PDA

View Full Version : Shelves vs. drawers in the bathroom

kristenk
03-03-2011, 10:15 AM
We recently renovated the DD/guest bathroom. We have new cabinetry (Hooray!) and quite a bit of storage space. Out of the two cabinets, not counting the under-sink space on each side, we have 4 shallow drawers, 4 relatively deep drawers, and two shelf units with two shelves (well, one shelf and the bottom of the cabinet).

I need to put stuff back in the bathroom, but I'm sort of stuck. I don't know what would work best on shelves vs. drawers and how best to organize. We'd like to leave some space (but not a lot) empty for overnight guests. We have some candles and vases that we generally store in that bathroom.

Even putting that stuff away, though, I think we'll have extra space. I don't want to cram in things that don't make sense, but we have such little storage space in the house that I want to use all the extra space that I can.

So, what do you typically store in your bathroom in drawers vs. on shelves? Do you use/do something to keep the drawers and/or shelves organized? What stuff do you store in the bathroom?

zag95
03-03-2011, 12:15 PM
I don't have any shelves in my DD/hall bathroom- just the countertop.

This is what I store in there:

first aid supplies
thermometers (oral, Exergen, etc)
Sunblock/lotions
curling iron
heating pad
hot water bottle
extra soap and toilet paper
bath gel/bubble bath
toothbrushes/paste
DD's hair stuff

On the countertop, we have handpump soap, toothbrush holder with DD's toothbrush, candle, jar with seashells, towels in corner, rolled up.

Our cabinet is about 60 inches across, but the toilet is kinda up against it, so it makes it a bit of a challenge to access one of the cupboards below.... so I put things in there that aren't used very frequently.

HTH!