PDA

View Full Version : Crate & Barrel faves? Ours opens tomorrow!

WatchingThemGrow
03-02-2011, 11:22 PM
What do you like there? Any special hidden "oh, I didn't know they would do that for you!" tips?

SASM
03-03-2011, 08:28 AM
No tips bc it has been a while since I've been in one and most of their merch changes seasonally. I am just so happy that you have one near you...i am a strong believer in retail therapy. :( Very exciting! Have fun!!

brittone2
03-03-2011, 09:00 AM
I haven't been for a long time but we've gotten nice glassware/stemware there in the past. I had a beautiful glass pitcher that was really affordable compared to everywhere else.

Have fun!

Seitvonzu
03-03-2011, 09:18 AM
no specifics here either, but i do LOVE crate and barrel... beforekiddo it was one of my favorite places to browse and occasionally pick up a great deal or a new stylish trendy thing :) i still am in LOVE with my two tiered green wire basket (not trendy, but "fun") i picked up maybe 5 springs ago??? i use it every year at eastertime-- i line it & fill it with little plants/small floweringplants, herbs, cover the whole thing in moss and it makes a PERFECT easter centerpiece! as soon as i bought it i saw it on martha stewarts set on her show-- i felt like i had such good taste ;)

the glassware is also really neat- cool vases too! i couldn't pull off the whole crate and barrel lifestyle because it's a little modern for me, but i do like the housewears.

ohiomom1121
03-03-2011, 10:19 AM
I've gotten 2 sets of dish towels there that are my favorites!!!

carolinamama
03-03-2011, 02:11 PM
WTG - Did you get your 15% off card in the mail? Just got one yesterday for their new store. I used to walk through there when I was at Crabtree and buy things here and there but now that they have moved out to SP, it's going to be much bigger. We have some fun serving dishes from there, dish towels, holiday decoration type things and I'm sure other stuff. I've also picked up kitchen gadgets that I liked.

WatchingThemGrow
03-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Ooh, I'll watch the mail. Nothing yet. I got there about an hour after opening, and it was still pretty crowded. The boys in the BJCED and I cruised through with ease. A few people glared at me like "How can you bring that stroller in here???" but it would have been worse with the 1yo and 3yo on foot. Anyway, It was pretty, and my living room has a lot of the same colors as one of theirs. Made me feel good. I'll go back later and look more closely, alone.

boogiemomz
03-03-2011, 03:01 PM
I was there this morning too!! DD and I probably left a few minutes before you got there, but if you heard/saw a toddler shrieking in her Mac Triumph and commandeering mommy's water bottle, that was us. :wavey: Love the store. Too much. I haven't gotten a 15% off coupon in the mail either!! Where is mine!?!?

tiapam
03-03-2011, 07:30 PM
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/kitchen-and-food/food-containers-storage/set-of-12-storage-bowls-with-clear-lids/s380520

These are great for all kinds of food storage and for serving. We use one as a butter dish.

WolfpackMom
03-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Awe man I didnt get a coupon either, which is weird because I get their catalouge. Love that store, we registered there for our wedding but I havent bought anything anytime recently. Is the new one big?

boolady
03-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Another vote for their kitchen towels. They're usually very reasonably priced, cute, and wash up nicely, so I don't feel bad if I pick up one or two a year. I also like some of their glass refrigerator storage with plastic lids for leftovers.