PDA

View Full Version : B!tch for DH

BabbyO
03-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Gahh...just got a call from the car dealer. His repairs are going to be $770 (we were told $300 when we dropped off the car). This after spending about $1900 on the same car 3 weeks ago. Oh, and he needs tires this year, too. So much for having the car paid off...those 3 things will run us more than an entire year's worth of car payments.

DH is going to be P!SSED!!! Just when you think you might catch a break...the car breaks.

(just to clarify...I'm b!tching on DH's behalf...not at him)

larig
03-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Oh, that stinks!!!

lhafer
03-01-2011, 06:30 PM
After quoting you $300 - did they call you and let you know it was going to be more than twice as expensive before fixing it? If not I would have a SERIOUS issue with that!

That sucks!!!

LMPC
03-01-2011, 06:32 PM
After quoting you $300 - did they call you and let you know it was going to be more than twice as expensive before fixing it? If not I would have a SERIOUS issue with that!

That sucks!!!

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!

newnana
03-01-2011, 10:54 PM
I agree with pp's. If you did not authorize the charges, they should not have done the repairs. I had the dealer quote me on a job that I specifically told them not to do (wasn't necessary for safety and I can do it cheaper myself) and when I went there the bill was $600 rather than the $200 for the work that they had quoted that I had actually authorized.

I contested by saying once, nicely and firmly, that I had not authorized that repair. They checked their notes, saw that I was right and adjusted the bill. It wasn't something they could undo. But that was not my problem. I had told them not to do it.

If you didn't authorize it, contest it. It can work. Good luck, that sucks!

BabbyO
03-02-2011, 02:13 PM
No they called first...but the car won't run without the fixes...so we really didn't have a choice.

We found out today the second fix didn't actually fix the problem, so they found a valve that needs replacing....so they are doing that. They are removing the charges and labor for the second part/fix they did.

So much for paid off cars costing a family less money. We've even kept up on all the maintenance with this car...its just one of those things. You know when you have over 100K miles...things need replacing.

veronica
03-02-2011, 02:20 PM
What timing for your post. first off, I am so sorry. What a crazy hassle.

We need to buy a minivan within the next month. We just paid off one car and the other is a lease that is up in 4 months. We were hoping to just have the minivan payment and keep the paid-off car (just trade in the lease when it's up). Of course, the car we paid off is due for a tune up, brakes and tires. I've been debating with DH whether we just trade it in and then take advantage of letting the leased vehicle go early (incetive with dealership to trade in and get another car there). I'd rather not have two car payments but also don't want to have to worry about car repairs!!!

BabbyO
03-02-2011, 02:32 PM
What timing for your post. first off, I am so sorry. What a crazy hassle.

We need to buy a minivan within the next month. We just paid off one car and the other is a lease that is up in 4 months. We were hoping to just have the minivan payment and keep the paid-off car (just trade in the lease when it's up). Of course, the car we paid off is due for a tune up, brakes and tires. I've been debating with DH whether we just trade it in and then take advantage of letting the leased vehicle go early (incetive with dealership to trade in and get another car there). I'd rather not have two car payments but also don't want to have to worry about car repairs!!!

I totally understand...we decided to put off our car purchase until Fall 2011 or Spring 2012. Now we sorta wish we hadn't done that. We're definitely not getting a car sooner with what we just put into this one! I guess its just Murphy's Law! :)