PDA

View Full Version : Share your salmon recipe with me

BigDog
03-02-2011, 01:42 PM
I have some salmon in the freezer that I'd like to make for dinner tonight. I usually cook it in a pan, but would love any oven recipes that you have for salmon since I'll be roasting veggies and would love to avoid cleaning the stove tonight!

rin
03-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Every time I make this: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/baked-dijon-salmon/Detail.aspx I get rave reviews from the whole family (kids included). I usually leave out the pecans just because I don't normally have them in the house, and use dried parsley instead of fresh and it's AWESOME regardless. Don't leave out the lemon though, IMO the acid contrast with the sweet honey sauce really makes this dish!

bubbaray
03-02-2011, 01:59 PM
We live in salmon country. Typically we BBQ it in foil with lemon juice and black pepper. If I'm feeling creative, I might do maple syrup + soy sauce, but usually its just lemon juice and pepper. A filet is about 5min per side on high, salmon steaks are longer. If I bake it (can't do that anymore due to DD#2's fish allergy), its about 20 min at 375, maybe less (depends on the thickness). An indoor (George Foreman type) grill works really well too.

fauve01
03-02-2011, 02:01 PM
i bake salmon in foil about once a week.

i do two pieces of salmon, b/c DH and DD like the salmon with salt and pepper only. on my piece i like a little splash of teriaki sauce and lemon (or if dd didn't finish her maple syrup in the morning i pour that on top).

preheat oven to 400-425F.

get out a couple pieces of foil. spray with nonstick spray. put the salmon piece on top. sprinkle with salt and pepper (i use a teeny bit of white pepper b/c dd won't eat it if it's too peppery and doesn't like to see black specs). if you want, you can use a season salt or whatever season blend you like. you can sprinkle both sides if you want, i just do one.

with salmon, you don't need to add any extra oil. i never do. i prepare other fish this same way in foil (tilapia!), and i do add oil for other types of (nonoily) fish.

close up the foil. bring the ends together and crimp the edges. then crimp the ends.

put the fish on a cookie sheet with sides. or you can use a 9x13 pan. cook in the oven about 20 minutes, depending on thickness of fish. when you can smell the fish it's done. :)

i often roast veggies at the same time i'm roasting fish. i do the veggies first (cauliflower is my fav!) then throw the fish in on a different rack. YUM! :)

mom2khj
03-02-2011, 03:02 PM
We like this one:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Firecracker-Grilled-Alaska-Salmon/Detail.aspx

boolady
03-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Smear some dijon mustard on top of each piece of salmon. Pack some brown sugar on top of the mustard. Grill.

MMMommy
03-02-2011, 03:40 PM
I make salmon in butter and dill in the oven. Super easy.

I buy the big, long piece of salmon at Costco. I season the salmon with salt and dried or fresh dill. I make big foil-like case for the foil on a baking sheet. I place pats of butter along the bottom of the foil. Place the salmon on top of the butter pats. Place more butter pats on top of the salmon. Seal the foil on top so it is like a package (so that it will sort of steam in the foil too). I bake at 375 degrees for about 40 to 45 minutes.

weech
03-02-2011, 03:54 PM
My favorite way to eat salmon is to top it with a dark cherry sauce I found at the grocery store. I think it was originally intended for swordfish, but I LOVE it on salmon.

Otherwise, we've done butter/dill, cajun seasoning, butter/garlic, etc but never use a specific recipe. We just bake it most of the time (without making the foil pouch). Foil pouch for grilling.

hillview
03-03-2011, 01:18 PM
I know I am late to the party,
Heat the oven to 375
On a cookie sheet with tinfoil and some olive oil on the tin foil
Place a salmon steak or another piece of salmon
Make small cuts in the salmon so that the sauce can drip into the salmon
Put about 3-4 tbsps of honey mustard salad dressing on top of the salmon

Cook til JUST pink / cooked in the middle.
/hillary

salsah
03-03-2011, 02:18 PM
my favorite way is the oven with a little butter, dill and lemon. sometimes i use olive oil instead of butter, but it tastes better with butter.

BabbyO
03-03-2011, 06:11 PM
We bake it in the oven at 350 after coating it with olive oil and whatever spice mixture hits our fancy that night (Mrs. Dash, Seafood blend, etc).

I also had a recipe that used a mixture of dijon mustard and honey (approx 1-2 tbsp of each). Spread the mixture on each fillet, then sprinkle a mixture of bread crumbs, crushed nuts (pecans) and parsely flakes on the honey/dijon mixture. Bake at 350 until fish flakes. It was similar to this, but I don't remember the melted butter.
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/baked-dijon-salmon/Detail.aspx

Beth24
03-04-2011, 02:43 AM
I am going to share my recipe for salmon loaf -- it is a favorite in our house, and a nice alternative to baked or grilled salmon.

Ingredients

• 1 lb. fresh salmon (baked at 375 for 12-15 minutes until flaky)
• ½ cup plain bread crumbs
• 2 Tbs. canola oil
• 2 eggs, well beaten
• 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
• 1/4 cup low fat sour cream
• 2 Tbs. minced onion
• 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
• 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
• ½ tsp. salt

Directions

1. Heat oven to 375. Coat a 1-quart loaf plan with canola spray (Pam) and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine ingredients with hands or large wooden spoon. Press into loaf pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
3. Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.

BigDog
03-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Thanks for all the great salmon recipes! You've given me lots of new ideas!