PDA

View Full Version : Baby/toddler swing?

weech
03-02-2011, 10:17 AM
I'd like to get DS a swing (among other things) for his 1st birthday that I can attach to our deck out back. Anyone have recommendations on a swing? I'd like to buy something that he can use for a while, but that is safe/appropriate now. Is a swing an awful idea?

brittone2
03-02-2011, 03:24 PM
I had my parents get one for DS2 for Christmas as our old outdoor one bit the dust after being used for the two older kids. Ours is blue...little tykes or one of those. DS2 has been in it a few times in the last 2 weeks and loooooves it. It is something we needed and can be enjoyed frequently, doesn't clutter up my house, and I can use it while outside in the nice weather with the older two kids. Works for us :)

newg
03-02-2011, 03:41 PM
We have the blue little tikes one too. You can get them pretty much anywhere now. I also got the canopy that you can buy seperate because we get scorching hot sun in the afternoons and it helps keep the swing cool.
DD1 is 3 and still fits in it perfectly.

MoJo
03-02-2011, 07:04 PM
We have that one also. I'm happy that my 9 month old and almost three year old will be able to use it this year. (We've had it for two years.) Time outside with the swing seems to cure nearly anything that can go wrong in a day, so I think it's an excellent idea.:thumbsup:

weech
03-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Wow, it's unanimous! Thanks everyone :D

jenstring95
03-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Late to this, but I just wanted to chime in that Little Tikes is definitely the way to go. We have LT and Step 2, and the ropes on the Step 2 one started disintegrating within months, and they caused my kids to get splinters (it was almost fiberglass-y or something). The LT one is still kicking 3 years later.

dec756
03-06-2011, 11:17 PM
how exactly do you attach it to the deck? we are on a 2nd floor apt and want to install the little tikes but what kind of equipment do you use to do so?? tia