PDA

View Full Version : what would you pay for a used ipad?

jess_g
03-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Now that the new ones are comming out, I am thinking of maybe buying a used one on craigslist. I think I can buy a 16 gb wifi only one for $325. (There are several listed at this price). Is this a good price for a used one? What acceseries and such should I look for with it? And what should I do when I meet the seller besides having them turn it on and show it to me? Its still a lot of money but I can't believe one might be in my hands soon.

Jessica.

Penny's Pappa
03-02-2011, 09:47 PM
With the new iPads coming out shortly, the old ones will be reduced in price. The old 16GB wifi only will be $399, so no, I don't think $325 for a used one is a great deal. I'd rather spend the extra and get a new one with a full warranty.

-----------
Sent from the aether using Tapatalk.

wellyes
03-02-2011, 09:49 PM
The old 16GB wifi only will be $399, so no, I don't think $325 for a used one is a great deal.

:yeahthat:

It'll be $399 but maybe even cheaper if you buy a refurb from Apple (same warrenty). There will be a glut of old ipads. I think you could easily negotiate to $300.

LD92599
03-02-2011, 10:47 PM
I'm curious too because i want to post mine somewhere to sell, but i'm including applecare and the apple case too ;-) I take super duper care of my apple products, but man oh man i want this new one!

Twoboos
03-02-2011, 11:03 PM
jess_g, I'm pming you. :)

kijip
03-02-2011, 11:12 PM
$250 tops for a 16gb one. They will soon be very cheap because there will be so many. The new ones start at the same price point as the old ones did. Anyone who bought the first gen one, us included, was likely well aware that we were paying a high premium to be first in the market.

♥ms.pacman♥
03-02-2011, 11:29 PM
$250 tops for a 16gb one. They will soon be very cheap because there will be so many. The new ones start at the same price point as the old ones did. Anyone who bought the first gen one, us included, was likely well aware that we were paying a high premium to be first in the market.

i just checked my local craigslist and it's flooded with people wanting to sell their iPads. what's funny is that some people are wanting $500+...this is for a USED 16gb iPad. um, yeah right. the absolutely most i'd pay for a used 16gb ipad would be $250. i agree that in the next few weeks it's gonna be saturated with people wanting to sell their iPads which will ultimately drive down the price.

wellyes
03-02-2011, 11:40 PM

i just checked my local craigslist and it's flooded with people wanting to sell their iPads. what's funny is that some people are wanting $500+...this is for a USED 16gb iPad. um, yeah right. the absolutely most i'd pay for a used 16gb ipad would be $250. i agree that in the next few weeks it's gonna be saturated with people wanting to sell their iPads which will ultimately drive down the price.
Could be they have the 3G one, which is much more $ than the base wifi one.

♥ms.pacman♥
03-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Could be they have the 3G one, which is much more $ than the base wifi one.

okay, good point...i just checked my CL again and the 16gb ones with 3G are listed for $500-$600...16gb with wifi only are being listed for $350-$500 (mostly over $400 though).

it still doesn't make sense to me though. the new 16gb ipad2 with wifi & 3G is $629. i believe Apple just dropped the price of the first generation iPads by $100, so a *brand new* first gen iPad with wifi+3g would be $529, right...so it makes no sense to buy a *used* one for $500 (with no warranty whatsoever)...