PDA

View Full Version : Series 4 Lego Minifigures! UPDATE NOW AT TRU and Lego Store (B&M)

alien_host
03-01-2011, 04:49 PM
http://minifigures.lego.com/en-us/Default.aspx

Lots of good ones....let the hunt begin. I think they are being released in April? Corie, start checking at Mejier! I'm sure you will be the first to find these!

ETA: I'm going to have a nice Halloween scene w. The Monster ("frankenstein"), werewolf from this series. Mummy from series 3. Witch and Vampire from series 2 and the Zombie from series 1. :)

UPDATE: they are now being spotted at TRU and are available at TRU.com

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11358621&prodFindSrc=search

orders over $75 have free shipping. They are $2.99 each so 26 gets you free shipping :)

I decided to go ahead and order and save myself from running around.

Don't forget Fatwallet for 2% back.

alien_host
03-06-2011, 02:56 PM
I talked to my store manager and she said the release date is supposed to be April 15!

blue
03-07-2011, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the series 4 figures! I was looking throw the pics trying to find the one I liked the most, but can't narrow it down to one :p. I really like the Monster, Kimono Girl, Punk Rocker, Viking, Street Skater, and Lawn Gnome. Their, I got my list of favorites down to less than half ;)

Corie
03-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Love the monster and werewolf!!!

Also, the mad scientist and punk rocker!!

Corie
03-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Are they doing the bumps again? I'd love the bar codes to
come back!!!

fortato
03-09-2011, 12:24 PM
I did better with series 3... I got the ones I wanted, and only missed 2 in the set....

There are a LOT in Series 4 that I want... the Garden Gnome is high on my list!

alien_host
03-17-2011, 01:35 PM
check the original post...available for purchase at TRU.com :)

I ordered 26 so if anyone in MA wants to do trades LMK :D

Corie
03-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Has anyone found them at a B&M Toys R Us store?

jvs195
03-22-2011, 08:41 AM
I haven't seen them yet in my store, but am avidly tracking via brickset:
http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=1186

I managed to almost complete my S3 on Saturday when they were BOGO 50% and I had a $5 off $25 coupon. I have a few dupes and am still missing fisherman, hula girl and elf, but I'm just bidding on them on ebay for a few bucks. I know it's cheating, but I spent a lot of time feeling up packages in the store and felt a little dirty doing so.

I'm trying to find a display case for them. I'd love to make one from Legos but not sure if I will. My other thought was a section case like they use for golf balls and I want to paint the background to match the series' packages. Too much? I need a real hobby...

alien_host
03-22-2011, 09:13 AM
I've also been stalking Brickset. ;)

I ordered a batch online b/c I'm tired of running to the store every few days and wasting gas/time! They are supposed to arrive tomorrow :)

Corie, I saw this on Brickset:

TRU item # 578074. You can call your local TRU w/ this number or call 1-800-869-7787. Press 1 then 3 then 2. Give the operator the item # and your zip code and they should be able to look it up for you.

Or call your local store with the item number, I did last week and no luck. I might check Walmart today though.

Corie - your Meijer doesn't have them? Do you have Fred Meyers? I read those stores have them, but I'm not familiar with that store.

Good luck!

Corie
03-22-2011, 09:21 AM
I'd love to make one from Legos but not sure if I will. My other thought was a section case like they use for golf balls and I want to paint the background to match the series' packages. Too much? I need a real hobby...

I'll take one too!

Corie
03-22-2011, 09:23 AM
Corie - your Meijer doesn't have them? Do you have Fred Meyers? I read those stores have them, but I'm not familiar with that store.

Good luck!

I've never heard of Fred Meyers.

Our Meijer only has the Series 3 right now. I keep checking though!

Corie
03-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Here is the Series 4 cheat sheet to read the bumps.

http://cf.minifigcollector.com/images/bumpcodes-series4.png

alien_host
03-22-2011, 09:41 AM
I just called my local TRU and the lady was so mean. She said "we don't have those in stock" and when I started to say, "do you know..." she hung up on me! I guess they are getting a lot of calls?

Since I ordered online I have no business calling, but I felt compelled to figure out if they might be in this area! It's sick really...

jvs195
03-22-2011, 11:19 AM
I did not enjoy the bumps and swear my last batch had none anyway.

I accused my TRU of hiding the S3 figures last week when they were on sale. I saw 3 full boxes the day before and when they went on sale there were none. I guess it's possible they sold out, but the staff didn't really challenge my accusation. They redeemed themselves by putting out a new box Saturday.

alien_host
03-23-2011, 10:10 AM
I found them at TRU in Dedham MA...one full box on a high shelf, had to have a SA get it down for me. $2.69 this week on sale, I may return my online order.

Still over 40 left :)

Corie
03-23-2011, 04:49 PM
I found them at TRU in Dedham MA...one full box on a high shelf, had to have a SA get it down for me. $2.69 this week on sale, I may return my online order.

Still over 40 left :)

You found series 3 or series 4?

alien_host
03-23-2011, 05:25 PM
You found series 3 or series 4?

Sorry, it was Series 4!

jvs195
03-24-2011, 09:58 AM
I'll take one too!

They beat me to it:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/notenoughbricks/5465910797/in/photostream/

alien_host
03-24-2011, 10:06 AM
They beat me to it:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/notenoughbricks/5465910797/in/photostream/

Those cases are cool, I hope they are affordable.

Do you guys keep your Series Minifigures together w/ accessories? I've been trying to keep them intact and together and DD is mostly OK with that. I sort of cringe when/if she wants to disassemble and jumble together with the masses!

