PDA

View Full Version : I am so excited!

arivecchi
03-01-2011, 01:32 PM
The Avio should be arriving today! :boogie:

legaleagle
03-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Ha, I thought you were going to post that you had it in your hot little hands!

arivecchi
03-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Not yet! Hopefully it will be home when I get there tonight!

DS1 picked out the color so I hope he helps me out tonight by being a good sport and trying it out.

salsah
03-01-2011, 05:18 PM
can't wait to see your review and pics! you are going to love the fold!

arivecchi
03-01-2011, 05:19 PM
I am super curious about the legendary inglesina fold!

liamsmom
03-01-2011, 05:28 PM
I was thinking about this earlier today. I'm excited for your photos! :D

salsah
03-01-2011, 05:43 PM
I am super curious about the legendary inglesina fold!

it's like the bj, but better because it stands.

inglesina's are classic. everyone should have one in their stash.

ijopint
03-01-2011, 06:56 PM
I must be missing in action...

you finally want the Avio! WOW!
We have the Zippy. DH and the nanny love-love it.
Tried Avio in store in NYC ,it glides almost like the Bee IMO .. but slicker ,very modern design. Is this made IN ITALY as well?

citymama
03-01-2011, 07:47 PM
That's one stroller I'm actually interested in! Long time Inglesina customer here. Tell us how it rides!

poohbear
03-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Well? It's 6:27 - surely speeeddeeeee got there by now with your Avio. I mean unless the Speedee truck is on the side of the Kennedy like DH said he saw last week. Let's hope not.... ;)

liamsmom
03-01-2011, 09:08 PM
No news is good news, right? :ROTFLMAO:

mackmama
03-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Oh I must be behind - I didn't know you added to your stash! So excited for you, and I look forward to seeing pics and a review! :)

ETA: I didn't know anything about the Avio and just read a bit about it. Wow! It looks amazing. I also love that green color. It seems similar to the Bee... Does anyone know how it compares to the Bee and how it's different? I wish the Bee wasn't so low to the ground.

scriptkitten
03-01-2011, 10:31 PM
what?? a new stroller??? :)

roseyloxs
03-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Does anyone know how it compares to the Bee and how it's different? I wish the Bee wasn't so low to the ground.

The obvious difference is that the avio is not parent-facing but its also only 3/4 of the price or half if you found it on sale like Arivecchi of course did.

Did you find the baby gizmo or strollerqueen reviews because both of them reviewed it. Baby Gizmo even made a comparison video between the avio and the zippy.

arivecchi
03-02-2011, 12:05 AM
It's going back. :(

Already called diapers for the return tag. I am just not that impressed with it. The push is really nice but the seat is too small for DS1. The stroller came in a million pieces (really Inglesina? that's ridiculous). Several components are individually packaged in plastic so it is a PITA to unwrap and assemble. The stroller feels a bit rickety to me - kind of like the Peg Aria at my mom's though not quite as bad. I like more solid feeling strollers. Plus DH said it looks cheap. Final nail in the coffin.

We will stick with Al. He is more handsome anyway. ;)

Beth24
03-02-2011, 12:34 AM
Sorry you didn't like it but glad you got it out of your system! :tongue5:

roseyloxs
03-02-2011, 02:12 AM
It's going back. :(

Already called diapers for the return tag. I am just not that impressed with it. The push is really nice but the seat is too small for DS1. The stroller came in a million pieces (really Inglesina? that's ridiculous). Several components are individually packaged in plastic so it is a PITA to unwrap and assemble. The stroller feels a bit rickety to me - kind of like the Peg Aria at my mom's though not quite as bad. I like more solid feeling strollers. Plus DH said it looks cheap. Final nail in the coffin.

We will stick with Al. He is more handsome anyway. ;)

ouch, rickety is a death nail for me(although what doesn't feel rickety after pushing the Terrain around?)! Well that drops the avio from my wish list. How was the fold? basket?

Multimama
03-02-2011, 03:42 AM
kind of like the Peg Aria at my mom's though not quite as bad.

To be honest, I was totally baffled by the Avio purchase. I don't think it looks like a less expensive Bee. I think it looks like a more expensive P3. And while it may be nice stroller to use from birth if you don't care about parent-facing, I just couldn't see it working for an older child.

But glad you got it out of your system. And that you didn't share the 1/2 off deal so I wasn't tempted! (It seems insanely overpriced to me.) I wish Inglesina had bought the Zippy Free to the US instead.

blondflava
03-02-2011, 08:17 AM
No comparison to Al ;)... I admit, I was baffled too by the Avio, it's almost as expensive as the Bee (saw the retail prices whew!!). But as much as it looks cute, it's not that special. Sorry you were disappointed though :hug5:.

arivecchi
03-02-2011, 11:24 AM
I have no idea why I was so intrigued by it, but yes, it's out of my system now. I must say the push was great, but the seat was way too short for a child over 3 I would say. Maclarens can be used much longer and DS1 did not look strange in the Ryder while he did look too big for the Avio. I did not even get to unpack the basket. I was so sure right away that I did not want it that it went right into the box. It would be a great little stroller for car/mall use, but I like my Macs and Swift for that.

I do think it is overpriced. I think a fair price for it would be $299.

arivecchi
03-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Here are some pics. I will take them down soon.

https://picasaweb.google.com/LPMomChitown/Avio?authkey=Gv1sRgCMKV4dfcjorJcg#

Multimama
03-02-2011, 11:35 AM
All your pics did was make me remember how much I love Al. :D But thanks for checking it out for us!

I would be interested if it had a reversible seat. Especially if it had a reversible seat and price tag closer to $299.

