PDA

View Full Version : Bitty Twin owners what was your first purchase w/the doll?

AnnieW625
03-02-2011, 05:50 PM
We are definitely giving DD1 a single Bitty Twin doll for her 5th birthday this year (probably the dark haired with brown eyes one) and besides getting glasses for her I thought I should probably get at least another outfit for the baby. It doesn't have to be from the American Girl store so if you know any Etsy sellers that make Bitty Twin clothes that would be great too.

I am also thinking about getting her a Mini Beco carrier (http://www.becobabycarrier.com/cat-2/) for her dolls too.

ETA: we already have a doll stroller, doll cradle, and shopping cart.

Melanie
03-03-2011, 01:23 AM
I think it was the diaper bag, a set of diapers and another sleeper.

Have fun at the AG store! You're close enough, I'd definitely go there in lieu of ordering...it's quite the experience.

ETA: If you decide to take your Dd for a 'birthday trip' you can call ahead and ask for the personal shoppers. They will make it even better. Dd got a cute little tiny doll-sized gift back with birthday crown for her new doll. They also have other freebies from time to time. I would skip their cafe unless the menu appeals to you, though. It didn't to me. We had a lovely time at Cheesecake Factory instead. Though for more casual the Farmer's Market booths are good, too.

ETAA: The beco is cute. I know it's different as my Dd is our youngest so hasn't seen me carrying babies, but I was so excited to get her a sling and she doesn't use it for her dolls at all. :( So YMMV on that one.

Neatfreak
03-03-2011, 01:41 AM
My DD was quite certain that her Bitty Twin needed pajamas, so that was the one thing we bought when we bought the doll. I think that they were from the Bitty Baby section, though.

Seitvonzu
03-03-2011, 09:55 AM
i totally second the diaper bag idea... we have THREE in this house--more for the baby dolls that i had for my real baby ;) the hands down favorite is the corolle version (we don't have the bitty baby version but i lovelove it-- that's what i would get... over the corolle- we have an old version of it that i got back when i was working in a doll store in college)

the extra diapers at target would work for the bitty (i think, it works for our hard body corolle... that's what i'm comparing too)-- the are pretty adjustable. i'd get some of those for the diaperbag. and i think extra clothes are a necessity. but that might just be a prefernce in our house ;) (we have several bitty outfits that i've bought over the years-- they tend to go on sale when they are on their way out... i combine that with free shipping, or else it's too pricey)

i just heard on an email list that if you place a phone order you can get free shipping over 50 right now (but you have to ask... YMMV) . if you are close to the store- that's better! its so fun to see everything in person first...and i'd probably let the birthday child pick the extra thing (within reason). when i called my nephew on his 5th birthday he immediately started telling me about how he got to go to the lego store and PICK TWO THINGS! the responsibility of picking his own presents was like a bonus gift ;)

Melaine
03-03-2011, 09:58 AM
We never bought anything beyond the doll from AG. If we ever have a chance to visit the store again (which I hope so, I love it) we would definitely get something else. But until then we are pretty happy with buying things here and there from other places. Yesterday we bought the girls Easter Dresses from TJ Maxx, they are Polly & Friends with a matching doll dress. Those fit the Bitty Twins although they may be a bit long. And the girls LOVE their matching nightgowns from Kohls. They have a couple different ones now for spring that are super cute. I want to say they are $20-$24 regular price so a bargain compared to buying at AG.

egoldber
03-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Matching PJs for girl and doll. These are a "must" for my kids.

groundhog74
03-03-2011, 10:25 AM
The matching PJs are a hit here too.

Melanie
03-03-2011, 11:18 AM
I love the matching PJs look, but they are only sold in polyester. It's a nice poly so it doesn't feel creepy. If you don't mind poly PJs or do nightgowns, then ITA that is adorable!

I think the idea of the birthday girl picking one or two things is fun. My dd did that. However it depends on the child. I told my Ds the same at Legoland for his birthday and at the end of a long day it was awful. He was overwhelmed and couldn't decide.

AnnieW625
03-03-2011, 06:07 PM
I wasn't going to take DD1 with me, I don't even know if I want to go that route yet, but she did have a great time at Build A Bear picking out an outfit for her bear, and the bear she made for DD2 before she was born. I would do the Farmers Market over anything in that area, except for maybe Pink's Hot Dogs.

I don't mind polyester (we love fleece in our house) so as long as they are quality I am okay with it. I will definitely check out TJ Maxx though for the Polly & Friends clothes.

Tammy
03-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Ditto on the diaper bag here. DD also loved the snack pack so she could feed her doll. Pj's were a big hit too.