PDA

View Full Version : why are my pants itchy? I'm going crazy!!!

veronica
03-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Maternity wear, in my price range, is slim pickings. Add the fact that I need petite/short lengths, and it's down to even less.

I got a pair of pants from motherhood. they are "khaki" like fabric. Not yoga/gym pants and not wool trousers. Just regular pants. My legs are so itchy in them that I'm dying over here.

Has anyone had this happen? I don't have allergires. Tag says 97% cotton and 3% spandex, a mix I've never had issues wearing.

It is definitely the pants, I have shaved with no razor burn, moisturized and the only thing that works is chaning the pants!!! I can't sit or drive in them without twitching....

what could it be?

BabbyO
03-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Maternity wear, in my price range, is slim pickings. Add the fact that I need petite/short lengths, and it's down to even less.

I got a pair of pants from motherhood. they are "khaki" like fabric. Not yoga/gym pants and not wool trousers. Just regular pants. My legs are so itchy in them that I'm dying over here.

Has anyone had this happen? I don't have allergires. Tag says 97% cotton and 3% spandex, a mix I've never had issues wearing.

It is definitely the pants, I have shaved with no razor burn, moisturized and the only thing that works is chaning the pants!!! I can't sit or drive in them without twitching....

what could it be?

Perhaps the dye they used...

BTW...I feel your pain regarding maternity wear....slim pickins!

ha98ed14
03-03-2011, 01:37 PM
DId you wash before wearing? (You prob did or already did given the complaint.) Is it possible your skin is just that much more sensitive b/c you are preg. and maybe these pants are more close fitting, so they rub more? A friend had PUPPS (sp?) and it made her super itchy. Hope you feel better soon!

fortato
03-03-2011, 01:48 PM
That's the worst!!! It's not like you aren't uncomfortable already, right?

Have you checked EBAY for clothes?? I got all my maternity jeans from there- I loved a certain style from the Gap and I could only find them on EBAY....

3blackcats
03-03-2011, 03:26 PM
I get itchy and break out if I wear black pants. Especially if it is really cold outside. My legs will look like the have a rash on them. Maybe it is the dye like a PP mentioned?

Melaine
03-03-2011, 03:31 PM
I was super itchy during pregnancy...I might attribute it to that more so than the pants.

BabbyO
03-03-2011, 03:40 PM
I was super itchy during pregnancy...I might attribute it to that more so than the pants.

I was thinking that this might be the case initially, too. But you said that the itching goes away if you take the pants off, which led me to the dye guess?

Does moisturizing before you put the pants on help?

veronica
03-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Yes, just these pants! They are black.....
I'm washing them again tomorrow, inside out, to see if it will help.

Just great-so a short, pregnant lady can't wear black pants???
:32::angry-smiley-005::hopmad:

Kitten007
03-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Disney Channel's Phineas and Ferb knows why......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nKG_O0Ei_o

Had to hopefully give you a good laugh.

veronica
03-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Disney Channel's Phineas and Ferb knows why......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nKG_O0Ei_o

Had to hopefully give you a good laugh.

thank you so much. we are huge fans here and I knew the song. I love the video. DD and DS just went nuts dancing to it. I laughed so hard just now!

seriously, I look exactly like Candace when I wear them!!!

I got the same pair in brown so I will try those tomorrow!!!

dec756
03-03-2011, 07:21 PM
i would try salvationn army for maternity wear..i always found awesome stuff for under $5....worth a shot!!

maiaann
03-03-2011, 08:03 PM
i would try salvationn army for maternity wear..i always found awesome stuff for under $5....worth a shot!!

:yeahthat:

I had a pair of pants that itched me once. After I washed them they were fine. Try a little vinegar in with the detergent - it might help remove residual dyes, chemicals, etc. used during manufacturing.

veronica
03-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Wearing the brown ones with no problems!!! and these were new and unwahsed!!

Black are in the wash again right now-THEY WILL NOT DEFEAT ME:45: