suggests one more time that I am tired because I am not exercising I might exercise by beating him in the head. Just maybe I am exhausted because I am with 1 to 3 of these kids all.the.time. It is not "me time" to pee alone. It is sad when you think your stress level might go down if you got a job!

KDsMommy
03-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Ugggg...:grouphug: I can totally relate.
I'm going through a nasty divorce right now. The threat of my DS being kidnapped and removed from the U.S. is a constant... currently H only has court-supervised visits. DS and I both have a restraining order against him, but we're going to court on Thursday for that...the judge will then determine what will happen, if they will be extended or not. I'm so stressed I can barely function.

DrSally
03-01-2011, 11:02 PM
I'm so sorry!

firemama
03-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Ugh! I feel for you! i'm glad you got to take your kids to the Y and do something for yourself!

niccig
03-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Ugggg...:grouphug: I can totally relate.
I'm going through a nasty divorce right now. The threat of my DS being kidnapped and removed from the U.S. is a constant... currently H only has court-supervised visits. DS and I both have a restraining order against him, but we're going to court on Thursday for that...the judge will then determine what will happen, if they will be extended or not. I'm so stressed I can barely function.

Oh no, that is scary. Does you DS have a passport? If he does, make sure you have it in a secure location. You can also put a block on your DS's name so that a new passport isn't issued to him. I'm sorry you're going through this.