I can't wait for the Cruz to come out and to see what people think about that.

liamsmom
03-02-2011, 11:46 AM
All your pics did was make me remember how much I love Al. :D But thanks for checking it out for us!

I would be interested if it had a reversible seat. Especially if it had a reversible seat and price tag closer to $299.

I can't wait for the Cruz to come out and to see what people think about that.

:yeahthat: All of that. The Avio looks cool, I like the higher-sitting seat, but it's expensive for what it is and it sounds like a pain. Bummer...

I'm seriously considering the Cruz when it comes out. Sometime this summer, right?

ijopint
03-02-2011, 12:01 PM
thank you MAMA! for posting the pics.
too bad Avio didn't passed your discriminating test.
it is comparable to Bee IMO one handed push or maybe b/c I was only pushing my baby. Al still is the winner huh?

mackmama
03-02-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm sorry you didn't like it. That's a bummer when you were so excited. As others said, at least you now know. Thanks so much for the pics. Give Al a hug! :)

berlinsoul
03-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the pics.

I really like the Al!! Looks like a fab stroller.

And your kid ... SO cute :)

salsah
03-02-2011, 12:55 PM
interesting. i guess i'm old enough to not be bothered by rickety (we old folks call that suspension!). but for someone like you who is accustomed to solid feeling strollers, i can see why you wouldn't like it.

Multimama
03-02-2011, 12:59 PM
interesting. I guess i'm old enough to not be bothered by rickety (we old folks call that suspension!).

:rotflmao:

arivecchi
03-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Honestly, the biggest turn-off for me was the packaging. Moms are busy. I do not want to get a box with 400 components. It is also not intuitive to put together at all. So I was already annoyed when I opened it and then my kid did not fit well and it felt rickety when going over different surfaces in my house. The push is phenomal though and the fold is neat, I will give it that.

YouAreTheFocus
03-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Here are some pics. I will take them down soon.

https://picasaweb.google.com/LPMomChitown/Avio?authkey=Gv1sRgCMKV4dfcjorJcg#

Are they already down?

arivecchi
03-02-2011, 02:06 PM
They are. I will put them back up for a bit longer.

Beth24
03-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks for putting them back up!

YouAreTheFocus
03-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Thanks..oh wait, I missed them again. Oh well!

AnnieW625
03-02-2011, 03:03 PM
glad you sent it back you don't need another stroller anyway, and what would you part with if you kept it?

scriptkitten
03-02-2011, 04:17 PM
sometimes you just need to buy and return to get things out of your system and see for yourself whether or not something will work for you. i get that. i do it myself.

i just did not see you keeping the Avio, to be honest.

arivecchi
03-02-2011, 04:59 PM
You guys know me too well. :ROTFLMAO:

legaleagle
03-02-2011, 08:57 PM
I have to ask if you ever regret selling the mutsy slider? I saw one in person and loved it except for the crappy canopy. Fortuntately the only one they had in stock was the yucky green color so I was able to resist.

Multimama
03-02-2011, 09:34 PM
I have to ask if you ever regret selling the mutsy slider? I saw one in person and loved it except for the crappy canopy. Fortuntately the only one they had in stock was the yucky green color so I was able to resist.

Where does everyone find these Mutsys? I want a Mutsy at a great price! I regret not buying one of the sale ones when you could get them online. That red one A had was gorgeous!

poohbear
03-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Where does everyone find these Mutsys? I want a Mutsy at a great price! I regret not buying one of the sale ones when you could get them online. That red one A had was gorgeous!

I found a few for $200 last summer at a store in Chicago... They were clearancing them out. They had the red, the green, and the "white" which wasn't white at all but a cool sage green.

As for Arivecchi, seeing as the brand of the stroller did not start with an "M" I figured it would go back. But it is good to try and get it out of your system :)
Stroller regret is a sad thing :rotflmao:

legaleagle
03-02-2011, 10:33 PM
It wasn't actually marked on sale though I didn't see if I could make a deal either. This is Great Beginnings in Maryland. They had a few other discontinued strollers the last time I was in there too: purple MBUD, a couple red castle whizzes....

arivecchi
03-02-2011, 10:34 PM
I have to ask if you ever regret selling the mutsy slider? I saw one in person and loved it except for the crappy canopy. Fortuntately the only one they had in stock was the yucky green color so I was able to resist.I really liked that stroller. Sadly, my DS, nanny and DH did not. :(

Kaylee31
03-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Sorry the Avio was such a disappointment. And I'm sorry I missed the pics. :)
But now you are free to be our guinea pig for the next "it" stroller! I'm thinking the Cruz, MB Duet or Plus One? :wink2:

roseyloxs
03-03-2011, 12:13 AM
interesting. i guess i'm old enough to not be bothered by rickety (we old folks call that suspension!). but for someone like you who is accustomed to solid feeling strollers, i can see why you wouldn't like it.

I prefer solid feeling strollers too. It has taken me a while to get used to the suspension of the bee.

arivecchi
03-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Pics are back up for those who missed them yesterday. Please excuse my son's PJs. ;)

arivecchi
03-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the pics.

I really like the Al!! Looks like a fab stroller.

And your kid ... SO cute :)Thanks! :)

meggswife
03-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Well, that's just not fair. Poor Avio didn't have a chance against Al... maybe you should have compared him to an Ipo? :) (Al is such a handsome stud! I'm so glad he lives at my house too!)

Beth24
03-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Well, that's just not fair. Poor Avio didn't have a chance against Al... maybe you should have compared him to an Ipo? :) (Al is such a handsome stud! I'm so glad he lives at my house too!)

That Al...he sure gets around doesn't he? ;)