PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else HATE...

ha98ed14
03-02-2011, 10:31 PM
low flow toilets?

I mean really, what is the point?!? They save NO water because you have to flush at least twice to get the poo to go down. Guess that reading material might come in handy after all while I wait for the tank to fill!

kristenk
03-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Some of the newer low-flow toilets are fabulous! We just replaced both of our old toilets a few months ago with low-flow toilets and we haven't had any issues. At all. I was amazed. I wasn't sure about replacing our old toilets b/c I didn't see any problem with them and I had always heard bad things about low-flow, but DH was determined and did a lot of research, so we replaced them. Now I cringe thinking about all of the water that we were wasting. :bag

tmahanes
03-02-2011, 10:54 PM
Yeah you have to get the low flow with the high flush power and they are awesome!

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

lilycat88
03-02-2011, 10:57 PM
We have dual flush...one button for liquid...one button for solid...
They are great.

MamaMolly
03-03-2011, 12:42 AM
Sorry guys, I'm totally with the OP on this one. I have to flush and flush and flush. We have one toilet with the 2 button thing and sometimes it won't even get the pee down if I push just on one side.

HATE it.

rin
03-03-2011, 12:53 AM
Kristenk, what kind of toilets did you get? We're converting our garage and adding a bathroom, and my husband really wants to get a low-flow toilet. Any tips?

ncat
03-03-2011, 12:58 AM
Maybe worse than the flush failure is the spray from the higher pressure flush. At one job I thought for weeks I had co-workers who peed on the seats before I realized that it was a result of the flush.