PDA

View Full Version : My hair is naturally

salsah
03-03-2011, 01:21 AM
just for fun . . .

I know there is a lot of variation and in betweens, but for the sake of simplicity, pick one.

AnnieW625
03-03-2011, 01:30 AM
Mine is wavy and thick, but it can't hold a curl well at all.

crl
03-03-2011, 01:31 AM
stick straight, fine and very thick. Works great for a bob, can't do anything else with it.

Catherine

lalasmama
03-03-2011, 02:17 AM
I voted straight. However, it's got so many cowlicks, it probably qualifies as wavy. When I first saw a picture of my birthmom, my best friend and I laughed, because it was obvious she was the reason I have 364 bad hair days each year! :)

I perm it to get some curl and managability, otherwise, it's a mess. And the curls hold for 2 years, so I can't complain. My hair takes forever to grow.

niccig
03-03-2011, 02:23 AM
Straight..I wear it long and the weight of the layers help to straighten it even more and it holds the cut very well - and I have a fabulous hairdresser. She convince me to grow it long saying it would suit me better, easier to style, and she's right. It grows super fast too. My sister has curly hair - I want cury hair and she wants straight hair.

Globetrotter
03-03-2011, 03:37 AM
Mine is anything from smooth and wavy to a frizzy curly mess, depending on the day :)

sunshine873
03-03-2011, 08:10 AM
Wavy. I used to have the best curly hair. It was so easy to take care of. Then I had surgery & DD & my hair completely changed. Now it's wavy, but it's crazy. There is no rhyme or reason to the wave & how my hair lays. Ugh. I need a good cut, but I've tried all kinds of salons around here they've all been horror stories.

babyonway
03-03-2011, 11:21 AM
I voted curly and it is VERY curly. I have tried every chemical to straighten it and it only ends up relaxing it a bit. All that stuff I have tried it very damaging so I have since stopped but I use a huge 3 inch curling iron and straigtening iron to relax it and although that is damaging as well I just don't like my hair totally out of control!

m448
03-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Super curly since puberty hit. I fought it until my 20s the embraced it wholeheartedly. It was also very thick until I had kids and now it's attempting to bounce back. My dream do is to rock a curly fro like Tracy Ross.

twowhat?
03-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Thick. Way, way, too thick. Not stick straight but not quite wavy either. Ugh!

WolfpackMom
03-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Somewhere between wavy and curly, but more so curly. It was curly when I was little then got straight or wavy then post baby its been all curls. I have to use a flat iron if I want it really straight (rare that I bother, but I did yesterday!).

HIU8
03-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Big ringlet curls. As it grows longer I get the banana curl look. It's a little less since kids but it seems to be coming back again. I actually prefer to wear it curly. I don't straighten or anything (I look really bad with straight hair--and it will frizz up anyway, so no point). right now it's bobbed.

bostonsmama
03-03-2011, 11:46 AM
I love wavy hair, but if I let it air-dry, it's just frizzy and half curly, half straight. So, if I want wavy hair, I have to blow it dry and then style waves/curls into it. But, I wouldn't classify it as curly b/c it's not super tight ringlets--although w/ product my hair stylist can get it to do that (I've never succeeded, though).

weech
03-03-2011, 11:48 AM
A combination of wavy, curly and out of control :) It was stick straight until puberty, then got super frizzy until maybe college, and then calmed into waves and curls. I straighten my bangs and leave the rest natural, usually, but before DS I used to flat iron it a lot. I loved being able to run my fingers through my hair and wear it down whenever I wanted!

egoldber
stick straight, fine and very thick. Works great for a bob, can't do anything else with it.

:yeahthat:

My hair's life has been an exploration of the many variations on the bob. :ROTFLMAO:

Long and straight works too, but my hair is so heavy that it gives me a headache.

veronica
super thick and curly. Ironically, both DC's have Daddy's hair; thin and straight! Hoping for some curly haired twins soon! My brother and I had huge mops of curly hair as kids!!!

