PDA

View Full Version : best unlimited text app

boilermakermom
03-01-2011, 04:39 PM
has anyone tried the texting apps for the iphone? are any of them good?

ha98ed14
03-01-2011, 04:40 PM
I use my google voice app. Works great!

NancyJ_redo
03-01-2011, 05:41 PM
has anyone tried the texting apps for the iphone? are any of them good?

Can you elaborate on this? Does the app mean you can text but without having to pay texting fees?

I just got my first smartphone (iphone) and am now paying the extra $30 to have data, but it doesn't include texting. I'm loathe to pay even more for texting, but for the first time in my life I'm understanding the appeal of texting. On my old, dumb phone texting was a huge pain in the arse, but it's pretty awesome and easy to do with an iphone.

Twin Mom
03-01-2011, 05:52 PM
I use textfree. It limits the number of characters in a text but then you just send another one so it's not a big deal.

To the PP, you text through the app so it isn't the same as regular texting but it's free.

neeleymartin
03-02-2011, 12:33 AM
I use textfree. It limits the number of characters in a text but then you just send another one so it's not a big deal.

To the PP, you text through the app so it isn't the same as regular texting but it's free.

this is the one that my dh uses. he likes it.

caheinz
03-02-2011, 12:35 AM

My husband and I use this on our iPod Touches. Need to have wifi for it to work (being iPods), but it works for as much as we ever text.

You get a real number with it, and have to text periodically to keep it. (It'll send you a reminder.) We just send each other a text when that happens =)

fumofu
03-02-2011, 04:06 AM
How about Google chat/talk?