PDA

View Full Version : Stroller Liners - Tivoli?

Bootsie
03-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Does anyone use a stroller liner not made by the stroller's manufacturer? Do they come in handy?

Tivoli was on mamabargains the other day, but before I had a chance to really look and consider, they'd moved on to their next bargain and Tivoli was history. I noticed that Tivoli is going to be on Totsy tonight (along with Phil and Ted's).

Putting aside some of the issues with Totsy, has anyone used a Tivoli liner? Pros/cons? Maybe I don't need a stroller liner at all, but in addition to getting a chance to mix up the look of a stroller, I'm thinking that for days my twins might possibly have a bottle in their stroller (and for when they get older and make crumbs), it might protect the stroller seat so I don't have to spend time removing it and washing it.

Thoughts?

roseyloxs
03-03-2011, 12:08 AM
No experience with Trivoli.

I bought a custom made stroller liner from Dimples Monkey (http://www.etsy.com/shop/DimplesMonkey?section_id=6863483) on Etsy. They start at $45. It was adorable, well constructed and fit like a glove on my bumbleride indie.

Bootsie
03-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Roseylox,

Was it purely a changing it up thing -- i.e., was the liner just good for changing up the appearance of the stroller? Or were the Dimples Monkey ones easy to take back off and wash and things?

bekahjean
03-03-2011, 10:37 AM
I bought two of the tivoli liners from MB when they were up a few weeks ago. I bought the lagoon pattern (http://www.tivolicouture.com/Luxury-Stroller-Liners-Stroller-Pads/Lagoon-Stroller-Seat-Liner.htm) for my bumbleride twin in seagrass. I bought them both to protect the seat and to curb the urge for a new stroller. The colors look great and it was very easy to put on.
The liners were just a little too wide for the base of the seat, but that didn't really bother me. The only thing that I didn't really like about them is that they only have one shoulder strap height. If you had a taller child who uses the shoulder straps, they would not work very well.

roseylox - did your liner have more than one shoulder height option?

roseyloxs
03-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Roseylox,

Was it purely a changing it up thing -- i.e., was the liner just good for changing up the appearance of the stroller? Or were the Dimples Monkey ones easy to take back off and wash and things?

Kind of. It was a used indie I bought it for and the fabric wasn't holding up as well so I wanted to protect it. It was in the koa brown color so I used the liner to punch it up a bit and give it more color. They were pretty easy to take on and off. Just thread the harness through which pretty easy on the indie. I was also trying to curb an itch for a new stroller. It didn't work so well. I sold the indie a few weeks later and eventually got the bee.

Yes. She customizes it to your stroller so it would have the same harness heights as your stroller does.

bekahjean
03-03-2011, 11:52 AM
Yes. She customizes it to your stroller so it would have the same harness heights as your stroller does.

That sounds much better than the ones I got. While I like them (they are fairly plush and I love the colors), I do wish that they fit the stroller a little better. The shoulder harness that drew is using is the right height for the liner, but he will outgrow it fairly quickly, I think.

Oh well, I'll just have to buy something else. :wink2:

Bootsie
03-03-2011, 01:16 PM
bekahjean: is the harness strap notch that Tivoli supports always the lower one?

roseyloxs: thanks for the info!

bekahjean
03-03-2011, 01:20 PM
bekahjean: is the harness strap notch that Tivoli supports always the lower one?

I don't know about always, but it is at the lowest setting for my stroller. Andy is 5ish months, and the harness is still a little high on him, so it will work for a while. Will doesn't like the shoulder straps and he's really good about staying in the stroller, so I didn't bother setting up the straps with the liner. HTH!

meggswife
03-03-2011, 02:41 PM
I love stroller liners! I love to personalize and jazz up my strollers - so much fun! I have made quite a few, and I also have tried Maclarens and I have a Tivoli. I like the ones I made best because they're custom to my stroller and I backed them with waterproof backing to guard against spills. Of the "bought" liners, Maclarens are much nice IMO than the Tivolis. The Tivoli liner looks great - plush - but I don't think the construction quality is very good, especially for the cost. The Mac liners and made very nicely, reversible, and quite a bit less expensive. (Check on eBay for good prices.) If you sew at all, stroller liners are super easy to make. (I even made some for my (former) BJCE with a slot for the fold strap.) Hope that helps! :)

Bootsie
03-04-2011, 09:42 AM
I bought two of the tivoli liners from MB when they were up a few weeks ago. I bought the lagoon pattern (http://www.tivolicouture.com/Luxury-Stroller-Liners-Stroller-Pads/Lagoon-Stroller-Seat-Liner.htm) for my bumbleride twin in seagrass. I bought them both to protect the seat and to curb the urge for a new stroller. The colors look great and it was very easy to put on.
The liners were just a little too wide for the base of the seat, but that didn't really bother me. The only thing that I didn't really like about them is that they only have one shoulder strap height. If you had a taller child who uses the shoulder straps, they would not work very well.

Bekajean: are the Tivoli liners perfect rectangles? If so, and if the way you are currently using the liner, the liner is lower in terms of shoulder strap height, couldn't you just flip it around (don't flip it over, but around) so that the foot part is now at the head? Wouldn't the shoulder strap opening then be closer to the head? Or is the problem that the shoulder strap opening is deadset in the middle?

bekahjean
03-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Bekajean: are the Tivoli liners perfect rectangles? If so, and if the way you are currently using the liner, the liner is lower in terms of shoulder strap height, couldn't you just flip it around (don't flip it over, but around) so that the foot part is now at the head? Wouldn't the shoulder strap opening then be closer to the head? Or is the problem that the shoulder strap opening is deadset in the middle?

Yes, they are rectangles. However, flipping it wouldn't work for a few reasons. You wouldn't be able to get the crotch strap though, so none of the straps would work. Also, the elastic that goes around the back/top of the seat would be at the foot with nothing to hold the liner onto the stroller. The easiest solution would be adding another shoulder harness slot. It really wouldn't be difficult, except that I am not handy or good at sewing. The slot looks like it is just a big buttonhole, so I think it would be pretty easy to have a friend just add another when the time comes. :)

Bootsie
03-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Geez, I didn't even think about the crotch strap!