JMS
03-03-2011, 11:56 AM
I didn't vote b/c my hair is straight and frizzy :(

billysmommy
03-03-2011, 11:58 AM
I have ringlet curls which I love for when I dress up and for nights out but I straighten it now for every day wear. Much, much easier to just get up and go with it straight!!

baymom
03-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Very curly and fine, and sadly, thinning. It's been a lifelong battle against frizz, but at least curls seem to give me volume. I did get a Brazilian Blowout in December, so now, it is more 'loose waves' right out of the shower and VERY easy to manage, compared to curly hair.

larig
03-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Thick. Way, way, too thick. Not stick straight but not quite wavy either. Ugh!

we sound like hair twins. Mine is also kinda frizzy--ICK!

I desperately wanted feathered hair when in middle school in the early 80s--no dice.

ETA: funny many of you straight hair girls have bobs. It's the only style that really works for my hair too.

boolady
03-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Stick straight, fine, slippery, and not thin, but not thick. It's always been so fine and slippery that barettes and other hair do dads just slide out of it. I guess the only good thing I can say about it is that it's nice and shiny.

elektra
03-03-2011, 01:06 PM
I love wavy hair, but if I let it air-dry, it's just frizzy and half curly, half straight. So, if I want wavy hair, I have to blow it dry and then style waves/curls into it. But, I wouldn't classify it as curly b/c it's not super tight ringlets--although w/ product my hair stylist can get it to do that (I've never succeeded, though).

Me too.

mackmama
03-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Stick straight until college, then it turned inexplicably very wavy.

MommyAllison
03-03-2011, 01:20 PM
I voted wavy. Pre-pregnancy, it was really mostly straight with random awkward waves - I didn't like it at all. But after DD, it turned into a much better wavy that has big loose curls when I put a bit of product in, and I love it. Really hoping another pregnancy doesn't change it back!

lizzywednesday
03-03-2011, 01:33 PM
My hair is wavy, thick and, often, frizzy.

I spent most of my grammar school years in and out of super-short haircuts. I had a pixie-shag cut in Kindergarten, a really bad mullet-bowl in the 1st grade, fairly normal hair in the 2nd grade, a blunt cut in the 3rd grade ... and the single worst haircut decision I ever made in the 6th grade with the "skater 'do" complete with braided rat-tail.

The worst hair decision I ever made was getting the spiral perm in the 8th grade.

I hate long hair, but I also hate super-short hair. I have to keep it chin/collar length or longer to feel good about it.

Any cut I get has to be do-able in 5 minutes or less. I'm still trying to find one.

BabbyO
03-03-2011, 01:37 PM
I'd say mostly straight. There is a very slight wave, but with it thick and heavy the wave is pulled right out unless I have it cut VERY short...which usually doesn't happen.

I also have pretty coarse hair...at least it looks decent in a ponytail

jenfromnj
03-03-2011, 02:19 PM
I have really fine hair that was pin straight until I was PG, then developed this funky wave that hasn't gone away. It's not a nice hair-commercial wave though, it's more of a Phil Spector mugshot kind of wave.

The length varies from chin length bob (my preferred pre-DS style) to my current look, which is about midway down my back with long layers.

I also have bangs for the first time since high school (long, sideswept ones), I gave into peer pressure during my last cut and immediately regretted it.

Melaine
03-03-2011, 02:28 PM
I picked wavy. Basically, it's neither curly nor straight and I have to fight it to get it to go either way. It used to be super thick but now it is just average, it used to be curly and I really loved it but now it's in between.

Tenasparkl
03-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Stick straight, fine, slippery, and not thin, but not thick. It's always been so fine and slippery that barettes and other hair do dads just slide out of it. I guess the only good thing I can say about it is that it's nice and shiny.

:yeahthat:

DrSally
03-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Thick, coarse, and wavy. Would love it to be straight, smooth, and medium thickness--never gonna happen (wo/a brasilian blowout).

I recently got it layered and have a very strong straightening iron (recommendation from BBB). This has all helped immensely. Also, my OC made about 1/3 of my hair fall out (it has levelled off now).

Kitten007
03-03-2011, 05:14 PM

:yeahthat: I try to put little headbands in my hair, but I spend most of the day putting them back in or having them fall off. I have really healthy hair at least. Sometimes if I curl is it holds, but most of the time all gone.