PDA

View Full Version : This is the worst DWTS cast I've ever seen.

Fairy
03-01-2011, 11:10 AM
I mean, seriously, even the first season's D-List cast was more exciting than this. There ain't a one of 'em that makes me want to watch. I guess I'm rooting for Ralph Machio, but make that a big yawn of a root, and I won't be watching, so scratch that, I guess.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/02/28/dancing-with-the-stars-cast-ralph-macchio/

boolady
03-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Yikes. That is bad.

wendibird22
03-01-2011, 11:17 AM
I'll watch it for Wendy Williams. I watch The Soup weekly and they are always highlighting her craziness. I never watch her show but I'm certain she'll be a train wreck.

Speaking of train wrecks, too bad the timing wasn't better or perhaps they could've tapped Charlie Sheen to compete. I'm pretty sure he'd go on record saying that he has mad dancing skills and would win it.

BabyMine
03-01-2011, 11:18 AM
I know what The Soup will be talking about as long as Wendy Williams is on.

BillK
03-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Being a Steelers Fan - Hines Ward is the only one that interests me.

Now if they could have had Wendy "O" Williams - I might be excited.... :rotflmao:

TwinFoxes
03-01-2011, 11:31 AM
I agree even though I don't watch. I thought the cast for the season before last was good, the one with Ochocinco. I do like Hines Ward. Having Wendy Williams is just prolonging her vague celebrity for another month or two. I will definitely be loving the soup for the next few months.

sewarsh
03-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Nice....Heinz! But i won't be watching it as I never did before.

calv
03-01-2011, 01:00 PM
OMG I'm hardly interested in watching at all. Seriously? what a blah choice of people. YUCK!

wellyes
03-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Romeo will win, unless that Disney Channel chick's life goal has trained her whole life to be a "triple threat" (which is likely).

Being a Steelers Fan - Hines Ward is the only one that interests me.

I dunno how far he'll make it. Pittsburghers loves Hines Ward, as do (in general) Korean-Americans since as far as I know, he's the only Korean NFLer. But his dirty playing style doesn't make him a beloved national icon. He's no Sugar Ray Leonard.

veronica
03-01-2011, 01:07 PM
hasn't Ralph been on Broadway? I wonder how much dance training he may have had......he will likely blow everyone away!

For years, I have so wanted to see kelly ripa and her husband compete!

BabyBearsMom
03-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Seriously! A DJ!! A DJ is not a star!

But I have to say that The Soup will have a field day with Wendy Williams on the show. I :heartbeat: Joe McHale!

AnnieW625
03-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Personally this is the most B level cast they have ever had (since maybe the first season), and I kind of like that. No names so I think that's why no one is super excited about it. I can't believe Psycho Mike from a local morning show is going to be on; he's even more obscure than Adam Corolla was. That was the original concept of the show was to bring B level celebs. back into the limelight.

For years, I have so wanted to see kelly ripa and her husband compete!

Yes I would love that too.

If any of you like Ralph Macchio (sp) check out his guest appearances on Entourage. He's kind of raunchy and definitely not the Karate Kid!

:bag exits stage left and starts counting down the days till March 21st.

MommyofAmaya
03-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Interesting. I have never watched DWTS. Ever. I would consider catching a few episodes this season though b/c I am interested in Ralph, Kirstie, Kendra, and Wendy.

sewarsh
03-01-2011, 02:04 PM
I dunno how far he'll make it. Pittsburghers loves Hines Ward, as do (in general) Korean-Americans since as far as I know, he's the only Korean NFLer. But his dirty playing style doesn't make him a beloved national icon. He's no Sugar Ray Leonard.

