PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else not like Aveda shampoo?

AnnieW625
03-02-2011, 03:28 PM
I go to an Aveda salon and my hairdresser has been using Aveda Scalp Benefits on my hair and since I was out of shampoo I thought what the heck I would try it. I have thick wavy hair and well this stuff isn't making my hair greasy all around but like it's weighed down. It has some 'cone ingredients in it so I think that might be the cause. I am using it every other day, but now I am thinking I should probably just go back to my staple Matrix Biolage Hydrating or something else and use this sparingly. I got the same results from Shampure when it was introduced 10+ yrs. ago too; it was just too much.

I am a little perplexed that this shampoo (and the matching conditioner) get 5s by almost every single reviewer on Aveda.com (in fact most of their products do). It makes me wonder if those people are only washing their hair once a week or something.

I am not interesting in going the NO POO route as I have done that a couple of times in the past before, and it's just not the best solution for my hair.

SnuggleBuggles
03-02-2011, 03:55 PM
In an effort to be mindful of ingredients and to be cheap, I just use Whole Foods' store brand shampoo. I liked Aveda fine in the past but it was never "wow!" and worth the extra $.

Beth

WatchingThemGrow
03-02-2011, 04:01 PM
I go back and forth. I love to breathe deeply when using it. But, I know that weighted down feeling you describe.

Jenny_A
03-07-2011, 12:44 AM
It makes my scalp itch. I also get sick of the strong smell after awhile.

bubbaray
03-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Another vote for it makes my scalp itch. I can't use any Aveda products.

Melanie
03-07-2011, 12:48 AM
I hated it. I have a friend who loves it. I couldn't stand the smell...reminded me of baby powder, plus it made my scalp very itchy and dry - though it's sensitive to many brands.

bigpassport
03-07-2011, 01:43 AM
I have tried a few Aveda shampoos (I get my hair done at the Aveda Institute here). I've never been crazy about any of them...especially for the price. Now I use either Nexxus Therappe and Humectress purchased at Sam's Club or the Sam's Club generic versions, and I like them just fine. The last hairstylist I had at Aveda even commented on what great condition my hair and scalp are in:loveeyes:

Neatfreak
03-07-2011, 02:23 AM
Don't like their Rosemary & Mint formula (left my scalp itchy and dry), but I really like Shampure. It's not my regular shampoo, though!