We opened the hazmat guy, surfer girl and geisha last night. These are really great, I like the selection better than Series 3. I want to open them all but I'm trying to just dole them out a few at a time. ;)

ETA: I used a combo of the "bumps" chart and the feeling around method. Some of the dots were spot on but others were very faint on our bags and really hard to spot.

alien_host
03-28-2011, 11:56 AM
My Lego Store now has Series 4 in-stock. $2.99 ea.

And the build a mini bar has some series 1 parts..clown pants/top/head and hair. Green forestman parts. I also saw the magician's hat and cheerleader's blond hair. $9.99 for 3 figures

They have mermaid tails, tops too. I'll post a pic when I get home. These were a must for DD!

jvs195
03-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Those cases are cool, I hope they are affordable.

Do you guys keep your Series Minifigures together w/ accessories? I've been trying to keep them intact and together and DD is mostly OK with that. I sort of cringe when/if she wants to disassemble and jumble together with the masses!

The kids have been good about keeping them together - it's ME that's the problem. Our Christmas card was the four of us as Lego Minifigs and I borrowed hair for DH from the vampire and DD's from Popstar so they are bald right now.

katydid1971
03-28-2011, 01:14 PM
The kids have been good about keeping them together - it's ME that's the problem. Our Christmas card was the four of us as Lego Minifigs and I borrowed hair for DH from the vampire and DD's from Popstar so they are bald right now.

I would love to see that, how cute!!

alien_host
03-28-2011, 01:23 PM

Super cute idea!

OK here is a picture of the mermaids...and two "gangsters". I didn't get the clowns b/c we do have those from S1 and I thought the black fedora hat was cool. I think that one head on the left might be the magician's. Unfortunately, as you can see the accessories were pretty lame....I might have to steal a fish from the S3 fisherman for the mermaid ;)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5264/5559309812_04f63f3d9a.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/31073717@N08/5559309812/)

Corie
03-28-2011, 02:33 PM

We keep all the Series Minifigures together with their accessories.
I have the minifigures on display in an upstairs reading area completely
away from all the other Lego stuff. All the other Lego stuff is in
color-coded bins in our basement play area.

jvs195
03-28-2011, 07:54 PM
I would love to see that, how cute!!

You asked for it. These actually really look like each of us (DH is Asian - I am not) with the exception of DD who should have shorter legs (yes I have a wine bottle and wine glass in my hand)
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s304/jvs195/newcard.jpg The Christmas Toy Shop is in the back with Naked Santa in the window (from the Advent calendar) but we couldn't get a good shot of them all.

katydid1971
03-28-2011, 08:30 PM
You asked for it. These actually really look like each of us (DH is Asian - I am not) with the exception of DD who should have shorter legs (yes I have a wine bottle and wine glass in my hand)
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s304/jvs195/newcard.jpg The Christmas Toy Shop is in the back with Naked Santa in the window (from the Advent calendar) but we couldn't get a good shot of them all.
:bowdown: Love it!!! I LOVE that you put the naked Santa in the picture:hysterical:

ett
03-28-2011, 09:30 PM

Love the pic!

Corie
03-29-2011, 08:25 PM
I just got a $10 off purchase price of $50 for Toys R Us. The coupon
is good until April 23rd. Hopefully, my store will get the mini-figures
in by then.

blue
03-30-2011, 12:43 AM
jvs195, Your family Christmas card :jammin: . I :heartbeat: it!

alien_host
03-30-2011, 09:27 AM
jvs195 - your christmas card is awesome, I love it!

I was at the Lego Store again yesterday since I was at the Mall picking up Tangled...they still have tons of stock of Series 4 (and 3). I don't think these are selling out as quickly as S1 and S2 for sure.

I'm trying to stop myself at a full set plus some extras of our favorites, unfortunately there are a lot of favorites this time around!

jvs195
03-30-2011, 10:16 AM
I still haven't seen any S4. I tried to bid on the last 3 items I needed from S3 on ebay and the seller pulled all the auctions (didn't like that I would have won for $1.25 each plus $4 shipping for 3 I guess...) Search continues. Hoping I get another TRU $ off $ coupon when they arrive here. Otherwise I have some Lego VIP points to use.

Thanks for the nice comments on our card, it was so fun to do. I wanted to do 4 seasons of us - we have good props for most seasons now so maybe next year. I think you all appreciated it more than most of our family.

ECMom
03-30-2011, 04:03 PM
I still haven't seen any S4. I tried to bid on the last 3 items I needed from S3 on ebay and the seller pulled all the auctions (didn't like that I would have won for $1.25 each plus $4 shipping for 3 I guess...) Search continues. .

I see you are in the NoVA area. They don't have them at the Tyson's Lego store? I just picked some up today at the Hanover, MD store. They had plenty of them along with some of the S3. For S2, Tyson's had them before Hanover.

jvs195
03-30-2011, 06:22 PM
I see you are in the NoVA area. They don't have them at the Tyson's Lego store? I just picked some up today at the Hanover, MD store. They had plenty of them along with some of the S3. For S2, Tyson's had them before Hanover.

They might, I just hate going to Tyson's. It's my last resort but might be in our near future now.

alien_host
04-17-2011, 07:14 PM
April 17-23 - Series 3 and Series 4 minifigures are buy one get one 50% off.

94bruin
04-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Are these available at Target?

jvs195
04-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Are these available at Target?

I think some, but I have not seen them at mine.

Brickset.com has a map of where they've been spotted at Targets.