Nevermind, I deleted my post, but I strongly disagree that Heinz Ward is dirty playing style. Players don't like him becuase he's that much better than them.
He's a great leader, awesome football player, does a ton for charity, is well respected and is contstantly smiling on and off the field.

wellyes
03-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Nevermind, I deleted my post, but I strongly disagree that Heinz Ward is dirty playing style. Players don't like him becuase he's that much better than them.
He's a great leader, awesome football player, does a ton for charity, is well respected and is contstantly smiling on and off the field.

Just to be clear, I'm a native Pittsburgher and I love the guy. He is a genuine sweetiepie. Moved away and was surprised by the mostly negative reaction to him outside the Burgh.

sewarsh
03-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Just to be clear, I'm a native Pittsburgher and I love the guy. He is a genuine sweetiepie. Moved away and was surprised by the mostly negative reaction to him outside the Burgh.

Oh, I thought maybe you were a Ravens or Jets fan.
:rotflmao:

Seriously though I know he gets a bad rap, but *I* think its fantastic!

:)

BillK
03-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Hines ward "finishes" every play and plays to the end of every play - UNlike many other players (Randy Moss for example...). Hence the bad rap for being a "dirty" player. If the plays not over and there's a hit to be made - Hines is gonna make it - rather than just quitting on the play. That's football and that's playing hard and earning his millions - rather than just walking away from a play when he's not the intended target.

wendibird22
03-01-2011, 04:27 PM
OMG Ralph Macchio is 49! When did that happen? It's funny because Sugar Ray seems like the "old" guy of the cast but he's only 5yrs older than Ralph.

Rainbows&Roses
03-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Yup, awful. We watch this as a family and usually look forward to it. I am generally not too excited about the cast, but this one truly is awful as a whole.

Fairy
03-01-2011, 05:13 PM
And for me it's even more about who I *don't* want to see. Kirstie Alley? Can't stand her in any measure. So, as the "big star" member, she's doing it even less for me than your run of the mill D-Lister. Last year's lineup was phenomenal. What happened? Now we have a DJ? Is he even heavily syndicated? I'm just puzzled. Totally not watching, don't care who wins.

mom2binsd
03-01-2011, 07:01 PM
I could not agree more with you all! Yuck is all I can say, not at all interested and I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

elektra
03-01-2011, 07:11 PM
And for me it's even more about who I *don't* want to see. Kirstie Alley? Can't stand her in any measure. So, as the "big star" member, she's doing it even less for me than your run of the mill D-Lister. Last year's lineup was phenomenal. What happened? Now we have a DJ? Is he even heavily syndicated? I'm just puzzled. Totally not watching, don't care who wins.

Kirstie Alley is so grating! I really cannot stand her either. If I do watch this season (I really enjoy this show overall) I will most definitely have to fast forward anything where she is opening her mouth.

Even I barely know who Psycho Mike is and I listen to that radio show sometimes! The only thing I could think of as to why they would include him and that is because he must be good looking. Well I think I may be right on that. (So maybe it's not a total loss. ;))

AnnieW625
03-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Even I barely know who Psycho Mike is and I listen to that radio show sometimes! The only thing I could think of as to why they would include him and that is because he must be good looking. Well I think I may be right on that. (So maybe it's not a total loss. ;))

Kevin or Bean said the exact same thing this morning. I didn't realize that he was the co host of Loveline now so more people may know who he is. He was just their fill in sports guy for a while a few years back. I had no idea he had such a sordid past (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Catherwood) though as I thought Kevin and Bean were just making fun of him for juicing and such.

Not too sure about Kirstie Alley either so I hear ya there.

BigDog
03-01-2011, 09:03 PM
I avoid DWTS, never watched an episode... until this season kicks off! When I heard this morning that Wendy Williams will be on it I was psyched! I LOVE her! Can't wait to tune in!

cheri
03-01-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm excited that Hines Ward is on the show. I love him.

I remember when he was an incoming freshman at UGA (I was an orientation leader). He was adorable then and still is now.

lchang25000
03-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Very interested in watching Kendra and Petra dance. I have a strange feeling Petra will do great, but who knows???