PDA

View Full Version : DD's getting breasts and I think I'm starting menopause

mom2binsd
03-01-2011, 10:30 PM
So my post the other day was about my not quite 8 year old developing, rather painful breast buds....

I'll be 44 in May.

So I've had this weird feeling like a hair is in my ear, or there is something crawling deep inside, and have had the ear thoroughly checked out by a nurse and otoscope....nothing to see. No cold, sinus issues, allergies either.

So I googled it....apparently it's something a lot of women who are going through menopause experience, albeit not one of the hallmark symptoms, but one that drives them crazy like it is me!:dizzy:

I'm due for my annual, didn't have one last year due to lack of insurance coverage so guess that will answer some questions.

citymama
03-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Wow, that's a lot going on at the same time! That seems early for both menopause and puberty, but see what they say at the gyn appt.

AshleyAnn
03-02-2011, 01:07 AM
Just so you know - I'm 24 and have had that crawling feeling for several months now. I'm most definately not going into menopause. Lucky me I'm looking at another 20 years of periods.

StantonHyde
03-02-2011, 01:08 AM
Could be worse-- could be hot flashes and breast feeding!!!!! I am NOT looking forward to menopause and it is coming soon!

mom2binsd
03-02-2011, 02:55 AM
Oh and I'm getting a divorce too....so the ear thing could be stress.

citymama
03-02-2011, 03:48 AM
Oh and I'm getting a divorce too....so the ear thing could be stress.

I had no idea - this must be a very stressful time for you. Sending you many hugs and much strength during this time. This too shall pass...

Be well. :hug:

mom2binsd
03-02-2011, 10:09 AM
That's the first time I've written it down here, not really ready to see it in writing I guess....

egoldber
03-02-2011, 10:23 AM
I am so sorry. :(

Kymberley
03-02-2011, 10:28 AM
:hug: Take care of yourself. So sorry you're going through all of this.

brittone2
03-02-2011, 04:26 PM
That's the first time I've written it down here, not really ready to see it in writing I guess....
:hug: we are here for you!

kristenk
03-02-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm sorry for everything you're going through. Perimenopause is the period of time leading up to menopause (which is one year after your last period). Perimenopause can last many years and, from what I've read, that's the time that you experience most of the symptoms you typically think of as being menopause-related (and some symptoms that you've never even heard of).

I've posted this before, but I think I'm starting to experience some perimenopause symptoms and I'm 40. Whee. Here's a list of symptoms:
http://www.project-aware.org/Experience/symptoms.shtml

:hug: I hope you find some way to help deal with the stress of everything you're going through.

veronica
03-02-2011, 05:56 PM
hugs momma. Hopefully your gyn will have some answers. In the meantime, I hope you can find some peace.

Jenny_A
03-07-2011, 12:42 AM
I just read the list of symptoms. Wow! That sounds fun!! Can't wait! :nodno: