PDA

View Full Version : Maclauren Triumph

trcy
03-01-2011, 05:28 PM
What age would you start to use the Triumph? The web-site says: Appropriate From US/UK: three months EU: six months. Why the difference? DD is 2mo old and I hoped to start using it in a month. TIA

lhafer
03-01-2011, 06:28 PM
What age would you start to use the Triumph? The web-site says: Appropriate From US/UK: three months EU: six months. Why the difference? DD is 2mo old and I hoped to start using it in a month. TIA

I would not use it until at least 6 months or older. I don't think your LO will be ready at 3 months - their neck muscles are just not strong enough yet (I don't care what the recommendations are). At least wait until your baby can really sit upright on his/her own for long periods of time. The recline on it is not enough to help really rest those muscles either. Here is a picture of my just turned 1 year old sleeping in a fully reclined triumph:

poohbear
03-01-2011, 08:32 PM
We started at 8 months (which is how old DS was when we got it). I think Lhafer's suggestion of 6 months is about right. Could be a bit earlier if your LO has really good head control, but I wouldn't go younger than 4 months...